Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
They've had patcher downtime for 5 days now. It's playable if you don't mind downloading a shady google doc folder that probably has malware in it.
Yeah it's weird, I had read that people on the forums were having issues but I patched no problem earlier this afternoon.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I logged in before raid, ran char there. Logged. Then told a drop for my alt was rotting, tried to login with other account, couldn't. Then tried main account I was JUST on, couldn't. Was like that for about 25 minutes. Then I could magically get on both again.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
TLPs will see next to no dedicated development from here on out, there will never be another AoC added unless they cease development on Live. At which point the game will be in maintainence mode anyway and all the devs other than a bugfixer gone. You may not have liked Prathun or all the changes he elected to make, but he at least actually put forth some effort into the game and seemed to care about TLP issues. Ngreth make might 1-2 very small tweaks per year, usually related to fixing a bug that carried over from something added to Live.

They brought on that Ratathor guy around the time Prathun left but I've never seen him post anywhere other than the bug report forum, I imagine he's still getting his feet wet bugbashing before they start easing him into live development but maybe that's going to be his fulltime role (speculation).

Which is all fine, the game works and is 100% playable in it's current form. I just naively hope that TLP 2021 won't be Phinny Clone #6.

Does Live really make that much more money than TLPs?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I believe they said it was about equal in the ama. I think the current devs don't like TLP, though. It's just old crap to them. It's lame, though, since even 20% time could make a difference.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Basically live makes money from expansions and the cash shop. TLP make money from subs and krono sales.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rampage must be full of idiots and sore losers, Still sour about losing OW content in classic. Nobody in is going to believe you mobilized a force into OW with only the last Warder up Just to "Bait" eqbabies into waking it. It was fully your intentions to wake it.

On phinny the sleeper awakening was done with a mage box specifically keyed purely in order to have the serverwide message go to a character with a troll name. You really think a guild wouldn't bait another guild into waking the sleeper for the "haha you played yourself" lulz? Really?

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Necros, Shamans, and Druids have more bursty DoTs. Targetted AE spells are hitting unlimited targets, making it possible to do dumb stuff like AE VT trash, a single enchanter mezzing 20+ targets, or a shaman AE slowing those same 20 targets. Paladin LoH has a HoT component basically making the target an unkillable god for about 18s (Luclin).

Priests have access to better heals earlier, Druids/Shamans have basically double the possible HPS output in classic compared to 1st/2nd gen TLPs.

Celestial Healing distillates along with click from bag are probably some of the biggest player power increases for tackling raid content though, pretty much trivializes all AEs through Kunark and does a lot to offset the ones in Velious.

Glyphs starting in PoP make everything a complete joke if your tanks are willing to farm AA outside of raids, Dragon Scales is one of the most imbalanced abilities I've ever seen in an MMO.

Extended Target at level 20 in classic (more QoL for those that don't use 3rd party map tools) also nice for healing and charm pet perma targets.
As someone who hasn’t played on live/TLP in 5-10 years this makes all these threads even funnier. People are basically getting all up in arms over being world first in what sounds essentially like LFR tier WoW raids LMAO

Zaide

TLP Idealist
As someone who hasn’t played on live/TLP in 5-10 years this makes all these threads even funnier. People are basically getting all up in arms over being world first in what sounds essentially like LFR tier WoW raids LMAO
If it’s been that long since you played on a TLP then you should consider that they also changed classic/Kunark mobs to have 120khp instead of 32k, they doubled their melee damage, spell and AE damage, they made them mitigate a raw 40% of all incoming damage (separately from their additional AC mitigation), they also made being within a massive radius of these mobs give all players a 40 point resist reduction.

Pet aggro on them is now transferred to the owner of the pet, so pets cannot tank and pet owners need to manage aggro. Likewise having over 10 pets will cause a debuff to hit all pets making them far less effective, the debuff power increases as more pets are added.

These buffs are applied on all content classic-PoP but after Kunark they begin to have diminished effectiveness to balance the natural increase in mob difficulty

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it’s been that long since you played on a TLP then you should consider that they also changed classic/Kunark mobs to have 120khp instead of 32k, they doubled their melee damage, spell and AE damage, they made them mitigate a raw 40% of all incoming damage (separately from their additional AC mitigation), they also made being within a massive radius of these mobs give all players a 40 point resist reduction.

