Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Zaide has to stay in his own competitive realm. I think him forming a guild vs Rampage World Tour would be a closer battle.
I think there is only one way to settle this, How many krono does each guild bank have? Winner of the new server takes all?

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think there is only one way to settle this, How many krono does each guild bank have? Winner of the new server takes all?

TEB wont be moving to the new TLP. I said from the beginning we'll be going on here til the end.

I will say though, that if I were a betting man and zaide tries to create an OW guild on the new tlp...i would put my money on it quickly being relegated to DZ's only.

First

Trakanon Raider
OGC never even made an attempt to go for OW bert after our bert DZ crashed. We literally just waited for GM's to reset our Bert DZ lockout. Since AoS had corpse banked 18 toons to 65 and got an advantage on levels, we knew that if we went for OW bert AoS would just go there and contest, auto winning with the level advantage. AoS let EoE have that OW bert to try and get them ahead of OGC. If you remember, AoS even worked with EoE on velious launch and had sort of an understanding with each other. Also Entendre was the fifth guild in to the elementals, so dunno where them being the first guild to zone in to an EP comes from.

I don't believe we had 18 corpse banked at all. I doubt we had more than 10, may have only been a group. We had a backup plan too - AEing a group in the deep to level that we'd then 85% in later - would not have significantly slowed us at all.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't believe we had 18 corpse banked at all. I doubt we had more than 10, may have only been a group. We had a backup plan too - AEing a group in the deep to level that we'd then 85% in later - would not have significantly slowed us at all.

Vash, Clawgrip, Korillo, Laurel, Auenah, Ahze, Vinto, Majine, Danto, Linyen, Harlet, Happyfeet, Shelston, Grizvok, Tago, Astral, Slurpee, Malaki.
Those are the names that at least had screenshots circulating of their corpses at zones in which they were banked.

First

Trakanon Raider
We (AoS) definitely tried to help EoE beat Time before OGC when we saw it was a possibility. I want to say it was Rathe Council they were struggling with so we sent a few groups of dps to join their raid and get them the win, we might have even lent them one of our Odyllic Vials afterwards. Then they proceeded to just... not finish.

As I recall the 2nd OW Bert cycle popped while we (AoS) were doing the OW RZTW cycle. Instead of being in CoD, OGC came out and sat in the arena while we were killing fake Rallos. We had to leave a skeleton crew behind to finish the Fake while the rest of the raid levi'ed down so we would be in a position to race on the real RZTW in the pit which we did end up winning. The adds were just unreal since neither guild wanted to kite and just burn the shit outta RZTW.

I liked the PoP race but holy fuck, fuck farming elemental minis for 3 months in a batphone guild.
I may have some video of that RZTW race on a hard drive - it was pretty epic. We were absolutely flabbergasted that they weren't trying to get Bert and was on some sort of quixotic attempt to do nothing to us (we still had the dz available). If I recall, it was no less than the 3rd open world Bert spawn that they'd missed at the time too. I really thought they may have had a good plan after we saw them beat us into Torment by doing the alt-entry key - cue some real concern at some devious master plan - but after doing decently in storms & early, they just sorta ended up making some questionable calls after the bert DZ was lost and gave up. It was potentially recoverable too. Must have been rough.

We were also just floored that EoE really just didn't seem to care about speeding things up. I remember talking to several friends in the guild - no interest at all in pushing. PoP's grand plan unfolding was a great time to be playing. We really had some good executions with some tricky fights - really massaged our #'s required to speed up the process by cutting flags down.

Phinny was a total blast of a server -

Velious - What a surprise launch. I remember having some real fun in Kael in the middle of velious with OGC & IVAS teaming up to try to beat us at Tormax. They made a super raid stacked with dps classes - we by no means had the same #'s of dps as two guilds combined. I remember that our bards (I was one then) were out-dpsing their rangers and some other dps classes on that fight. We won. Neither guild ever showed up in open-world again.

Luclin - We underplanned a ton for Luclin - we did emp as a guild, but then did not assign and do shards as a guild at all really, we tracked completion, but it was all individual group's moving around for the most part without much alarm being raised at how their entire guild was muscling our groups out of camps for a long time. We knew they didn't have the emp keys - cue exploit. Losing our Emp DZ was rough on our timeline (espec since I/we reported the bug that got them nuked to Prathun) but we figured we were ahead despite that, and we still almost beat them with them exploiting when we took the 18-20 keys we had into VT after realizing they had exploited and were in there.

LDoN - We had a blast with the raids at this launch, shame there was no competition. Interesting there are raids everyone missed.

GoD was notable for the fact that Dima exploited the shit out of Txevu and still lost. We were pretty shocked, but it's hard to put into words just how fucking amazing we executed to finish 1st after being that far behind. Really pushed our limits. I may have a video of our Tunat win somewhere - I remember how smooth that was and how much we wrecked that dps parse.

