Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is neat. Have you actually done this consistently the past several years? How could Selo and Aradune be on the same list given they've never been in the same era? Did Selo + Mangler beat Phinigel? Is there a reason Mangler had so few guilds clear ToV relative to population?

I have numbers for every expansion since Phini up to GOD on each server or like the new ones velious. I grouped Selo which started in luclin as being classic/kunark/velious combo. Its not perfect of course as selo was the exception server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I have numbers for every expansion since Phini up to GOD on each server or like the new ones velious. I grouped Selo which started in luclin as being classic/kunark/velious combo. Its not perfect of course as selo was the exception server.
And here i thought a 54-boxer was a pathetic autist...

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
What about the guy with 36-48 bots in Sirens Grotto? You should ask Elderan what he thinks about that guy.

I'd be willing to bet he doesn't have anything negative to say about him... ;)
I have no idea as I dont play on Aradune. I am still on Mangler though I plan to switch to the next TLP if the ruleset is good.
Who is worse the guys killing Tormax on Christmas probably for 30-50kr ($330 to $550) or the guy training them on Christmas who will get nothing either way.

Anything else you want to share with the class? Why are you concerned with telling us if you know Tubbins and how many toons you're boxing? Does Tubbins scare you that much?

For someone with as much server knowledge as you do, it sure is strange that you do not have an opinion about what goes on in Sirens Grotto. We know your stance on 54 boxing open world KT, in era, on christmas morning at least!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anything else you want to share with the class? Why are you concerned with telling us if you know Tubbins and how many toons you're boxing? Does Tubbins scare you that much?

For someone with as much server knowledge as you do, it sure is strange that you do not have an opinion about what goes on in Sirens Grotto. We know your stance on 54 boxing open world KT, in era, on christmas morning at least!

Los Necros going to crack this fuckin case and free Whidon Whidon

Peter Falk Detective GIF by PeacockTV

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

I learned a long time ago to not worry about what others are doing and focus on yourself. It will make your life a lot better.

• 2Like

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Guild numbers really dont matter. Server1 could have 10 guilds with 72 members each who cleared all content and server2 could have 4 guilds with 300 members each giving the false impression that server1 has more population.

The only somewhat accurate way is to count people in general channels average over of time. Some people do leave general channels, but that number is constant per server so the comparison number remains valid. I use comparison by era, even though the months these eras fall into vary and can make a difference in the outcome of the numbers.

The rankings are most populated to least populated

1. Phinigal
  2. Mangler
  3. Agnarr
  4. Selo
  5. Aradune
  6. Coirnav
You're fucking high if you think Selo had a higher population than Aradune.

• 1Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whats up with this bubbins guy warping 70 plus dudes on top of ow raid mobs on Aradune? How does he get away with this shit?

I logged on early xmas morning and Tormax spawned a few minutes later, like 6.30am est. So i told the few others there waiting for him and started watching the throne room. Nothing much interesting until i saw a guy named "Bubbins" appear about 30 feet behind tmax. 2 minutes later about 70 plus mostly unguilded or in some guild named Depravada or something like that magically appear in back of TR all almost instantly.

He tried to kill Tmax about 10 mins later. But people trying to get to him for faction hit trained 5-6 lvl 50 giants on them. Amusingly this wiped his entire force. As i guess he could not get to individual toons to control them. I logged a few mins later after the guy started making some threats about getting us banned for training him. But i guess he tried again and the same thing happened, so he gave up i guess as it was probably attracting alot of attention by this point.

It just blows my mind people can so blatantly publicly multi box an army and just publicly warp them on top of a OW raid target. Not only that but everything i've heard is we are infinitely more likely to actually get suspended for training then he is. This just makes it even more absurd to me as the way they do things is what causes them to be vulnerable to trains in the first place.

I guess dbg just dgaf.

Yeah someone figured something out, I don't spend too much time logged in but people were auctioning off ToV stuff last night in general chat, including some vulak loot. I assume that was a bot army. Did the GM service contract end?

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Sounds to me like his formula for figuring out population is flawed. So if all 400 people on selos joined the general chats to talk trash to each other and gloat. I guess that would make it more popular than 1000+ people on aradune since less people are active in the channels.

On previous servers you also had the idiot botters stay in chat channels forever. I think they might actually not do that anymore. You could join general6 on previous servers and it was just 20 botters who haven't logged off those toons in a week lol.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Yeah someone figured something out, I don't spend too much time logged in but people were auctioning off ToV stuff last night in general chat, including some vulak loot. I assume that was a bot army. Did the GM service contract end?
I'm sure it was a legit guild bro. The ol kill vyemm and warp your guild to lady nev after. Look at the time between vyemm auction and jorlleag. 25 minutes. I would believe tebaby clearing from vyemm to a dead jorlleag... But obviously he isn't clearing much trash lol. And we know he isn't using any pearls.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This made me curious so I took a look: according to the various progress pages, Phinny had 19 guilds kill Vulak in era, Coirnav had 13 guilds , Mangler had 12, and Aradune has 18. Hard to know what that means and guessing at population always seems hard. Of those I only did Phinny and Aradune in Velious and the population of EC tunnel seems much lower but hard to tell. Maybe only the reasonably serious stuck around on Aradune given server issues? Plus everything is headed towards easier/more knowledge so those that are around are more likely to raid.

