Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am not on Aradune as you could tell pretty early on it was going to be a garbage low pop server. It has the 2nd lowest population of the TLPs since phini at this point in the expansion releases only slightly higher than Coirnav.

This made me curious so I took a look: according to the various progress pages, Phinny had 19 guilds kill Vulak in era, Coirnav had 13 guilds , Mangler had 12, and Aradune has 18. Hard to know what that means and guessing at population always seems hard. Of those I only did Phinny and Aradune in Velious and the population of EC tunnel seems much lower but hard to tell. Maybe only the reasonably serious stuck around on Aradune given server issues? Plus everything is headed towards easier/more knowledge so those that are around are more likely to raid.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Whats funny about those numbers is that I know for a fact a few guilds wouldn't have killed vulak if it weren't for vyemm being skippable on most of those servers. On phinny you just killed vyemm guards and came back the next time with no vyemm. At least 2 or 3 guilds killed vulak on phinny but didn't/couldn't kill lord vyemm.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This made me curious so I took a look: according to the various progress pages, Phinny had 19 guilds kill Vulak in era, Coirnav had 13 guilds , Mangler had 12, and Aradune has 18. Hard to know what that means and guessing at population always seems hard. Of those I only did Phinny and Aradune in Velious and the population of EC tunnel seems much lower but hard to tell. Maybe only the reasonably serious stuck around on Aradune given server issues? Plus everything is headed towards easier/more knowledge so those that are around are more likely to raid.

Agnarr also had 21 active raid guilds during Velious, of which 19? cleared ToV.

To L Los_Necros point, Lord Vyemm did not spawn in DZs on Agnarr, the only way to kill him was in OW so I believe only one guild ever killed him there.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Guild numbers really dont matter. Server1 could have 10 guilds with 72 members each who cleared all content and server2 could have 4 guilds with 300 members each giving the false impression that server1 has more population.

The only somewhat accurate way is to count people in general channels average over of time. Some people do leave general channels, but that number is constant per server so the comparison number remains valid. I use comparison by era, even though the months these eras fall into vary and can make a difference in the outcome of the numbers.

The rankings are most populated to least populated

1. Phinigal
  2. Mangler
  3. Agnarr
  4. Selo
  5. Aradune
  6. Coirnav

Sterling

El Presidente
the thing with vyemm too is that some guilds skipped it that could kill it to split more. if you could do 2 full clears or 3 clears without vyemm, option 2 might be better.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It blows my mind any guild could actually fail to kill any velious raid mobs in era on a tlp server.

The mobs are just not very hard nowadays and once you get a lil vel raid gear basically all are trivial to even the most . Even if you cut dps in 1/2th again on top of everything it would still be not much of a challenge. Clerics just have too much mana + pants to make AE dmg trivial. Tanks just tank far to well.

My guild is fairly casual and has very little tlp experience. Yet, artifcial self-set time limits on our raids was the only thing stopping us from clearing all of velious on first weekend.

The only wipes we have ever had was Vyemm on an accidental pull day 1 of vel, and AoW Day 2 where we got him to 2% and only lost because our raid leader did not understand the 1hour timer did not cause him to despawn during combat. So we had no charm pets, and missing a large number of buffs ect. We killed them both easily next attempt. We are not anything like some hot, competent, raiding guild and the whole xpac is basically sleep walk tier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
It blows my mind any guild could actually fail to kill any velious raid mobs in era on a tlp server.

The mobs are just not very hard nowadays and once you get a lil vel raid gear basically all are trivial to even the most . Even if you cut dps in 1/2th again on top of everything it would still be not much of a challenge. Clerics just have too much mana + pants to make AE dmg trivial. Tanks just tank far to well.

My guild is fairly casual and has very little tlp experience. Yet, artifcial self-set time limits on our raids was the only thing stopping us from clearing all of velious on first weekend.

The only wipes we have ever had was Vyemm on an accidental pull day 1 of vel, and AoW Day 2 where we got him to 2% and only lost because our raid leader did not understand the 1hour timer did not cause him to despawn during combat. So we had no charm pets, and missing a large number of buffs ect. We killed them both easily next attempt. We are not anything like some hot, competent, raiding guild and the whole xpac is basically sleep walk tier.
when i was talking about doing 3 splits instead of 2, it's so you can do it with like 25-30 characters or whatever and knowing you don't have enough healers or whatever to do a particular encounter but can easily do the rest. obviously anyone throwing 60 bodies at a velious TLP mob and wiping deserves mocking ridicule.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
There's a huge diff in 40 toons and 60 toons when you're talking mob death time. Phinny had some pretty scub family friendly guilds who just didn't have the skills or numbers. If you have either 1, yeah it's easy. But when you're relying on every cleric being decent, you're in for a treat when you learn multiple of your family guilds clerics are just people who don't care enough to make that extra little effort. And on something like vyemm... You can't afford to have 5 or 10 bad people if you're only fielding 40 or 45.

