Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ohhh, the old EST vs PST debate. It comes up all the time. A happy medium I've found typically is 6-9pm PST. That puts it at the limits of what you can reasonably expect a EST player to raid, but late enough that most PST can get home and hop on if they want too.

But 2nd shift isn't going to hit 8:30pm PST either? 2nd shift I worked was 3:30-midnight?

And most people don't do shit during the week, in terms of going out, because... they have to work the next day! Surprise surprise! So they just sit at home, play EQ in their underwear, then hit it up big on the weekends with the club with the homies?!

2-10:30 for me.
I would have a good 45 minutes before raid start after I get home from work.
I still might end up in spirits of eventide, shit is just too perfect for me and I know theres a ton of burnout in every expansion.
Especially since I'll be barding this server.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had my eye on them for weeks prior and didnt apply because of main indecisiveness, they filled up extremely fast. Problem is as usual theres a million guilds that want to raid 8pm est and *1* that wants to raid that people that work 2nd shift can actually attend.

The equally bad thing is theres only *1* guild that raids on the weekends Veterans of Norrath, while everyone else is raiding during the week.

Im so glad theres so many 9-5 bankers in the world that have productive weekends.

Yeah I feel like I'm a minority when I was like wheres the 6pm to 9pm raiding Friday Saturday. I guess everyone is hitting chilis happy hour? When I was in my partying days we didnt start pregaming until at least 9.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well I caved and subbed for this and bought the damn 40 slot bag. Planning on just playing a single character for 2-4 hrs a night. Anyone want a third wheel that's planning on going roughly the same speed? Leaning either Enchanter or Mage for this go-round.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Never done the actual progression server stuff in EQ. Quit EQ like 17 years ago but I've recently (a week) been playing on p99 green. Thinking of subbing to do this new TLP.

What kind of audience is normally in this? I know people who like to rush content will obviously be on there. Are there more casual players on there drinking in the nostalgia than content rushers? Pondering if I should stay on p99 or play this considering I wont likely be a regular raider.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Never done the actual progression server stuff in EQ. Quit EQ like 17 years ago but I've recently (a week) been playing on p99 green. Thinking of subbing to do this new TLP.

What kind of audience is normally in this? I know people who like to rush content will obviously be on there. Are there more casual players on there drinking in the nostalgia than content rushers? Pondering if I should stay on p99 or play this considering I wont likely be a regular raider.

It is generally like P99 early on - there's a lot of friendly people if you play casually and don't chase endgame. If you *do* chase endgame, expect heightened competition.

Eventually most 'day-1' starters will be in endgame in about 2-3 weeks. That's when things start to get a bit rough in contested, open-world areas with camps like Efreeti, Ghoul Lord, Frenzy, Ass/Sup, Hammerhead, Hadden, Hill Giants, Ice Giants, Seafuries, etc.

At that point you will really want to avoid those areas unless you wish to fight or deal with toxic players. If you are on the fence about playing, I would wait 2-3 weeks to really roll a character and use the initial launch to reserve your name. Raid progression in classic is basically non-existent. Gear catchup takes a matter of a few days upon hitting max level, as long as you're not a class like a Bard (You will basically need the Selo's drums eventually), Rogue (Crystalline Spear is non-optional, and why would you roll a Rogue in classic anyways?!). For those 2-3 weeks of launch, items like Cloak of Flames will be hot commodities and the chance of you getting one in a guild is slim to none anyways unless you're, say, a monk or warrior main tank. It's worth noting, too, that items like Puppet Strings will be in use, although they will likely be saved for charm turn-ins in Kunark.

A big advantage over P99's raid scene, however, is the concept of raid NPCs being instanced on lockout timers. If you're not part of <Uber Guild Taking All Open World Targets> that you can't possibly compete with, (Unlike P99, all contested NPCs are DPS races on TLP servers.) you may enter an instance that contains that raid NPC with all of the loot. This opens up raiding to very casual players.

I would be very wary of joining just any old raid guild without doing your research on the history of the players running a guild. If a player, officer, or leader in a guild is known to trade their items in for real money and 'cash out' their character's items, you may just end up as a slave for someone else's RMT scheme as what happened with a lot of prominent TLP guilds. Even though they get exiled from their guilds after cashing out, the damage is done and especially if they are in a leadership position, you risk not having a guild the next day and wasting a lot of your time and effort.