Pet aggro on them is now transferred to the owner of the pet, so pets cannot tank and pet owners need to manage aggro. Likewise having over 10 pets will cause a debuff to hit all pets making them far less effective, the debuff power increases as more pets are added.

These buffs are applied on all content classic-PoP but after Kunark they begin to have diminished effectiveness to balance the natural increase in mob difficulty

Oof!

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

I will admit I stand corrected by big Zaide and the thread returns to its baseline level of funniness.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Yeah there's been significant power creeps on top of MOTM though. Nagafen, in-era, had 32,000 HP and a decent sized regen. This is due to NPC HP being int16 (32767, because it has to go negative for the purple club) and it wasn't until Velious that hp changed to int32 (to grant even bigger values). There's int64 hp on EQLive as of 2010-ish (think around 2012 or later) however I don't think the client reflects that value.

AC formulas work differently on TLP compared to the actual era. EverQuest Melee Combat Routines Analyzed and Modeled - EQEmulator Forums

For a full list of mechanics that did change, you can reference TAKP's documentation on the differences between TLP&Live/P99/EQEmu and the TAKP server. TAKP is as close as you're gonna get to actual era-accurate mechanics, which is circa 2002.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
There was a combat log fix that people incorrectly thought was a caster buff. I'm too lazy to find details.
Nah after Selo launch there was a massive buff to Caster DPS against MoTM targets. The rundown is this

Since MoTM was created it was double dipping vs spell Damage, but it was reporting incorrectly as if it was only being reduced once. For example vs classic MoTM a 1000 damage nuke was 1000-40%=600, then that 600 was getting hit again 600-40%= 360dmg. So that 1000 dmg nuke was doing 360 when it should've been doing 600, but it was reporting in game as doing 600.

First patch after Selo launched they changed the way damage reported. When they made this change the damage started reporting correctly, that 1000 damage nuke was showing as doing 360 instead of 600. I noticed this and figured out what was happening on our first Seru raid after the patch. A member of our guild Beimeith(guy who runs gamparse nowdays) got in contact with the devs and they let us know about how it had always been working this way and originally it was reporting incorrectly.

The next patch they made it so nukes/dots would only be reduced once by MoTM.

TL;DR version Casters are doing 24% more spell damage against Classic and Kunark MoTM, 21% vs Velious MoTM, 16% vs Luclin and 9% more vs PoP MoTM.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even with EB weapons surely the casters must be struggling with dropping hate if they're putting out such high numbers.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tanks also have clicky things that work and gain them aggro without hitting - Jboots spam used to work, but they nerfed it. Amulet of Necropotence is the thing now - spam it near a mob and it generates hate/aggro. Do it for 30 seconds on a macro and you can keep threat as a MT vs almost anything.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone have an accurate weapon dps sheet that actually makes sense? This one I found for monks is telling me I should use Stave of Shielding over my Epic Fist in MH...

Just got the 14/18 fist wraps and really want to know if THOSE are an upgrade over the epic. These damage bonus calcs make no sense to me.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone have an accurate weapon dps sheet that actually makes sense? This one I found for monks is telling me I should use Stave of Shielding over my Epic Fist in MH...

Just got the 14/18 fist wraps and really want to know if THOSE are an upgrade over the epic. These damage bonus calcs make no sense to me.

I'm no expert and don't know what spreadsheet you looked at, but you have to realize that epic mainhand doesn't get a damage bonus, and that's a big DPS decrease against MOTM mobs in particular. So, it's complicated.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm no expert and don't know what spreadsheet you looked at, but you have to realize that epic mainhand doesn't get a damage bonus, and that's a big DPS decrease against MOTM mobs in particular. So, it's complicated.
Yup that's exactly why I'm asking. The sheet is using the typical ((weapon dmg * 2) + dmg bonus) / delay that people seem to think is accurate... But that comes out with SoS being better than the 23/26 epic with no bonus. Makes no sense. And you can tell it's inaccurate after a boss or two .