Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All I know is that on Phinny and Mangler there was a ton more people leveling than there is on Aradune. Ill sit LFG all day and not find one group. EC tunnel is also very dead compared to other servers.
Yeah phinny definitely felt much more alive. Also the exp was much harder too.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Aradune had over a 5k server cap according to dev posts on the matter, and there was a queue for a month and half. Any other false things you want to say? LOL

Explain to me why Aradune still has auto kick in velious, which is based on server population, and all other TLP's had auto kick removed in classic.

I don't take it personally, i just think you're straight retarded and you're the same person who is just straight retarded on every forum/discord. History of retardation.

Edit: Also I'd like to add, has any other server on kunark launch had a zone crash and stay down for hours due to over 900 people being there? Has any TLP ever had over 900 people in one zone at the same time? lol.

Fwiw, PoK had close to 1200 and PoT 600+ during Mangler launch according to a dev comment on discord.

Screenshot_20201230-231550_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20201230-231737_Discord.jpg

I don't think it crashed but it was pretty close to unplayable for a while. Any clicks took 10 to 15 minutes to process so if you were behind a door you were effectively stuck and using a book was limited in the same way.

The poor motherfuckers who went up the elevator were basically in prison

Last edited:

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fwiw, PoK had close to 1200 and PoT 600+ during Mangler launch according to a dev comment on discord.

View attachment 326301

View attachment 326302

I don't think it crashed but it was pretty close to unplayable for a while. Any clicks took 10 to 15 minutes to process so if you were behind a door you were effectively stuck and using a book was limited in the same way.

Heh pretty insane number. Think what made the 900+ in kunark zone so crazy on aradune was that there is a handful of different locations you could enter from vs pop launch everyone has to head to PoK so you'd expect more like a couple hundred in each part but it was just a massive amount in every zone. 900+ caused the zone to crash and anyone who crashed inside could not log on their char for about 3 hours after launch. 1141 still a big number though. I was actually there for the pop launch on mangler i came back for 3-4 days. I got lucky and made it through pok within the first few minutes.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
T

View attachment 326301

View attachment 326302

Coirnav, the "lowest" populated tlp also had the same issue. Basically every xpac launch theres a zone that goes down due to the amount of players in the zone.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Going by general chat channel or ec tunnel is a pretty fucking terrible way to determine a server population. I'm guessing you think Rizlona has more population than Aradune too because it has 2k bots filling up those channels?

Less exp groups probably has to do with less boxes, More experienced players then ever and better exp rates than other servers.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
guy calls someone low IQ for basing a list off of some info he was able to gather then produces a list with no evidence not sure who's lower IQ

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Aradune had over a 5k server cap according to dev posts on the matter, and there was a queue for a month and half. Any other false things you want to say? LOL

Explain to me why Aradune still has auto kick in velious, which is based on server population, and all other TLP's had auto kick removed in classic.

I don't take it personally, i just think you're straight retarded and you're the same person who is just straight retarded on every forum/discord. History of retardation.

Edit: Also I'd like to add, has any other server on kunark launch had a zone crash and stay down for hours due to over 900 people being there? Has any TLP ever had over 900 people in one zone at the same time? lol.

Think its more related to the server migration they did to save money which is why stability has been so much shittier and for longer on Aradune than previous TLPs

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

View attachment 326301

View attachment 326302

EQEmulator could, in theory, handle more at this point. I really need to set up a headless client benchmark to really tell if it could.

EQLive's been struggling with their services ever since they moved something with their database or the software itself running the game. I'd imagine they either downsized server resources - doubtful, but possible - or deployed revamped code due to cost-savings work on their end that ended up in catastrophe.

I know Warhammer Online's emulator could hold more than the official servers. And this is without boxing being available. 1267 in the same area. The emulator beat Mythic's record of ~900 in a keep siege.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
/rustled on

Really annoys me when players tweak the advanced loot settings to their advantage and then *pretend* they do not understand or try to deflect and redirect when you call them out.

me = "need you to check everything under Loot Settings"
turd = "these don't drop coin"
me = "turd"
turd = "yes?"
me = "yeah"
me = "i need to go eat"

/disband
/camp

/rustled off

I first ran into this behaviour on Selos while camping Lucid Shards ... there the excuse was "... sorry, I had Auto Split Coin unchecked." Today, I think everything is enabled by default except for Auto Loot All.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
/rustled on

Really annoys me when players tweak the advanced loot settings to their advantage and then *pretend* they do not understand or try to deflect and redirect when you call them out.

me = "need you to check everything under Loot Settings"
me = "turd"
turd = "yes?"
me = "yeah"
me = "i need to go eat"

/disband
/camp

/rustled off

I first ran into this behaviour on Selos while camping Lucid Shards ... there the excuse was "... sorry, I had Auto Split Coin unchecked." Today, I think everything is enabled by default except for Auto Loot All.
Autosplit was disabled by default until like a month or two ago.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't link on this device atm but the "Anzac raids" leader guy admitted that it's some guild member of theres who tried the 70 boxing KT on Xmas day. He even admits his others members warped in to try and save his sorry aas after I trained him lol.

I should have realized the banban guy and bobbins was one and the same. I knee he was a Chinese farmer and saw him warp near KT a min before

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Have you confirmed in game what was said on the post. I would assume it was a troll post otherwise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
No. But like I said, I saw a known Chinese border from that guild warp in a minute beforehand. Aside from myself, the other few guys waiting on KT whom I know had no idea what was going on, and then the bobbins guy no one else was around before the boys warped in

I told no one about the Anzac guy. So if it's a troll set up they did an awful good job at guessing.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I just can't imagine someone admitting that on the forums. Doesn't really make sense lol. Feels like a troll because the guy saw the video so he picked that guild.

It could be true but I wouldn't believe it unless it was in said game with an officer of that guild saying it. But some random non verified forum account. No idea lol.

These guys have 100s of accounts. Not far fetched that they would make things up to throw attention at some guild.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Project M was so blindingly red hot popular when they experimented with it I still can't believe it went nowhere. If there was a Project M TLP it would be a ridiculous success.

Given that Aradune and Rizlona launched at the end of May (having been announced in April) and are a full month away from Luclin I don't really expect anything until the fall. On top of that all the speculation is that WoW Classic is getting TBC in May and you aren't going to want to go head to head with that launch if you can avoid it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I used to be naive and think they would never release a tlp so early... and then they announced a tlp when the previous one was only weeks into luclin and it launched before the server hit planes of power IIRC.

Looks like agnarr released luclin January 30th and coirnav launched March 16th...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user