Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not to derail too much but what's funny about the live scene is that the last expansion was easy from top to bottom, and the final raid was killed by 20 guilds in the first week.

Compare that with TBL, where the difference between the #1 and #2 guilds was six weeks, and only a few more killed it before it was nerfed. I don't even know if 20 guilds have killed it to date.

The last raid in TBL is a good raid for measuring player quality density because it has a few punishing mechanics that wipe the raid if a player doesn't perform well. RoI is head and shoulders above everyone else, but who knows if it'll even matter in the next expansion because DPG doesn't make any real attempts at tuning content. EQ live raiding is limited by flags such that you need to defeat a raid ten times (or something) before you can go onto the next tier, so the ease of the raids has developed a flag-based meta-game where frequently the first guild to defeat the content is the guild that does the best job at alarm clicking raids to minimize the time between different raid requests. This is some of the most bizarre and degenerative raiding scene I've ever heard of.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

They stomped everyone on Combine then just kept on truckin.

The ones in our crew from ROI are some of the best TLP players of all time. Dannin, Astral, Beimeth etc are just really good at the game, there is skill involved and knowledge contrary to what some people think and those guys are beasts.

Also you dont need 300+ people to break dragons or raids, the MT can LoS mobs to melee the MT but keeping the MT out of sight from their AOE which breaks them to not AoE. Mabbu and some others learned how to do this, you can fight Naggy with a skeleton crew like this for example.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
What time will the servers officially unlock, just curious?

Of course, add +6 to whatever they announce, it's usually a shiat show lol.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What time will the servers officially unlock, just curious?

Of course, add +6 to whatever they announce, it's usually a shiat show lol.

We're going to unlock the servers at Noon (12 PM PDT) this coming Wednesday May 27, 2020.

Also you only have a few days left for the current packs that are on the marketplace, they will be coming down on 5/27 as well at 9 AM and will be replaced with new offerings. So get them while the get'in's good.

These are coming down:

EverQuest Celebration Pack

EverQuest Celebration Bundle

This will remain up:

House of Thule Collector's Edition Revival

The top two will be replaced with new bundles.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not to derail too much but what's funny about the live scene is that the last expansion was easy from top to bottom, and the final raid was killed by 20 guilds in the first week.

Compare that with TBL, where the difference between the #1 and #2 guilds was six weeks, and only a few more killed it before it was nerfed. I don't even know if 20 guilds have killed it to date.

The last raid in TBL is a good raid for measuring player quality density because it has a few punishing mechanics that wipe the raid if a player doesn't perform well. RoI is head and shoulders above everyone else, but who knows if it'll even matter in the next expansion because DPG doesn't make any real attempts at tuning content. EQ live raiding is limited by flags such that you need to defeat a raid ten times (or something) before you can go onto the next tier, so the ease of the raids has developed a flag-based meta-game where frequently the first guild to defeat the content is the guild that does the best job at alarm clicking raids to minimize the time between different raid requests. This is some of the most bizarre and degenerative raiding scene I've ever heard of.

Wow so there are still EQ guilds around since 2004 and raid progression archived all the way back to then. IIRC Triton was Tigole's original EQ guild?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
How do I create an EQ account without tying an email address to it? Do I just not need to verify the email account, and it's ok?

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Gonna go one better, making a Karen guild

tCAMifP_d.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
Does anyone have any UI recommendations and can someone explain how to customize the UI? Coming back after a long hiatus, haven’t played since PoP

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
So 3pm EST launch - figure servers should be settled by 8pm?
Does anyone have any UI recommendations and can someone explain how to customize the UI? Coming back after a long hiatus, haven’t played since PoP

Go back to comment #331 and people linked a few UI's that were easy and where to download them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are the forums bros pretty scattered amongst servers and guilds? Looking to do this casually, but can never pass up fresh pixels.