Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Xevy

Log Wizard
If I recall the sky quested monk fist was one of the best weapons possible due to it's function with MoTM and bonuse damage. Not Whitened Treant Fists, but the actual quested one. That and your epic and you're good to go until Garn's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
If I recall the sky quested monk fist was one of the best weapons possible due to it's function with MoTM and bonuse damage. Not Whitened Treant Fists, but the actual quested one. That and your epic and you're good to go until Garn's.
Since kunark started I've been doing bosses with and without Wu's fist on MotM bosses, sometimes i do better with bare hand sometimes with Wu's. I think the difference if there is any is so negligible it doesnt matter.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If that is the case, I would think a 14/18 weapon should do better than both.

You can always /testcopy and go to the Arena on Test and use test dummies for some long parses... but last time I tried I wasn't able to change the offensive/defensive values, just stuff like level and MOTM off/on.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Normal Damage is checked vs the mobs AC. Damage bonus is just a flat damage per hit. It's not as simple as is one better then the other. It will change depending on the amount of ATK you have from gear/buffs and the amounts AC the mob your hitting has.

But all the SoV raid weapons are gonna be outperforming the epic MH.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So our guild did its first vel raids over the weekend. We pretty much rolled everything save AoW whom we wiped at 2% after 30 minutes with 55.

Not much of our guild, including leadership has much tlp raid experience. So i was wondering how most guilds keep tanks alive and switch aggro on him?

I know we didnt have any melee dmg debuffs beside cripple on him so that likely made it harder. But DI was going off constantly and we had a number of tanks die on a 1.5 sec rot. So i wonder if there is not something else we could do. Aside from AoN is there any other ways to quickly build threat?

Also, is there someway to not have clerics get hit by Vyemm knockback? Its been 18 years but i dont recall flying all over during that fight as a healer.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So our guild did its first vel raids over the weekend. We pretty much rolled everything save AoW whom we wiped at 2% after 30 minutes with 55.

Not much of our guild, including leadership has much tlp raid experience. So i was wondering how most guilds keep tanks alive and switch aggro on him?

I know we didnt have any melee dmg debuffs beside cripple on him so that likely made it harder. But DI was going off constantly and we had a number of tanks die on a 1.5 sec rot. So i wonder if there is not something else we could do. Aside from AoN is there any other ways to quickly build threat?

Also, is there someway to not have clerics get hit by Vyemm knockback? Its been 18 years but i dont recall flying all over during that fight as a healer.
You can kite AoW around with an SK building tons of aggro and then have the MT taunt it off the SK thereby inheriting that hate the SK generated.

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
For AoW, go with 1 second rotation and only use tanks with defensive up. AoN to build threat and tank switched with taunt/furious to get it to the next tank. Have other classes patch heal. You can also kite him around the arena before you engage to help build and a high amount of threat to start with.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Yeah, shaman and druid should be patching. You need to get the druid debuff on him as well, if you can (I know it's fire based but I thought you could still land it after you get tash and malo and collusion).

• 1Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haven't played velious in 20 years, liking it so far. The raids are cool, can tell tons of artists put in work on the environments and mobs. Loving the loot, theres like 20+ raid mobs to kill each week drop 3 or more items each means pretty much everyone has a good shot at a nice upgrade.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think we only have like one AoN on a war. Is there any other rapid hate building item to use instead? Does bladestopper work? I know rune generates big hate. Biggest issue aside from keeping tank alive was switching aggro on tanks death and to lesser degree switches when defensive ends.

We used 1.5 heal rot. Probably need faster.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think we only have like one AoN on a war. Is there any other rapid hate building item to use instead? Does bladestopper work? I know rune generates big hate. Biggest issue aside from keeping tank alive was switching aggro on tanks death and to lesser degree switches when defensive ends.

Shield of the Immaculate also works.

B_Mizzle

As someone who hasn’t played on live/TLP in 5-10 years this makes all these threads even funnier. People are basically getting all up in arms over being world first in what sounds essentially like LFR tier WoW raids LMAO

Yeah the raid difficulty is really not there, do you have 10 clerics who can click complete heal every 10 seconds, a bunch of necros to keep them full on mana, then you can kill AOW. We did it one shot with essentially kunark gear.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are golems in fear bugged? In our last DZ, we got 5 items from each golem. One dropped 2 Crimson Robes + stuff, other dropped 2 AoN + stuff. CT dropped 3 items.

Or is 5 items normal now? I honestly don't remember this many from a golem though.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
We were getting five as well - had forgotten how much better loot is in 2.0.

Vise

Molten Core Raider

Honestly the sk kiting it around like zaide said should be enough agro for a warrior to hold it the whole time asuming that agro does not get lost due to deaths, Just put a bard with a sk and kite it for 10 mins building agro.

Also for AoW it is best to make sure warriors are using a shield.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Yeah, with enough kite aggro, no reason not to use a shield. Make sure your SK doesn't FD before the warrior has transferred the threat, though :p

Additionally, you can get all the needed debuffs on before bringing in to camp (after it's been kited for a few).

yerm

Pretty sure not only do the wars use a shield, they don't even turn auto attack on.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
When Idol does and SK bard duo build agro while the rest of the raid Meds
AoW gets a lot easier when your warriors get Velious Armor, highly suggest you guys help your warriors get Kael armor.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don't recall the warrior amount you need, but I believe it's 4-6. We usually had an SK kite for a bit, couple clings and bring it. This was the hard part. Without AE taunt you gotta hit your taunt so basically we'd have the SK run through the warrior who hits taunt. It works? Game on. It doesn't, keep kiting until taunt is back up. Having your warrior fail taunt and the SK stopping and get gibbed is very hurtful for getting an aggro line established.

For transitions don't want until defensive is down obviously, but do it with like ~30 seconds left as the omega lvl of AoW seems to be screwy for skill checks and we've had up to 9 taunts in a row fail. Shaman and druid as said above should be patch healing and ONLY patch healing. Let the melee whittle it down. Hopefully you have half a dozen or more monks just doing faceroll dps. Shaman/druid dots don't land especially well and without focuses cost way too much mana to be worth it.

Charm pets (dire wolves) can be really, really helpful but there is two problems. One, charm WILL break several times and the aggro on break doesn't always go to the enchanter and those wolves can basically gib your CH rotation if they run to the clerics which they usually do. Two, MOTM is on so your enchanters are getting omega aggro from these pets putting out 3x the dps of any player. They need to make sure they're using any threat reduction spells they have (I don't remember what they have in era) near constantly. They don't need their shitty 100 a tick dots or anything. Just keep runes up and pet management.

It all really comes down to your tanks though. The first week or two for AoW is arguably the hardest. Warriors are running around with what, like 5.5-6khp? At the end of velious our top tanks were nearing 8k fully buffed with an additional 100+ stat ac. God Savior Atabashix's own guild on Mangler couldn't do AoW for almost a month because they were splitting it and didn't have the right stuff, but they cleared Vulaek night one. AoW is THE boss of Velious. Vulaek is long, but not hard. The Warders are annoying, but mostly because you don't have 40+ people doing it until you're a month+ in. Just make sure your warriors are at LEAST grinding Thurg gear with plate cycle. After a week or two it'd be unacceptable not to have every piece of cobalt replaced.

• 1Like