Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just imagine the drama and hurt feelings and etc that come with st and aow loot, being for every top end boss. Every item is a dollar sign. Everyone with a "my alt could use that" is now a problem for someone else. Many basic quests are now for sale, but by extension, many basic camps are suddenly monopolized. Fg and storms drops can be sold? That market will be SO toxic.

Then there's the whole gear issue. Wanna join in, catch up, or fuck around on an alt? No mercy, either shell out hundos or get called for sucking. People are already iffy about undergeared groupmates when it's reasonable to be; nobody is gonna so much as sniff in your direction after a couple expansions if you aren't decked out.

I would rather play on a no tradeable server than a fv one.

I can't imagine how convoluted guild rules would be on a free trade TLP. You can't really look at the FV server for examples either because the loot on a TLP would be worth 100x more than it ever was on FV, thus making loot in general a far bigger problem for any raiding guild. I bet a lot of guild leaderships just for ease would say fuck it and make all loot available to all classes and you can sell it. Any type of trickle down system would never work.

You're right, every single camp would become just an absolute shit show. Maybe that's the appeal of it though. It would create a pretty competitive environment but only temporarily before the average casual players (your biggest buying market) would leave the server.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Making every camp competitive would cause problems, but it would spread people out and perhaps not everyone would be so obsessed with socking efreeti in classic. I imagine there might be an equilibrium point between population and worthwhile camps that make it so it's not toxic all the time -- but after the toxicity made a bunch of naive people quit. I could see it maintaining a decent population but probably not Mangler longetivity numbers or Aradune post-launch numbers.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In classic its mostly all tradeable anyway so fv rules change little. By velious and especially luclin, a ton of camps only work because people move on from them. Including key camps. But I envision on a fv tlp that for example tov (e and probably even w) get botted down, every shard able to be camped gets monopolized, even dumbshit like the giant in gd for the hat would get gibbed.

I was always a loud advocate for no nbg and free market... but I just do not believe that eq was made for fv rules to truly work. Nodrop was put in for a reason, and while I despised it as fucking up pvp at the time, im for it now.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
FnF had a trickle down loot system on FV and it worked just fine.

When you upgrade a dropped loot, you link your old item to the raid. People can bid or roll on that. If it is unwanted it goes to the guild bank who sell it and split the profits among the raid, similar to a GDKP payout.

It geared up the guild very fast, especially new members.

This was before Krono existed though, so that may change the metrics of it.

*EDIT* I just realized how Krono fucks this server. Previously, FV operated only on the platinum that was generated and existed on the server. Sure you can RMT plat, but it can never be moved to another server. Since Krono is account wide, it can be sold anywhere or imported to the "FV TLP"

Last edited:

BrysB

Trakanon Raider
Hi all, I'm just getting started on Aradune. I have a Sk and sham duo going. Is there any info on raiding guilds somewhere? Like what times/days they raid and what they maybe looking for.

Evernothing

The following guild are active.
(There are more, but that is just off me head)

TEQB
MIM
Ashen Oath
Vets of Norrath
Tipsy
The Filthy Casualz
Altered Minds
Victorem
Mediumcore
Antagonist
Legion of the Dead Three
Why the Fuss

This link shows who has beat current content: Aradune Progression :: An Everquest TLP Server

Old info here:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I can't imagine how convoluted guild rules would be on a free trade TLP. You can't really look at the FV server for examples either because the loot on a TLP would be worth 100x more than it ever was on FV, thus making loot in general a far bigger problem for any raiding guild. I bet a lot of guild leaderships just for ease would say fuck it and make all loot available to all classes and you can sell it. Any type of trickle down system would never work.

You're right, every single camp would become just an absolute shit show. Maybe that's the appeal of it though. It would create a pretty competitive environment but only temporarily before the average casual players (your biggest buying market) would leave the server.

1. Fuck you for getting me banned on the EQ discord lol...

2. Yeah I feel you'd have to do some kind of GDKP system for loot on a FV-tlp. Something where the first few raid loots just sell for game time or pitiful levels of plat. I feel on a server like that Krono would be a joke to have and would be cheap as F on the market. As for camps being a shit-show? Come on now, camps are a shit show now..at least on an FV-tlp there would be a possibility of getting that item being camped through a trade and not having to stand in zone offering money for it. Could wait in the bazaar.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TEQB
MIM
Ashen Oath
Vets of Norrath
Tipsy
The Filthy Casualz
Altered Minds
Victorem
Mediumcore
Antagonist
Legion of the Dead Three
Why the Fuss

This link shows who has beat current content: Aradune Progression :: An Everquest TLP Server

Old info here:

Most of the Euro guilds have merged into Rampage, I think Rosengard is the only Euro guild of note that hasn't.

For people new to the server, RWT does plat raids that are open to any level 60. Can be a good way to either gear up a toon or make some money, depending on where you are at. Usually on friday or saturday, 1pm EST start.

yerm

FnF had a trickle down loot system on FV and it worked just fine.

