Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was it 2019 where they released that strange "start at 85" server no one asked for?

Server was a disaster for sure. Never had more than 400 people on it even at launch. Was down to an average of 35 people a night within 3 months.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Was it 2019 where they released that strange "start at 85" server no one asked for?
Yeah Miragul came out Nov 2019. It was announced as part of the 15th anniversery for EQ2 celebrations which makes 0 fucking sense what one has anything to do with the other but there ya go. There is no House of Thule EQ2 Tie-in.

There is some ultra-retarded lore like 7 expansions later involving Lendiniara the Keeper (remember that dragon from WTOV? No, good because she doesn't matter prior to this). She apparantly becomes a time/dimension traveling dragon and goes blind as a result and she travels to the EQ2 universe and sees the end of the world or some dumb bullshit then comes back to EQ1 universe to warn all of us. If you wanna read the garbage yourself here ya go: A Guide Beyond the Rift

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Did they change something with Tunare recently, heard she is no longer perma rooted, anyone feel like sharing the strat to killing her these days? In a guild that seems to be struggling to figure it out.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Did they change something with Tunare recently, heard she is no longer perma rooted, anyone feel like sharing the strat to killing her these days? In a guild that seems to be struggling to figure it out.

My guild had a fat wall -- large races and large race illusioned people who would form up behind the tank, negating the knockback. I'm not sure there was much more to it than that -- other than killing the appropriate mini bosses so you don't get a bunch of adds.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Someone aggros her at the tree, she pops over to the spot where she's perma rooted, she calls all the shit and if you're clever you can wait for it to all path back (while maintaining aggro on Tunare the entire time, pick a good spot to stand) and skip clearing most of the trash in the zone entirely. The big tree that silences will ruin your day so have someone not kos drag his bitch ass the fuck away but not too far away because he'll leash.

You don't need a wall anymore because she doesn't flip and murder randos once the tank is out of range. She'll just summon him back.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Someone aggros her at the tree, she pops over to the spot where she's perma rooted, she calls all the shit and if you're clever you can wait for it to all path back (while maintaining aggro on Tunare the entire time, pick a good spot to stand) and skip clearing most of the trash in the zone entirely. The big tree that silences will ruin your day so have someone not kos drag his bitch ass the fuck away but not too far away because he'll leash.

You don't need a wall anymore because she doesn't flip and murder randos once the tank is out of range. She'll just summon him back.

How long does this take usually? I've never done it that way. My guild would AE and be done in about 45 minutes.

DickTrickle

Zero chance you aoe'd the enitre zone in 45 mins.

I mean, that's what it felt like from a year old memory, so you could be right. I wasn't counting the Tunare kill in that timeframe... maybe I'll load up the log and see.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
How long does this take usually? I've never done it that way. My guild would AE and be done in about 45 minutes.

There's some variance in how many calls she does and how long you have to wait but it's the fastest method I've ever been privy to.

DickTrickle

Zero chance you aoe'd the enitre zone in 45 mins.
1609572321787.png

Mob count is a bit off because I had the HP limit set to 10k and AEing always messes up the tracking... but this looks like 35 minutes for trash clear and with the 502 Tunare kill time, that's just at 45 minutes for the whole zone. The three mobs after Tunare start time are just some stragglers we missed that came from her calls.

This is toward the end of the expansion, IIRC, but definitely before Luclin dropped. So, 100% chance we did it in 45 minutes. Towards the beginning of the xpac I'm sure it took longer, but doubt it was that much longer, and surely within 45 minutes for the trash clear itself. We had six wizards, six mages, two enchanters and one druid on the parse above, total of approximately 50 players (including boxes).

Edit: Dug up one from much earlier in the xpac:

1609573465730.png

Looks like 40 minutes for the clear and 46ish for Tunare.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1609572769936.png

Since PoG is getting discussed here...anyone remember what the deal is with abstruse phantasm? I've looked for it in both static and instanced PoG, cleared the zone, everything.

DickTrickle

View attachment 326643
Since PoG is getting discussed here...anyone remember what the deal is with abstruse phantasm? I've looked for it in both static and instanced PoG, cleared the zone, everything.
Since I had my log up from that era, FWIW, it seems like we never killed him during guild raids -- but he might have just been out of the way.

However, recently I spun up a DZ on Mangler and cleared the zone to get the achievement and it was up there. It's curious not to see it if you cleared the zone since I didn't think the Conqueror achievements involved PH type mobs, but I could be wrong. Perhaps it has a spawn time with a wide range?

Vise

Molten Core Raider
View attachment 326642

Mob count is a bit off because I had the HP limit set to 10k and AEing always messes up the tracking... but this looks like 35 minutes for trash clear and with the 502 Tunare kill time, that's just at 45 minutes for the whole zone. The three mobs after Tunare start time are just some stragglers we missed that came from her calls.

This is toward the end of the expansion, IIRC, but definitely before Luclin dropped. So, 100% chance we did it in 45 minutes. Towards the beginning of the xpac I'm sure it took longer, but doubt it was that much longer, and surely within 45 minutes for the trash clear itself. We had six wizards, six mages, two enchanters and one druid on the parse above, total of approximately 50 players (including boxes).

Edit: Dug up one from much earlier in the xpac:

View attachment 326644
Looks like 40 minutes for the clear and 46ish for Tunare.
Most of those mobs on your parse are from the west side of the zone. Can you please provide a parse that had all of the named in the parse? Considering 75% on the mobs on the east side of the zone cannot be stunned I still highly doubt you aoe'd the entire zone.

Most guilds go in aoe the west side of the zone and pull the mobs around the tunare spawn spot. killing very little of the zone. Which is probably what you did too.

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
I’m not sure how much shit my guild pre clears, since I’m always late to this raid. However, we end up standing in the river and someone agros her with a bard song playing. She calls the zone and we wait a bit. We do this a second time for whatever reason I don’t know. After everything starts pathing back on the 2nd call we go spank her booty.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
She apparantly becomes a time/dimension traveling dragon and goes blind as a result and she travels to the EQ2 universe and sees the end of the world or some dumb bullshit then comes back to EQ1 universe

sad colin farrell GIF

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Apparently doing an AE group is considered cheating now I guess because eight of us just got kicked and suspended for AoEing in Sebilis.

I mean seriously what the actual fuck is wrong with these people?

We're all in Discord talking while AoEing, and all of a sudden everybody's like "I just got kicked", "yeah me too", etc. Then we cant get back in and get the message about being suspended for cheating.

That's straight up bull fucking shit.

For the record, some duchebag named Skwishy came up to us when we started and said, "fucking botter". I can guarantee you this piece of shit petitioned the GMs. Fuck that guy. Fuck him to hell. I hope he gets cancer and dies a slow death.

That being said though, fuck the GMs for being so God damned fucking stupid. Eight people just got suspended for AoEing. Eight people!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Were you botting though?

And if it's Aradune if some one was running 4 characters that's a no-no!