Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
So tell me about Pals? Are they the Karl Malone of Everquest or can they take the trophy 🏆 and become the Michael Jordan of Everquest?

I think Xevy Xevy and I need to co stream a play by play of who really is the best of Aradune.

Pals is run by Mafakka. I'm not entirely sure if they'll be contesting open world. They had a decent casual guild for a while on Mangler.
I can't attest to if it was a decent guild or not.

Generally EQ is a much more social game, and if you are around people that make you miserable, you won't have any fun. It's not like EQ is a challenging game or anything, so just pick a guild with people you like and loot rules you like.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Not trying to join in the dogpile too hard S Secrets but I'd politely request that you not include Mabbu in any of these sorts of things, and rather less politely try to insist that you not advertise for him in any way on this forum - where he is permanently banned for a deliberate doxx with openly malicious intent (get someone fired) behind it. I'd go further and recommend you and anyone reading this NEVER trust him with access to your personal information in any way or for any reason.
Pretty sure everyone on that list has doxxed someone before. Including Secrets lol

• 1Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Best thing I could think of with the way it is

Seems like it is like a health bar that is full and drains to 0. So you can only take the top image away right to left.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Pretty sure everyone on that list has doxxed someone before. Including Secrets lol

And I apologized to the person that was affected by that years ago (2011-ish). It's unacceptable to do, I regret my actions back then, and have spent the rest of my adult life trying to atone for terrible behavior. Despite being young, I should have known better by then, especially when it has real-world consequences. There's no excuse for doing what I did, and I find myself still apologizing to this day to people like that. It's one thing to say you won't do it again, and then it's another thing to actually do it again and learn from the hate-driven mistakes in a positive manner and tell people not to do the shitty action you did.

Those who doxx others don't realize what that does to someone, until it happens to you.
In 2014 I had my personal information searched up. I had individuuals calling my family phones, making shitty comments about me and my family, etc; it's no fun. I'm fortunate that no one used my personal information to open a line of credit or bank card in my name, or tried to endanger/harass me outside of that. I am also fortunate that I did not end up with bomb threats, swatting, or other activities that would physically endanger me or my family. The emotions from dealing with the harassment actually led me to having thicker skin, and realizing how much of a terrible person I was then, and how much of a better person I could be going forward.

I've seen that happen in the games industry, for example... Look at John Smedley and what Lizard Squad did to that man; seeing how people take things too far and too personally made me extremely distressed about what I did in the past. In the incident that happened to me, I escalated malicious behavior (trolling an internet forum with gore and 'shock' content) with overly personal and malicious behavior. That doesn't result in anything positive; often times it ends up with the situation getting personal and no one being satisfied with the outcome.

With all that being said, this is also a stream I am running with guests. I hope that everyone is respectful to the guests I have on and that it goes relatively well so it can become a more regular broadcast. Hope to see you guys there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
So tell me about Pals? Are they the Karl Malone of Everquest or can they take the trophy 🏆 and become the Michael Jordan of Everquest?

I think Xevy Xevy and I need to co stream a play by play of who really is the best of Aradune.

PASS! If you think you're hot shit "at EQ", you're probably A: not and B: not much more than average at most video games. Being "good" at EQ mostly means learning hand-me-downed exploits and not fucking them up.

The only thing I remember of Mafakka is my guild going up to Hate for OW mobs in classic, they saw us approaching Magi P'Tassa, panicked, Mafakka pulled them to his clearly not-ready raid, dying in the process, and we were 100% hands off as they wiped to it. Then we re-pulled it on its path back and killed it. I think I streamed the whole thing, actually.

But no, I'd never contribute to any of these nerds EQ-egos. <THATS EGO BABY> I'm sure will go great for 2 months before imploding then go less great but still be the top guild because there's no competition in Everquest.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PASS! If you think you're hot shit "at EQ", you're probably A: not and B: not much more than average at most video games. Being "good" at EQ mostly means learning hand-me-downed exploits and not fucking them up.

The only thing I remember of Mafakka is my guild going up to Hate for OW mobs in classic, they saw us approaching Magi P'Tassa, panicked, Mafakka pulled them to his clearly not-ready raid, dying in the process, and we were 100% hands off as they wiped to it. Then we re-pulled it on its path back and killed it. I think I streamed the whole thing, actually.

But no, I'd never contribute to any of these nerds EQ-egos. <THATS EGO BABY> I'm sure will go great for 2 months before imploding then go less great but still be the top guild because there's no competition in Everquest.

• 2Worf

Grisvok

Molten Core Raider
And I apologized to the person that was affected by that years ago (2011-ish). It's unacceptable to do, I regret my actions back then, and have spent the rest of my adult life trying to atone for terrible behavior. Despite being young, I should have known better by then, especially when it has real-world consequences. There's no excuse for doing what I did, and I find myself still apologizing to this day to people like that. It's one thing to say you won't do it again, and then it's another thing to actually do it again and learn from the hate-driven mistakes in a positive manner and tell people not to do the shitty action you did.