This phenomenon stems from one big problem in these TLP servers: There is a real money aspect to EQ's TLPs in the form of 'Krono farming'. Normally players are supposed to buy 'Krono', an item which grants 30 days subscription time, from Daybreak's store to transfer to other players. However, an absurd underground market for Krono has formed in which players that don't spend a dime but corner specific camps and undercut the Daybreak price of the Krono. These players farm items of significant value and trade them for Krono. On the black market, Krono goes for anywhere from $8-11 instead of the $18 per Krono that Daybreak offers.

Ultimately Daybreak makes a profit on this either way. It's only their problem when it affects another player. RMT'ing is technically against their terms of service. ie; trading real life money to other players for Krono instead of items for Krono. They routinely ban people with too much of it, whether or not they were actually real-money trading or not. If you're engaged in the practice for too long, they will likely crack down on you eventually. This part of the game will stress you out. EQ is a lot of fun outside of this minigame and I highly suggest avoiding it if you wish to maximize your enjoyment of TLPs.

Generally, people involved in this form of RMT make below the federal US minimum wage while doing this, but occasionally you'll see someone cornering the market and making upwards of $3-8k a month. During the lifetime of a server, it's not uncommon to see someone brag on other forums about making six figures in a TLP.

Aradune is supposed to have GM support available, so it's yet to be seen if they will actually police DPS races, training, raid mob engagements, harassment, camp stealing, etc... it's in a very grey area and no information was released on *how* the GM will enforce the rules, only that they will be available.

Historically though... prior to this server, you had a better chance of being banned for calling someone a racist or homophobic term, or telling someone to kill themselves, rather than actually training someone. While it's normally good to keep your mouth shut, if you act clueless or apologize to the person in question with sincerity while training them deliberately, you actually have a higher chance of getting away with training them. We'll see if that continues into the next TLP.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I miss when LD characters became NPC killing machines that ran around zones killing everything until the server finally DC’d them.

On live in early 2000s, I found out how to zone and make my 49 mage pet into a newbie killing, KoS NPC. I made 2 at the SolB zone in. The decimation was glorious. On the lavastorm side, naked people were saying "You have to be quick, he roots!" I'd like to think I've matured since then.

I have a 24 hour shift the day after the server comes up. So I get to deal with the inevitible log in issues, and miss out on the 1st real day :*(

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
It is generally like P99 early on - there's a lot of friendly people if you play casually and don't chase endgame. If you *do* chase endgame, expect heightened competition.

Eventually most 'day-1' starters will be in endgame in about 2-3 weeks. That's when things start to get a bit rough in contested, open-world areas with camps like Efreeti, Ghoul Lord, Frenzy, Ass/Sup, Hammerhead, Hadden, Hill Giants, Ice Giants, Seafuries, etc.

At that point you will really want to avoid those areas unless you wish to fight or deal with toxic players. If you are on the fence about playing, I would wait 2-3 weeks to really roll a character and use the initial launch to reserve your name. Raid progression in classic is basically non-existent. Gear catchup takes a matter of a few days upon hitting max level, as long as you're not a class like a Bard (You will basically need the Selo's drums eventually), Rogue (Crystalline Spear is non-optional, and why would you roll a Rogue in classic anyways?!). For those 2-3 weeks of launch, items like Cloak of Flames will be hot commodities and the chance of you getting one in a guild is slim to none anyways unless you're, say, a monk or warrior main tank. It's worth noting, too, that items like Puppet Strings will be in use, although they will likely be saved for charm turn-ins in Kunark.

A big advantage over P99's raid scene, however, is the concept of raid NPCs being instanced on lockout timers. If you're not part of <Uber Guild Taking All Open World Targets> that you can't possibly compete with, (Unlike P99, all contested NPCs are DPS races on TLP servers.) you may enter an instance that contains that raid NPC with all of the loot. This opens up raiding to very casual players.

I would be very wary of joining just any old raid guild without doing your research on the history of the players running a guild. If a player, officer, or leader in a guild is known to trade their items in for real money and 'cash out' their character's items, you may just end up as a slave for someone else's RMT scheme as what happened with a lot of prominent TLP guilds. Even though they get exiled from their guilds after cashing out, the damage is done and especially if they are in a leadership position, you risk not having a guild the next day and wasting a lot of your time and effort.

This phenomenon stems from one big problem in these TLP servers: There is a real money aspect to EQ's TLPs in the form of 'Krono farming'. Normally players are supposed to buy 'Krono', an item which grants 30 days subscription time, from Daybreak's store to transfer to other players. However, an absurd underground market for Krono has formed in which players that don't spend a dime but corner specific camps and undercut the Daybreak price of the Krono. These players farm items of significant value and trade them for Krono. On the black market, Krono goes for anywhere from $8-11 instead of the $18 per Krono that Daybreak offers.