I noticed EC tunnel dropped sharply as well. But we still get 60-80 logging in for raids. That seems to be what most of my guild does, people log in for raids, not much else to do besides that to be honest, unless you want to level your alt.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guild numbers really dont matter. Server1 could have 10 guilds with 72 members each who cleared all content and server2 could have 4 guilds with 300 members each giving the false impression that server1 has more population.

The only somewhat accurate way is to count people in general channels average over of time. Some people do leave general channels, but that number is constant per server so the comparison number remains valid. I use comparison by era, even though the months these eras fall into vary and can make a difference in the outcome of the numbers.

The rankings are most populated to least populated

1. Phinigal
  2. Mangler
  3. Agnarr
  4. Selo
  5. Aradune
  6. Coirnav
The fact that you are basing everything off general channel without taking anything else in to consideration just proves you either have a very low IQ or are purposefully trolling. The fact that you even put Selos at #4 is enough to where no one should take you seriously.
Let me rewrite your list for you
1. Aradune
2. Mangler
3. Phinny
4. Agnarr
5. Coirnav
6. Selos

Out of these servers, Phinny is the only one that had a different trend than the others. If you based the list off starting population, phinny would be 5th. What makes phinny different than the other TLP's is it actually gained population as it went on until about PoP era instead of losing population. In Velious there was only 1 guild on the server that had over or close to 100 members. OGC was the second biggest guild on phinny and only had about 80 members at its peak in velious. By PoP era though, there were 3 guilds on phinny that had over 100. Phinny progress was also ran differently than other TLP's, where every guild was put on there based on serverwides. Mangler/Aradune is voluntary. There are more than a handful more guilds on Aradune that have killed Vulak than what is on the progression site, and the same went for Mangler throughout the expansions. Mangler in classic and kunark had a lot of guilds with over 100 members, there were 2 guilds in classic on mangler that had over 200. Aradune currently has many guilds with over 100 members or close to it. Aradune in classic had 5 guilds with between 150-250 members while still having the highest number of guilds ever to fully clear the expansion.

But lets not talk about things you are just going to try and debate, but look what we can prove.
1. Server/zone Load Variance. Server/zone load variance is one of the mechanisms that causes mobs to not spawn exactly on time as they should. According to Ngreth, server/zone load variance has always been on the TLP's but it wasn't until mangler where the population was high enough to actually make it noticeable. If you want to confirm this yourself, PM ngreth. This one kinda doubles in use for the other idiots that post on here about comparing server exp rates on launch. For example, Agnarr-Mangler-Aradune all have the same set exp rate, however due to server/zone load variance causing mobs to take much longer to respawn (it was seen upwards of 45 minute respawns in lguk on aradune and 30+ minute respawns on mangler on launch) it would require mangler/aradune to have a 25%+ higher exp rate just to be equal to Agnarr on launch.

2. Auto kick. Auto kick is based on server population. The amount of time it takes it to boot you is based on the population online at the time (hence why its pretty quick during prime time, and takes 30-45 minutes during am hours), and it still being active is based on the amount of players vs the sever cap. If they can allow a high % of the player base to permanently stay online without it reaching the server cap and causing a queue, then they take off. All tlp's except for aradune has had auto kick taken off during classic. Aradune still has it.

The TLP community has drastically increased in size every year and every new TLP which is a good thing and what everyone should want.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fact that you are basing everything off general channel without taking anything else in to consideration just proves you either have a very low IQ or are purposefully trolling. The fact that you even put Selos at #4 is enough to where no one should take you seriously.
Let me rewrite your list for you
1. Aradune
2. Mangler
3. Phinny
4. Agnarr
5. Coirnav
6. Selos

Out of these servers, Phinny is the only one that had a different trend than the others. If you based the list off starting population, phinny would be 5th. What makes phinny different than the other TLP's is it actually gained population as it went on until about PoP era instead of losing population. In Velious there was only 1 guild on the server that had over or close to 100 members. OGC was the second biggest guild on phinny and only had about 80 members at its peak in velious. By PoP era though, there were 3 guilds on phinny that had over 100. Phinny progress was also ran differently than other TLP's, where every guild was put on there based on serverwides. Mangler/Aradune is voluntary. There are more than a handful more guilds on Aradune that have killed Vulak than what is on the progression site, and the same went for Mangler throughout the expansions. Mangler in classic and kunark had a lot of guilds with over 100 members, there were 2 guilds in classic on mangler that had over 200. Aradune currently has many guilds with over 100 members or close to it. Aradune in classic had 5 guilds with between 150-250 members while still having the highest number of guilds ever to fully clear the expansion.