Those who doxx others don't realize what that does to someone, until it happens to you.
In 2014 I had my personal information searched up. I had individuuals calling my family phones, making shitty comments about me and my family, etc; it's no fun. I'm fortunate that no one used my personal information to open a line of credit or bank card in my name, or tried to endanger/harass me outside of that. I am also fortunate that I did not end up with bomb threats, swatting, or other activities that would physically endanger me or my family. The emotions from dealing with the harassment actually led me to having thicker skin, and realizing how much of a terrible person I was then, and how much of a better person I could be going forward.

I've seen that happen in the games industry, for example... Look at John Smedley and what Lizard Squad did to that man; seeing how people take things too far and too personally made me extremely distressed about what I did in the past. In the incident that happened to me, I escalated malicious behavior (trolling an internet forum with gore and 'shock' content) with overly personal and malicious behavior. That doesn't result in anything positive; often times it ends up with the situation getting personal and no one being satisfied with the outcome.

With all that being said, this is also a stream I am running with guests. I hope that everyone is respectful to the guests I have on and that it goes relatively well so it can become a more regular broadcast. Hope to see you guys there.
I appreciate the openness. But you need to exclude Zaide from the QA as well then. He doxxed dima on previous servers, this has been confirmed several times.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Aradune is my first TLP so I'm staying humble about it all but the MMO gamer in me has a hard time taking any super-competitive TLP player all that seriously. Like, competition is competition but come on, this shit was figured out twenty years ago and for many classes in Classic->PoP the skill-cap APM is like, ten.

End-game live EQ is different though. There isn't a high density of really skilled players relative to other games but the game has such a high skill-cap due to all the fucked up mechanics that the devs have added every expansion that those who can play at a high level just run circles around those that can't. That being said, difficult encounters in EQ are basically created by accident by developers.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Competition in EQ is all about numbers and mobilization. Pretty sure every top OW guild is just the guild with the most level capped players. Oh, and those most willing to train and warp hack if they don't have numbers.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Pals is run by Mafakka. I'm not entirely sure if they'll be contesting open world. They had a decent casual guild for a while on Mangler.
I can't attest to if it was a decent guild or not.

Generally EQ is a much more social game, and if you are around people that make you miserable, you won't have any fun. It's not like EQ is a challenging game or anything, so just pick a guild with people you like and loot rules you like.

PALS would regularly hold open raids, whether that was just being friendly and community spirited or because they needed help to kill anything I can't say for sure.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'd pick on Instagram 'models' and their expensive purses, but I've probably spent more on EQ pixel bags at this point. Pot/Kettle all that. I don't feel bad when 17.99 saves me a lot of dead time running back to sell though.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think they usually have those melee vendors with the simple ones like direct damage and tap over time and such.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Are melee augments in game at launch still or have they removed them with the newer TLPs?

They're still there.

On the first couple of raids there's always someone with the wrong augs in the wrong weapons getting fucking murdered by shit but don't that let that desuade you from rocking a Fluxbladed Axe + Wulfenite Gem combo. It's the tank's fault he can't hold aggro.

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Aradune is my first TLP so I'm staying humble about it all but the MMO gamer in me has a hard time taking any super-competitive TLP player all that seriously. Like, competition is competition but come on, this shit was figured out twenty years ago and for many classes in Classic->PoP the skill-cap APM is like, ten.

FWIW the top live guild is the original top TLP guild. Once they reached live they’ve been the first guild to clear basically (maybe literally?) every expansion since.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dude, real talk, when you run a Q&A you have to

1. Sit down, jesus.
2. Introduce your guests or let them introduce themselves.
3. Let them do the talking.

For example if someone asks bobbybick a question they aren't interested in you answering it for him. You talked WAY too much. But then cabdru was there so 10/10 best Q&A in years.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Dude, real talk, when you run a Q&A you have to

1. Sit down, jesus.
2. Introduce your guests or let them introduce themselves.
3. Let them do the talking.

For example if someone asks bobbybick a question they aren't interested in you answering it for him. You talked WAY too much. But then cabdru was there so 10/10 best Q&A in years.

I think it was a bit too open ended. When I agreed to host it for pals, it was pitched as a QnA/MeetnGreet sort of show, and then I heard today that Mafakka wanted it as a bloodbath of personalities talking in Discord. Needless to say I think if I do this again, I'll take your advice. Thanks

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
FWIW the top live guild is the original top TLP guild. Once they reached live they’ve been the first guild to clear basically (maybe literally?) every expansion since.
From Sleeper or whatever the first tlp was called? That's crazy and pretty cool.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Realm of Insanity is an end-game, current-content raiding guild on the Xegony server. The guild was formed at the start of the Combine progression server in June of 2006, and since that time we have progressed through all raid content at unprecedented speeds. To this day, RoI holds the title of every serverwide first completion since the transition to a Live server in 2009.

They stomped everyone on Combine then just kept on truckin.