Ultimately Daybreak makes a profit on this either way. It's only their problem when it affects another player. RMT'ing is technically against their terms of service. ie; trading real life money to other players for Krono instead of items for Krono. They routinely ban people with too much of it, whether or not they were actually real-money trading or not. If you're engaged in the practice for too long, they will likely crack down on you eventually. This part of the game will stress you out. EQ is a lot of fun outside of this minigame and I highly suggest avoiding it if you wish to maximize your enjoyment of TLPs.

Generally, people involved in this form of RMT make below the federal US minimum wage while doing this, but occasionally you'll see someone cornering the market and making upwards of $3-8k a month. During the lifetime of a server, it's not uncommon to see someone brag on other forums about making six figures in a TLP.

Aradune is supposed to have GM support available, so it's yet to be seen if they will actually police DPS races, training, raid mob engagements, harassment, camp stealing, etc... it's in a very grey area and no information was released on *how* the GM will enforce the rules, only that they will be available.

Historically though... prior to this server, you had a better chance of being banned for calling someone a racist or homophobic term, or telling someone to kill themselves, rather than actually training someone. While it's normally good to keep your mouth shut, if you act clueless or apologize to the person in question with sincerity while training them deliberately, you actually have a higher chance of getting away with training them. We'll see if that continues into the next TLP.

Well shit. I went to bed super hyped about the TLP and now I’m not really interested in this server if there is going to be toxicity like that. P99 Green has had such chill nice people it was really enjoyable to play on there.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well shit. I went to bed super hyped about the TLP and now I’m not really interested in this server if there is going to be toxicity like that. P99 Green has had such chill nice people it was really enjoyable to play on there.
Secrets is all about the worst case scenario for dbg. He's an emu autist. It can be toxic but it's mostly fine. And when you get out of classic it gets a lot better.

Also, if there was no Krono, there would still be RMT. Just like there was in 99. It doesn't change much except DPG gets a cut and makes it slightly easier.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider

TLP is the best shit ever if you arent a regular raider. You can just join a guild and raid whenever because you'll always have access to raid mobs. I experienced all the content I missed from classic to velious on agnarr and I was pretty casual raiding once or twice a week.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Friend is trying to talk me into playing, so figured I might check it out just for some laughs. Managed to get a password recovery sent for my old account, but they wanted me to answer a security question from over a decade ago and I don't remember the sarcastic answer I gave. Daybreak website says to put in a customer support ticket, but have to create a new account. No problem, so I click finish on creating an account and it kinda just spins. I click finish again and it goes to some generic login screen without confirmation. No email that I signed up. When I try to log in it says invalid credentials. When I try to make a new account again it says username is taken. Amateur hour. Anyone want my stuff?

Grisvok

Molten Core Raider
Quick pre-Aradune announcement...

I'll be doing an Aradune pre-stream with Mafakka's guild, <Pals> tomorrow at 10pm EST.

We're gonna doing a level 1 PvP event on a TBD F2P server, in the Qeynos Arena, plus a Q&A session with Mafakka + maybe a few other special guests. I am trying to get some high profile invites sent out for the Q&A from eqlive folks (ie; Zaide, Mabbu, Sieger, etc) and some high profile emu folks (Burt, Jeremy, Rogean, Nilbog, Haynar, Torven, Akkadius, Abacab, whomever wants to join really) - I won't be drinking myself but you can if you want.

You will be able to tune in on Twitch - the Q&A meeting room will be moderated by Mafakka in his discord (Join the Pals Discord Server!) and we'll try and keep the chat free of stuff that could get my channel ToS'd - please be respectful if you wish to participate in the Q&A.

The stream will begin about 30 minutes prior to the Q&A (9:30pm EST) to give everyone time to get in.

After the hour-long event, we'll be doing some TAKProject (https://takproject.net/) after-hours streaming to show Darkpaw that there's a market for PoP-locked EverQuest if it was actually done right and looked and felt like EverQuest in 2002.

Aradune launches on May 27th, 2020. I personally won't be playing hardcore on Aradune and likely won't be joining any raiding or major guilds.

We are remaining guild-neutral on the stream, meaning that if <Thats Eq Baby> or other guild names want to show up and talk, we are giving them a platform to speak freely and without judgement.