But lets not talk about things you are just going to try and debate, but look what we can prove.
1. Server/zone Load Variance. Server/zone load variance is one of the mechanisms that causes mobs to not spawn exactly on time as they should. According to Ngreth, server/zone load variance has always been on the TLP's but it wasn't until mangler where the population was high enough to actually make it noticeable. If you want to confirm this yourself, PM ngreth. This one kinda doubles in use for the other idiots that post on here about comparing server exp rates on launch. For example, Agnarr-Mangler-Aradune all have the same set exp rate, however due to server/zone load variance causing mobs to take much longer to respawn (it was seen upwards of 45 minute respawns in lguk on aradune and 30+ minute respawns on mangler on launch) it would require mangler/aradune to have a 25%+ higher exp rate just to be equal to Agnarr on launch.

2. Auto kick. Auto kick is based on server population. The amount of time it takes it to boot you is based on the population online at the time (hence why its pretty quick during prime time, and takes 30-45 minutes during am hours), and it still being active is based on the amount of players vs the sever cap. If they can allow a high % of the player base to permanently stay online without it reaching the server cap and causing a queue, then they take off. All tlp's except for aradune has had auto kick taken off during classic. Aradune still has it.

The TLP community has drastically increased in size every year and every new TLP which is a good thing and what everyone should want.

The only one thats even remotely arguable is Selos ranking. Because of the timeframe in months live vs the expansion releases.

Maybe Aradune had more population day 1 trying to get in, thats possible but impossible to prove as they were not able to get in and general channels did not reflect it. Aradune had massive stability issues the first month, it was not just due to overcrowding but changes they made in their code/db setup a few months prior. They changed Aradune to max out at 3k players before the queue kicked in at the time. Mangler/Agnarr for example did not queue until 5k players were in game.

As for the AFK kick timer it should be turned off until Pop release day I agree. Aradune has come no where close to its 3k queue limit since day one kunark. The server started lagging hard and they put the AFK kick back in the next day and it has remained since.

Aradune has actually been slightly growing in population since velious release. I suspect Mangler players are finally slowly moving to Aradune as Manglers pop started to decrease right around the same time. IMO if they release a new server in March Aradunes population will crash very hard as those new Mangler players will just move to the new server. Of course depending on the ruleset.

Aradune has just not been very popular, it could have been though. The stability issues with the ruleset made most Mangler players just stay on Mangler for a lot longer than normal. Mangler had a higher population per night than Aradune until 1 month into Anguish.

I dont know why but you seem to take it very personal that Aradune just is not as popular as you think it is. I am sorry for your feelings :(

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only one thats even remotely arguable is Selos ranking. Because of the timeframe in months live vs the expansion releases.

Maybe Aradune had more population day 1 trying to get in, thats possible but impossible to prove as they were not able to get in and general channels did not reflect it. Aradune had massive stability issues the first month, it was not just due to overcrowding but changes they made in their code/db setup a few months prior. They changed Aradune to max out at 3k players before the queue kicked in at the time. Mangler/Agnarr for example did not queue until 5k players were in game.

As for the AFK kick timer it should be turned off until Pop release day I agree. Aradune has come no where close to its 3k queue limit since day one kunark.

Aradune had over a 5k server cap according to dev posts on the matter, and there was a queue for a month and half. Any other false things you want to say? LOL

Explain to me why Aradune still has auto kick in velious, which is based on server population, and all other TLP's had auto kick removed in classic.

I don't take it personally, i just think you're straight retarded and you're the same person who is just straight retarded on every forum/discord. History of retardation.

Edit: Also I'd like to add, has any other server on kunark launch had a zone crash and stay down for hours due to over 900 people being there? Has any TLP ever had over 900 people in one zone at the same time? lol.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aradune had over a 5k server cap according to dev posts on the matter, and there was a queue for a month and half. Any other false things you want to say? LOL

Explain to me why Aradune still has auto kick in velious, which is based on server population, and all other TLP's had auto kick removed in classic.

I don't take it personally, i just think you're straight retarded and you're the same person who is just straight retarded on every forum/discord. History of retardation.

Edit: Also I'd like to add, has any other server on kunark launch had a zone crash and stay down for hours due to over 900 people being there? Has any TLP ever had over 900 people in one zone at the same time? lol.

Its a free country you have the right to your opinion even when you are wrong in this case.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All I know is that on Phinny and Mangler there was a ton more people leveling than there is on Aradune. Ill sit LFG all day and not find one group. EC tunnel is also very dead compared to other servers.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like