I agree with 60+ it shouldn't matter so much. But things are quite different with casuals and 15+ less dps.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
We had clerics who couldn't even handle an aow heal rotation. Another time a cleric had clarity dispelled during a doze fight so I reminded them in message and they said yeah but they're too busy to ask for another clarity.

Between their 10 second cheal and 12 second pant click, this cleric actually was too overwhelmed to ask for a new clarity betwern either spell.

How do you think either of those clerics contribute on a vyemm right lol.

• 1Like

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
Guild numbers really dont matter. Server1 could have 10 guilds with 72 members each who cleared all content and server2 could have 4 guilds with 300 members each giving the false impression that server1 has more population.

The only somewhat accurate way is to count people in general channels average over of time. Some people do leave general channels, but that number is constant per server so the comparison number remains valid. I use comparison by era, even though the months these eras fall into vary and can make a difference in the outcome of the numbers.

1. Phinigal
  2. Mangler
  3. Agnarr
  4. Selo
  5. Aradune
  6. Coirnav
This is neat. Have you actually done this consistently the past several years? How could Selo and Aradune be on the same list given they've never been in the same era? Did Selo + Mangler beat Phinigel? Is there a reason Mangler had so few guilds clear ToV relative to population?

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

1. Phinigal
  2. Mangler
  3. Agnarr
  4. Selo
  5. Aradune
  6. Coirnav
People swear general channels is a terrible way to count pop, i believe it is a good way to measure it. Another way is amount of people in tunnel and the auction channel. On previous servers there were times when auction would be to full to join. That has not happened once on aradune. Also there is probably multiple reasons why but aradune has been by far the hardest server to get random items in auction channels. Sure you always see the high krono farm items but the random items are much more difficult to come by imo.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We had clerics who couldn't even handle an aow heal rotation. Another time a cleric had clarity dispelled during a doze fight so I reminded them in message and they said yeah but they're too busy to ask for another clarity.

Between their 10 second cheal and 12 second pant click, this cleric actually was too overwhelmed to ask for a new clarity betwern either spell.

How do you think either of those clerics contribute on a vyemm right lol.

Don’t be reminding them. Hard to watch Deep Space nine and the tell window.

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
I liked on raids as a Shaman when I wasn't needed healing I'd go around and check for who needed rebuffs and I'd get to like 3 people who consistently had like 2-3 buffs on total. And usually they weren't even their own buffs.

I didn't complain. I'd rather a druid be running around with fucking Virtue and SoW rather than casting Dex on a fucking monk that pulls aggro (?????) and dies every 25 minutes.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I liked on raids as a Shaman when I wasn't needed healing I'd go around and check for who needed rebuffs and I'd get to like 3 people who consistently had like 2-3 buffs on total. And usually they weren't even their own buffs.

I didn't complain. I'd rather a druid be running around with fucking Virtue and SoW rather than casting Dex on a fucking monk that pulls aggro (?????) and dies every 25 minutes.
Nah, just be the yolo slower spamming it and end up dead and afk on boss pulls

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Nah, just be the yolo slower spamming it and end up dead and afk on boss pulls
That's our beastlord's job! Or the enchanter's that Tash and Slow immediately before a tank has even sniffed its hair and then get pummeled. "TANKZ WUT R U DOIN????!?1111???"

• 1Worf

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
That's our beastlord's job! Or the enchanter's that Tash and Slow immediately before a tank has even sniffed its hair and then get pummeled. "TANKZ WUT R U DOIN????!?1111???"
They didn't spam rune on pull too?

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is neat. Have you actually done this consistently the past several years? How could Selo and Aradune be on the same list given they've never been in the same era? Did Selo + Mangler beat Phinigel? Is there a reason Mangler had so few guilds clear ToV relative to population?
I'm not sure I believe that velious guild count. I don't know where they're getting that from because it's not on the progress site. 15-16 guilds killed quarm in era. It really doesn't make sense that they would gain four solid guilds in two expansions time. I'm pretty sure there weren't any six splitting guilds in velious, either.