Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Of all the things not classic anymore on these TLP, youd think they would change waking the sleeper.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Sleeper video
The part where they realized they got baited was pretty damn funny
Rampage must be full of idiots and sore losers, Still sour about losing OW content in classic. Nobody in is going to believe you mobilized a force into OW with only the last Warder up Just to "Bait" eqbabies into waking it. It was fully your intentions to wake it.

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
@Atabishi I don't understand what's to be gained from lying here? I never said any of this, in fact I've said quite the opposite directly to you many times. I helped you when you came to me asking for help, I encouraged you to push for fast times, and I congratulated you when TEQB was successful.

Asking me for help:
View attachment 317492View attachment 317491

Thanking me for the help:
View attachment 317490

Refuting the claim I insisted these were impossible:
View attachment 317489

You could do it easily
View attachment 317488

Congratulating you on some misc server first and emphasizing that you've got a shot at beating the classic timer.
View attachment 317487

Congratulating you on beating EoV
View attachment 317486

As for your other claim that TEQB raided with fewer members than Faceless Empire for any "launch" event, that's strictly false and I think easily disproven as well.

Here's an online roster dump the day of Velious launch - Far more level 60's online than Faceless had in 2017 (121).

TEQB guild dump at launch by class+count. According to the online roster dumb 247 of these 252 level 60's were online for Velious launch.
View attachment 317494

We're not competing. I don't have any stake in these servers except that I enjoy seeing guilds push boundaries. TEQB is doing well and I am happy for them, let their times stand on their own merit, don't try to embellish them with lies about your roster sizes or the amount of competition on your server. Certainly don't wholesale make things up and claim that I or anyone else said them.

Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk

Vedette

<Donor>
All sorts of goofed up stuff. VP not being able to charm AJ's like you could on Agnarr+ which could be an advantage/disadvantage. Faster swamp of no hope spawns. I think Kaesora was faster as well? Window of opportunity double rares or double lockouts at the "right" time, etc etc etc. There will always be easier ways to do it in the future than in the past.

They ain't lookin to make EQ MORE challenging after 20 years, that's for sure.

Except they nerfed focus effects, which did make the game harder. MQ ground spawns means you could get it in multiple picks with just one no life guy, or if you were Trucidation - one script. All the people talking about an easier game, how exactly? The focus effect nerf alone should be the end of the conversation.

I've been playing poe, and don't even care. It comes off as one group trying to diminish another's accomplishments.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Except they nerfed focus effects, which did make the game harder. MQ ground spawns means you could get it in multiple picks with just one no life guy, or if you were Trucidation - one script. All the people talking about an easier game, how exactly? The focus effect nerf alone should be the end of the conversation.

I've been playing poe, and don't even care. It comes off as one group trying to diminish another's accomplishments.
Innate melee damage buffs (Innate Darkblade, etc) going into effect during late Agnarr (iirc), caster damage being miscalculated and increased during Manglers era, etc etc etc. Focus effects were good, but these buffs were immense.

I don't know what you think Swamp does now, but it was easier to script BEFORE with one shitlord sitting there with an autoclicker. Now it spawns in multiple places so you'd at least have to warp to get it. Oh, and you can't MQ them anymore, which you could before which helped some, but no "market" means no shitlords doing it. Only competing guilds which Aradune has/had very few if any.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Innate melee damage buffs (Innate Darkblade, etc) going into effect during late Agnarr (iirc), caster damage being miscalculated and increased during Manglers era, etc etc etc. Focus effects were good, but these buffs were immense.

I don't know what you think Swamp does now, but it was easier to script BEFORE with one shitlord sitting there with an autoclicker. Now it spawns in multiple places so you'd at least have to warp to get it. Oh, and you can't MQ them anymore, which you could before which helped some, but no "market" means no shitlords doing it. Only competing guilds which Aradune has/had very few if any.

Ummmmm caster dmg was nurfed not buffed IIRC

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Ummmmm caster dmg was nurfed not buffed IIRC

This is the only caster specific buff I remember, but I didn’t monitor patches too closely after Agnarr.

MoTM mobs were ignoring one wave of rains.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There was a combat log fix that people incorrectly thought was a caster buff. I'm too lazy to find details.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Necros, Shamans, and Druids have more bursty DoTs. Targetted AE spells are hitting unlimited targets, making it possible to do dumb stuff like AE VT trash, a single enchanter mezzing 20+ targets, or a shaman AE slowing those same 20 targets. Paladin LoH has a HoT component basically making the target an unkillable god for about 18s (Luclin).

Priests have access to better heals earlier, Druids/Shamans have basically double the possible HPS output in classic compared to 1st/2nd gen TLPs.

Celestial Healing distillates along with click from bag are probably some of the biggest player power increases for tackling raid content though, pretty much trivializes all AEs through Kunark and does a lot to offset the ones in Velious.

Glyphs starting in PoP make everything a complete joke if your tanks are willing to farm AA outside of raids, Dragon Scales is one of the most imbalanced abilities I've ever seen in an MMO.

Extended Target at level 20 in classic (more QoL for those that don't use 3rd party map tools) also nice for healing and charm pet perma targets.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Imagine “drama” over 20 year old content. My god the autism flows at maximum level in EQ.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
they could just make a pre-awakened DZ and a post awakened DZ...but they don't because "REALISM?" in a tlp? I dunno their reason but it's retarded as fuck.

• 2Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
TLPs will see next to no dedicated development from here on out, there will never be another AoC added unless they cease development on Live. At which point the game will be in maintainence mode anyway and all the devs other than a bugfixer gone. You may not have liked Prathun or all the changes he elected to make, but he at least actually put forth some effort into the game and seemed to care about TLP issues. Ngreth make might 1-2 very small tweaks per year, usually related to fixing a bug that carried over from something added to Live.

They brought on that Ratathor guy around the time Prathun left but I've never seen him post anywhere other than the bug report forum, I imagine he's still getting his feet wet bugbashing before they start easing him into live development but maybe that's going to be his fulltime role (speculation).

Which is all fine, the game works and is 100% playable in it's current form. I just naively hope that TLP 2021 won't be Phinny Clone #6.

• 2Like