Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some of this, not telling how much, is by design. They stagger people in so you don't have 10 picks of newbie zones and then 1 static city (because some cities don't spawn picks very easily or at all, IIRC) which would fuck everything up. Think they try to stagger large groups in so people can level in areas in waves and then slowly move out. That's the entire reason they moved to 3pm EST so early birders get in, then east coasters after work, then across NA.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I'm still undecided between DE Cleric or Troll Shaman to duo with my wife's Magician. Someone sell me on cleric over shaman!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm still undecided between DE Cleric or Troll Shaman to duo with my wife's Magician. Someone sell me on cleric over shaman!

Shamans are good for duoing with melee characters. Magician doesn't need a lot of the support that shaman provides. Cleric on the other hand can keep a tanking pet healed better in classic than a shaman can. Clr/Mag should be able to hold down a lot of different camps as a duo without too much trouble. You'll also never have trouble finding a group.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The TLP experience I'm used too.

1590611793545.png

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Launching 2 servers brought the entire game down, including their forums lmao

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I got my characters made before crashing on load, but I forgot to reallocate points on the SK so he needs to be redone. I'm loving this true launch experience.

Philonius

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Got one character made before the whole thing came crashing down. I guess it gives me some more time to think about what race to make my cleric.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

I'd go cleric. There's some overlap with shaman and the malo line. Plus you'll have resses and stun if the pet loses aggro.

I made it to level 3, but we all lost to the login boss. I was hoping they'd learn their lesson from the previous 20+ TLE servers (if you count EQ2)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'd go cleric. There's some overlap with shaman and the malo line. Plus you'll have resses and stun if the pet loses aggro.

I made it to level 3, but we all lost to the login boss. I was hoping they'd learn their lesson from the previous 20+ TLE servers (if you count EQ2)

That's something else I didn't think of. Stun is HUGE in classic. You'll want to be able to stun mobs that cast CH or Gate. Snare is also very important for runners, and an earth pet covers that, so a cleric covering stuns would mean you don't have to worry about runners OR healers/gates. Shaman wouldn't be able to give you the same insurance.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Huh everything DBG is down. Like I can't even log in to planetside while I wait! Too many connections to their forums as well, etc

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I'm hoping with all the shit show of the past week they will drop some bonus exp days on us?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users