Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Funny note, the queue was created in one day by Jchan who is now the lead producer of EQ. She did it back when Ragefire was having overpopulation issues.
This timing makes sense. Sometimes creating a coherent queue or similar system take 15 minutes to write, an hour to integrate and a few hours to test. Then creating the progress bar to show to players goes through the UI guy but they're backed up because the ice texture doesn't work quite right and they had to learn maya for some reason, so the progress bar gets put on hold and then when they finally find time to design it nobody cares and it goes onto the pile of quality of life items that is longer than an aradune queue.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Philonius

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No, it has some default pre-set for race/class combos. It also sets your stats to the default preset stats from character creation.

I found this out to my detriment. I'm now a cleric with 60 strength. Bronze will be fun.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Should I bother trying to log in?

I've been in the queue for 3 hours and the stated time has gone from 130 to 200 minutes. The queue time always seems an underestimate, so I'd guess you're looking at 4 hours to log in? Doesn't hurt to just queue up, though.

I wish you could /invite people to take your place or some shit, because half the time I get logged in and then just afk waiting for a friend to log in and he's always a hour or two longer wait than me for some reason even if we try to log in around the same time. Then half that time he doesn't get logged in until I'm ready to bail and do something else. And a lot of people seem to just be sitting around afk doing the same. Plus the issues crashing and having to re-enter the queue. Really is a terrible system.

And btw clicking okay and even to log in over and over and clicking okay doesn't seem to boot you. I've sat for hours, clicked log in, clicked okay, and then had it log in a few minutes later. Seems to keep your place based on the first time you try to enter.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The number shown isn't the estimated wait time. That's the average of how long the people getting in waited.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
This timing makes sense. Sometimes creating a coherent queue or similar system take 15 minutes to write, an hour to integrate and a few hours to test. Then creating the progress bar to show to players goes through the UI guy but they're backed up because the ice texture doesn't work quite right and they had to learn maya for some reason, so the progress bar gets put on hold and then when they finally find time to design it nobody cares and it goes onto the pile of quality of life items that is longer than an aradune queue.
Whoa, it's not like people and idiots like me are paying to play here and for bags. Don't ask for so much

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Longest queues I ever saw for a game was Archeage on launch and 32 hours. In an Archeage launch there is a literal land-grab where you had to acquire a house and place it. It was hilarious though, people would come home and see the queue and realize they wouldn't be able to log in for two mornings from now.

Anyway I'm really hoping this shit has died down dramatically by Monday evening.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How's the population on Mangler? Might just play on there and say fuck Aradune (the server)
It's still plenty healthy. There were four general channels last night. My raid guild hasn't seen a decrease in activity on raid night but a number are dabbling in other servers. I generally think it'll be totally fine till at least after OOW.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Put both my characters into the queue within a few seconds of eachother about 4 hours ago. My cleric got in 5+ minutes ago, still waiting on the enchanter.
IgU4Y.gif

Hard to imagine that the queue system would have that kind of asymmetry, but with a queue time that'll take me 4 hours or whatever, rejoining means I may as well just log off.

On the plus side I am getting a LOT done around the house. Just made some new shelves, they're going to really fill some negative space in my living room.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Put both my characters into the queue within a few seconds of eachother about 4 hours ago. My cleric got in 5+ minutes ago, still waiting on the enchanter.
IgU4Y.gif

Hard to imagine that the queue system would have that kind of asymmetry, but with a queue time that'll take me 4 hours or whatever, rejoining means I may as well just log off.

On the plus side I am getting a LOT done around the house. Just made some new shelves, they're going to really fill some negative space in my living room.
Mystery solved. My dad logged in the account to cycle the bazaar mule on another server :D

• 1Worf

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
So far things are pretty chill on Rizlona. Tons of people/boxes but very little drama. I had a ching chong train me in solb once today but that's bout it so far. Hit 42 earlier today and hopefully will finish up tomorrow. I haven't seen any serverwides yet but I'd imagine it's close if it hasn't happened already since I logged this afternoon.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So far things are pretty chill on Rizlona. Tons of people/boxes but very little drama. I had a ching chong train me in solb once today but that's bout it so far. Hit 42 earlier today and hopefully will finish up tomorrow. I haven't seen any serverwides yet but I'd imagine it's close if it hasn't happened already since I logged this afternoon.
You boxing a full 6? Lack of grouping from people is the main reason I don't want to play there. Imagine a solo player or even just one that duos on that server? I feel like you'd never get groups.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Can't get onto the daybreak website to subscribe. Thought this came out a while ago, why is their page still a piece of shit?

• 1Worf

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Had to go to a social event with my wife this evening so I queued up right before we left - got home three hours later, character screen came up at about the 3:30 mark.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Crashes to desktop where client poof is feels bad man. Supposedly LFG window and adv loot window getting full may be culprits?

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
You boxing a full 6? Lack of grouping from people is the main reason I don't want to play there. Imagine a solo player or even just one that duos on that server? I feel like you'd never get groups.

I normally do box six, and likely eventually will here but haven't this go around so far. Me and a buddy have been running around box a couple each. If it helps answer your question at all my guild is sitting at roughly 80 mains not counting boxes and I'd say only 10-12 of those are boxing six. Most folks are only running 2-3. May change later of course but that's where we are at now.