When you upgrade a dropped loot, you link your old item to the raid. People can bid or roll on that. If it is unwanted it goes to the guild bank who sell it and split the profits among the raid, similar to a GDKP payout.

It geared up the guild very fast, especially new members.

This was before Krono existed though, so that may change the metrics of it.

*EDIT* I just realized how Krono fucks this server. Previously, FV operated only on the platinum that was generated and existed on the server. Sure you can RMT plat, but it can never be moved to another server. Since Krono is account wide, it can be sold anywhere or imported to the "FV TLP"

Thats great in theory. What about my cleric alt? Probably no problem right? What about my mage alt? What about my 2nd cleric? My 5th monk? When do panhandling alts get told yes and told no on raid loot? Can I mooch the handmedowns at least? Is the dkp officer doing checks to make sure bids don't get sold off later?

The krono thing made it easy but the concept was bad before then. Somewhere between combine and fippy something happened and on fippy you literally couldn't even buy certain items like white dragon cloaks for plat - USD only!

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I just imagine the drama and hurt feelings and etc that come with st and aow loot, being for every top end boss. Every item is a dollar sign. Everyone with a "my alt could use that" is now a problem for someone else. Many basic quests are now for sale, but by extension, many basic camps are suddenly monopolized. Fg and storms drops can be sold? That market will be SO toxic.

Then there's the whole gear issue. Wanna join in, catch up, or fuck around on an alt? No mercy, either shell out hundos or get called for sucking. People are already iffy about undergeared groupmates when it's reasonable to be; nobody is gonna so much as sniff in your direction after a couple expansions if you aren't decked out.

I would rather play on a no tradeable server than a fv one.

FV still has items that aren't tradeable. Some epic 1.0 stuff ect. I think VT shards aren't tradable even on FV, not 100% sure though. Every no drop item is already for sale either via loot rights or people blowing their DKP on shit then quitting and selling on ECTunnel. FV has the opposite effect on item values, instead of deleting items when people get raid upgrades they sell them. This ends up saturating the market and end up driving prices down drastically. Nobody would wanna buy a 50kr SoD on an FV TLP because their will be items like the Dagarn whip selling for cheap.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FV still has items that aren't tradeable. Some epic 1.0 stuff ect. I think VT shards aren't tradable even on FV, not 100% sure though. Every no drop item is already for sale either via loot rights or people blowing their DKP on shit then quitting and selling on ECTunnel. FV has the opposite effect on item values, instead of deleting items when people get raid upgrades they sell them. This ends up saturating the market and end up driving prices down drastically. Nobody would wanna buy a 50kr SoD on an FV TLP because their will be items like the Dagarn whip selling for cheap.

??? Loot rights were pretty rare when I played. Sure some did, but it did not happen often, mainly it was just the box armies that did it(And they were not clearing the top end). Also selling on EC tunnel is rare to semi rare. But put something like FV loot rules on a TLP , aka no longer against the rules,wont lose account(most are not making a new account for each TLP) nor have to go through 3rd parties and selling items skyrockets, along with every single issue that selling raid items already has for guilds, going up by about 10000%.

Sterling

El Presidente
Loot rights have a short window and if it's from a keyed zone a limited audience. So while there's some overlap they're entirely different scales.

Evernothing

Thats great in theory. What about my cleric alt? Probably no problem right? What about my mage alt? What about my 2nd cleric? My 5th monk? When do panhandling alts get told yes and told no on raid loot? Can I mooch the handmedowns at least? Is the dkp officer doing checks to make sure bids don't get sold off later?

The krono thing made it easy but the concept was bad before then. Somewhere between combine and fippy something happened and on fippy you literally couldn't even buy certain items like white dragon cloaks for plat - USD only!
Fuck your alts. You can buy gear in baz with the splits from guild sales.

FnF did do random inspect checks. If you had sold items in current expansion, you were punished.

yerm

So my alts get worse gear on this server so other people can kronlord?

• 1Picard

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
??? Loot rights were pretty rare when I played. Sure some did, but it did not happen often, mainly it was just the box armies that did it(And they were not clearing the top end). Also selling on EC tunnel is rare to semi rare. But put something like FV loot rules on a TLP , aka no longer against the rules,wont lose account(most are not making a new account for each TLP) nor have to go through 3rd parties and selling items skyrockets, along with every single issue that selling raid items already has for guilds, going up by about 10000%.
Their is multiple GDKP raids being run ATM on Aradune
My experience on TLP has always been TA is by far the most toxic item, like 80% of the people that get it disappear.
In AoS on Phinny it was a meme that whenever someone spent a ton of a DKP on a random ass item that they were about to quit and sell on EQtraders, because it happened at least a dozen times.

I had toons on FV back in the day. I know on FV an EMP 2 hander or BBB was 40-50k at the same time BoC was 300k+ on other servers and Black Bastardsword was 40-50k.

Items just end up being less valuable with FV ruleset and as a result there typically is much less drama around them.

When supply goes up and demand remains neutral price goes down. That's just the way market economies work man.

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just zoned into SG on Aradune. No picks or bots. Did they get banned or just scared after all the posts on the eq forums?