OoW - We had a pretty focused strategy laid out and executed super well. OGC completely missed the DZ zone flag thing (it was relatively known too!!!), but aside from that, we were also ahead on levels and signets by our observations. We'd planned for a faster entry by setting up to do Anguish with low #'s. Despite that, OGC - lower level than us and with less signets - moved into MPG Trials at a similar time. I think they even started the trials before we did. Aside from the zone flag thing, they still likely would have failed. Fairly sure their strategy relied on exploits - there were at least three of note that would have potentially let them finish with a lower # of 70's and signets than us. What they didn't know was that two of those exploits had been fixed - I/we had worked on reporting them to Prathun for fixing (masks on ppl & dog spawn exploits to name 2) just to prevent a re-run of Luclin via exploits since we were fairly confident they couldn't beat us fairly. The last exploits involving trivializing OMM remained for quite awhile after Phinigel - we knew there was at least two more OMM exploits out there but couldn't reproduce them, so Prathun had just added some extra checks because we thought the big one involved OMM or parts of the fight being out of his room somehow.

DoDH - This is probably the first expansion that, unless someone says differently since I did it, I felt like OGC competed fairly without intending to rely on exploits. It was a good competitive run. We had once again optimized around a smaller # of flags being needed to beat DP in order to speed it up. It worked, but was damn close. I quit not long after - was always sorry I never got to see TSS/TBS again & beyond, but it just wasn't fun doing Demi-Plane and I felt like I'd run out of steam. AoS was a blast and Phinnie in general was a ton of fun with some great friends in a bunch of other guilds.

Last edited:

First

Trakanon Raider
Vash, Clawgrip, Korillo, Laurel, Auenah, Ahze, Vinto, Majine, Danto, Linyen, Harlet, Happyfeet, Shelston, Grizvok, Tago, Astral, Slurpee, Malaki.
Those are the names that at least had screenshots circulating of their corpses at zones in which they were banked.

Well hell, maybe it was then. I may have gotten my wires crossed with our backup plan. Most of those I recognize as mains even if a few don't ring bells. They spent some real time in the Deep making those before.

Last edited:

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Velious - What a surprise launch. I remember having some real fun in Kael in the middle of velious with OGC & IVAS teaming up to try to beat us at Tormax. They made a super raid stacked with dps classes - we by no means had the same #'s of dps as two guilds combined. I remember that our bards (I was one then) were out-dpsing their rangers and some other dps classes on that fight. We won. Neither guild ever showed up in open-world again.

Also not to nit pick, but im pretty sure that was for AoW not tormax. OGC/IVAS only had a total of 74 characters (there was a raid of 72, and a raid of 2 people) (most of the IVAS that joined up with us were clerics, since we barely had any online). AoS had around 130ish characters there iirc.

As far as the Bert in PoP, I dunno. I remember asking during that launch why we never at least gave an attempt at it because I was pretty pissed that we didn't. I was told it was because AoS were tracking it and because it's Bert, they would have had plenty of time to move for it if we tried. Due to the corpse banking, it really took away any chance a guild had at competing for OW targets.

Last edited:

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

Warrior, Warrior, Warrior, Cleric, Cleric, 64 Cleric, Enc, Enc, Wiz, don't think that was ours, Shm, Druid, Enc, Necro(or maybe SK) Wiz, Mage, Mage, Wiz.

Most of our monks, rogues, rangers were all 61 since the 65s were mainly focused on beating the content and a few Wizards for Manaburn on Storms giants.

Sterling

El Presidente
It was 18 characters corpsebanked, we had 1 person that had a few decay and ended up like 63 or 64 instead of 65 though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Warrior, Warrior, Warrior, Cleric, Cleric, 64 Cleric, Enc, Enc, Wiz, don't think that was ours, Shm, Druid, Enc, Necro(or maybe SK) Wiz, Mage, Mage, Wiz.

Most of our monks, rogues, rangers were all 61 since the 65s were mainly focused on beating the content and a few Wizards for Manaburn on Storms giants.
Linyen was a Wizard that was a warrior that switched in velious or luclin.

Also, maybe my favorite part about the whole thing was Dima posting about it and saying he knew how it was exactly 70 perfectly stacked corpses because he farmed that locate corpse wand and not because of SEQ.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Linyen was a Wizard that was a warrior that switched in velious or luclin.

Also, maybe my favorite part about the whole thing was Dima posting about it and saying he knew how it was exactly 70 perfectly stacked corpses because he farmed that locate corpse wand and not because of SEQ.

heh yeah that was funny. Dima knows to keep his hands clean on that stuff though. It was myself and I believe Cabdru? maybe that went around and found all the corpses and took screenshots of them all. Dima and few others of us knew that you could corpse bank for PoP launch but Dima didn't want to do it. It's actually quite funny the two perceptions going on at that time. AoS always thought OGC was going to exploit everything, and OGC always thought AoS was going to exploit everything. So this fear each guild had for the other exploiting often times led to one or the other exploiting on a launch, and often times not both in the same expansion. There isn't one side or the other that can claim any bit of innocence on that.

IVAS is actually who tipped off that AoS was corpse banking. IVAS was dumb enough to corpse bank in shadow haven of all places which then led to a search of all zones which is how the AoS ones were found in home cities. Since Dima didn't want to do an exploit that extreme, we tried getting it fixed prior to pop launch and well, we all know the story of how that played out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

New server

Who????

4e8c8a_05f2b0aebb024709a16519b21f715924~mv2.gif

Will it be?

1619448791937.png

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user