Let's make this server a blast, and a celebration of the work that Smedley, Butler, and McQuaid have put a large chunk into their life making and promoting for us all. Feel free to join me and let's talk some EQ!

Where’s my invite Secrets? I’ve definitely crushed Zaide/mabbu/Seiger. Is this a who’s who of EQ doxxing?

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
On live in early 2000s, I found out how to zone and make my 49 mage pet into a newbie killing, KoS NPC. I made 2 at the SolB zone in. The decimation was glorious. On the lavastorm side, naked people were saying "You have to be quick, he roots!" I'd like to think I've matured since then.

I have a 24 hour shift the day after the server comes up. So I get to deal with the inevitible log in issues, and miss out on the 1st real day :*(

The first 12 hours will be a shit show, after that it's fine.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Of course I am away again at launch like every TLP I want to play at. Silly how hyped I get everytime I decide to play some EQ again. Worse than Crackcocain.

Skykam

Golden Knight of the Realm
Quick pre-Aradune announcement...

I'll be doing an Aradune pre-stream with Mafakka's guild, <Pals> tomorrow at 10pm EST.

We're gonna doing a level 1 PvP event on a TBD F2P server, in the Qeynos Arena, plus a Q&A session with Mafakka + maybe a few other special guests. I am trying to get some high profile invites sent out for the Q&A from eqlive folks (ie; Zaide, Mabbu, Sieger, etc) and some high profile emu folks (Burt, Jeremy, Rogean, Nilbog, Haynar, Torven, Akkadius, Abacab, whomever wants to join really) - I won't be drinking myself but you can if you want.

You will be able to tune in on Twitch - the Q&A meeting room will be moderated by Mafakka in his discord (Join the Pals Discord Server!) and we'll try and keep the chat free of stuff that could get my channel ToS'd - please be respectful if you wish to participate in the Q&A.

The stream will begin about 30 minutes prior to the Q&A (9:30pm EST) to give everyone time to get in.

After the hour-long event, we'll be doing some TAKProject (https://takproject.net/) after-hours streaming to show Darkpaw that there's a market for PoP-locked EverQuest if it was actually done right and looked and felt like EverQuest in 2002.

Aradune launches on May 27th, 2020. I personally won't be playing hardcore on Aradune and likely won't be joining any raiding or major guilds.

We are remaining guild-neutral on the stream, meaning that if <Thats Eq Baby> or other guild names want to show up and talk, we are giving them a platform to speak freely and without judgement.

Let's make this server a blast, and a celebration of the work that Smedley, Butler, and McQuaid have put a large chunk into their life making and promoting for us all. Feel free to join me and let's talk some EQ!
Yikes, this is a list you never want to see your name including on.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So tell me about Pals? Are they the Karl Malone of Everquest or can they take the trophy 🏆 and become the Michael Jordan of Everquest?

I think Xevy Xevy and I need to co stream a play by play of who really is the best of Aradune.

yerm

Not trying to join in the dogpile too hard S Secrets but I'd politely request that you not include Mabbu in any of these sorts of things, and rather less politely try to insist that you not advertise for him in any way on this forum - where he is permanently banned for a deliberate doxx with openly malicious intent (get someone fired) behind it. I'd go further and recommend you and anyone reading this NEVER trust him with access to your personal information in any way or for any reason.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

B_Mizzle

Not trying to join in the dogpile too hard S Secrets but I'd politely request that you not include Mabbu in any of these sorts of things, and rather less politely try to insist that you not advertise for him in any way on this forum - where he is permanently banned for a deliberate doxx with openly malicious intent (get someone fired) behind it. I'd go further and recommend you and anyone reading this NEVER trust him with access to your personal information in any way or for any reason.

Sounds like a bad hombre, who did he doxx?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

That's fair. I didn't actually look into his history; I just remember his name as someone controversial on Agnarr for being involved in RMT, and needed a name to drop as sometimes the opposite perspective to mine is often welcomed. However, if those accusations are true, I won't have him on the stream. Also, these are not confirmed guests. I have simply sent invites to everyone in the announcement post. It's unlikely they will actually join or want to come talk.

Anyone is generally welcome to participate, within reason. Obviously someone who does something as horrible as doxxing won't be permitted on the stream.

Where’s my invite Secrets? I’ve definitely crushed Zaide/mabbu/Seiger. Is this a who’s who of EQ doxxing?

Anyone is welcome, generally. I am not in tune with the eqlive community and personalities, so I will use my own judgement, <Pals>'s judgement, and of course the stream chat's opinion on who to bring on.