Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
They will occasionally insta-gate all the bot characters out from personal experience on Mangler, I couldn't even zone in without them disappearing within seconds after I walked up and streamed them a couple times. Could usually find them chilling at default bind point in home cities after this for awhile.

They'll be back.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
They will occasionally insta-gate all the bot characters out from personal experience on Mangler, I couldn't even zone in without them disappearing within seconds after I walked up and streamed them a couple times. Could usually find them chilling at default bind point in home cities after this for awhile.

They'll be back.

Should I keep a Krono'd account camped there outside of the zone geometry and automate reporting them if they come in?

That'd be a fun project, to be honest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Maybe change some items from nodrop to that * thing where only people in the group that killed it could loot it. Too many bottleneck nodrop items being permacamped by mage bots selling loot rights really killed enjoyment on Aradune for me.

And yeah i know i should just bring a bigger force, but I'm not begging my guild to send 5 other people to lock down gray mobs for 10+ hours

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lets go full blown and make all loot self found only. If you couldn't loot it for any reason when the mob died youre just out of luck.

• 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Should I keep a Krono'd account camped there outside of the zone geometry and automate reporting them if they come in?

That'd be a fun project, to be honest.

They already do that, ran into a SG botting group with my buddies, we let them pull and we killed it all. Finally after like 5-10 minutes a guy comes back to his botting crew and tells us the location is ours if we want and then he "gates" all his boxes and logs in a level 1 character that was sitting in an unreachable location in SG.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I still liked the server overall but with each TLP more and more of the game is commoditized with more people turning more of the game in to a krono farm. On Aradune I paid for more quest drops than I ever had in the past and had more people expect they would have to pay me for similar drops . Too much shit is reduced to a krono value in people's minds and I hate viewing the game through that lens.

• 1Like

Doop

Silver Squire
The bots got banned. They are no longer online for the first time in a long long time. Some of those picks in Sirens Grotto were 13 days old to give you an idea.

Found a good trick of getting around their player proximity detection and was able to record their bots on the worst offenses. Seems like DPG will react fast if given the right evidence. Took a whopping day and half for them to ban what looks like 60-70 accounts that were a part of SG stuff. Heard rumblings that there might have been others that got hit too but it's all speculation atm.

Either way, community has a large victory here.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The bots got banned. They are no longer online for the first time in a long long time. Some of those picks in Sirens Grotto were 13 days old to give you an idea.

Found a good trick of getting around their player proximity detection and was able to record their bots on the worst offenses. Seems like DPG will react fast if given the right evidence. Took a whopping day and half for them to ban what looks like 60-70 accounts that were a part of SG stuff. Heard rumblings that there might have been others that got hit too but it's all speculation atm.

Either way, community has a large victory here
DBG is still retarded because it is so obvious but they require a standard of proof that appears to be beyond a shadow of a doubt rather than beyond a reasonable doubt.

I give them no credit in this case, they were months late to the party, they really need to step it up and ban or give long suspensions for suspected botting and not require insane levels of proof.

Doop

Silver Squire
Seems like the core issue might be the person who's supposed to be monitoring botting, cheating, etc at DPG is lazy as drunken ass monkey balls.

Seen it's countless times in the software realm. Older companies that have an aging internal structure are riff with leeches that effectively accomplish nothing but pretend like they did.

Trick to get around roadblocks like this to get loud and noisy so that people in charge of said roadblock realize they are a dumpster fire....and/or combo this with them risking public image of being branded with being complacent about 24/7 botting :)

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
How bad is the bot army now on Aradune? I remember the Necro suicide squad.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You're very naive if you think they're "bad at their job". It ain't that. They're willfully allowing it and have been for years.

70 accounts is 70 krono per month.

Doop

Silver Squire
We've seen how much money Everquest makes when they presented to the new owners. The incomes from bots is completely negligible and that's if they are paying for it all....but these outfits are here to make profit themselves so it's highly unlikely they are even buying that much with actual currency. They funneling all their plat into kronos into player auction sales.

Doop

Silver Squire
leonardo dicaprio shrug GIF

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
Kronos farmers represent a very small amount of money. EQ generate something like... $7 million/year? How many 100 boxers exist, 2-3, tops? 100 accounts is roughly equivalent 1,500 per month. The monthly revenue they generate by buying or consuming kronos that SOMEONE legally bought is a drop in the bucket compared to what EQ generates.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
This business with the SG bots just mirrors the real world, where corruption can be swept under the rug, ignored, explained away etc as long as the complaints are easily manageable.

Nothing ever gets done until a critical mass of unrest is reached and can no longer be ignored.

If people seriously want change they should give stop complaining on platforms that DPG or whoever they are now control. Get on Facebook and complain, @ them on Twitter, go to review sites and talk about rampant uncontrolled botting etc. If more people did this then the issues may have been addressed sooner rather than being ignored for months.

If all you do is bitch on the official forums or discord then you just let Dreamweaver sweep your complaints under the rug.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It could be deeper than that. Botters keep the krono exchange going and raise the plat value of krono. An argument can be made that they are good, economically, for the people on the server giving daybreak the most money, and bad for the people spending little and returning on each tlp whatever else they say. The idea that you can spend a krono or two and gear out a character is appealing to a lot of folks.

Banning bots that hog unique camps or grief or even sell dz loot can be harmful. Bots in sg or seb, arguably, can be good for a server's revenue and new player attraction. Just can't let the PR get out of hand.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

Either way, community has a large victory here.
Can confirm. The SG botters are banned, per DPG inside sources. They rarely give confirmation about who gets banned due to privacy policy, but those botters are banned... though their identities are unknown.

Not sure how selling dz loot is really hurting anyone.

They weren't selling dz loot. They were forcefully spawning a pick with the volume of accounts they had, checking the spawns, and letting it close.

They already do that, ran into a SG botting group with my buddies, we let them pull and we killed it all. Finally after like 5-10 minutes a guy comes back to his botting crew and tells us the location is ours if we want and then he "gates" all his boxes and logs in a level 1 character that was sitting in an unreachable location in SG.

Yeah but hear me out: what if you keep the level 1 there so he has no way of avoiding detection. Just toss it on some cloud-hosted VPS running 24/7. Boom, no more botters in SG.

Last edited:
  • 1Like