Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Atabishi vs Zaide.
1619550025731.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
Ya I'm very curious how they'll handle loot drops there. Is it literally same level mobs? Will Lich Rtrangi (lvl 80 mob) in The Rescue, which can be done with 10 people, drop Quarm loot because Quarm is also lvl 80.

Will planar gods in pop drop time gear?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PoP is going to be a miserable expansion. More than usual. A lot of the levels are very wacky, eg time gods are frequently lower than trash tier gods you went through to get there. Plane of time lets you consolidate your raiding in one place because it's where basically all of the good loot drops; you can effectively stop doing other content. Having loot spread randomly means that sure you can probably farm carp cycle for TAs and stuff, but in reverse, if everything has only a 1 in 10 chance or so of the loot being time quality, you have to kill 10 times as much shit to make up for the 1 time raid. You'll get 10x as much loot but 90% of it is obsolete. This will probably be a big problem in dodh and most of the 80+ game. You cannot reach the end zone and park in it; you have to maintain a "full" raid schedule to get the same amount of top tier loot.

But, if you don't care about loot needing to be the very top tier bis and can appreciate quantity over quality and getting rapidly geared out "good enough" easily, it should be simple! Given the amount of autistic warrior cunts (I fucking HATE every one of you egotistical tanks who fit in this category I don't give a fuck who you are or if you founded foh) who post about how they can't target farm 20 fucking ac augs now... I think a lot of people are going to be fucking miserable when mischief hits these end-zone-dominated expacs. You'll be decked out sufficiently to clear the expansion before you're halfway done your flag raids, but you'll never ever be fully bis. For a lot of well vaccinated plate wearers this is likely going to be the end of the world.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
FWIW, VERY recently Live servers have been having issues regarding Fabled NPCs. Darkpaw "fixed" them but now there's a handful of PoP bosses that are regenning to full every server tick. It PROBABLY won't affect TLP non-fabled bosses but...

Lol if it does!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The speculation about the drop possibilities are pretty entertaining.

At the end of the day it just boils down to a Diablo style loot system.

How did we solve this 20 years ago? Farm Pindle in your sleep, log in, check your bags for the good items and go play the market to trade for the gear you need.

This is a great way for EQ to bring in more raw krono purchases. Not everyone buys the $9 ectunnel kronos. Quite a few purchase right from the store. That is their end goal....to drive microtransactions.

My guess is the bosses will have some fixed drops and then random as well. If if it a purely random system you'll have to play the auction house to get those hard to find slots...and be prepared to pay. It was doable for other games and it will should be fine here.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Can someone give me the definitive word on this - Is the Carprin Cycle "key"(flag) needed for PoP progression, or is a guild able to take 72 into CoD, get 36 keys, and /corpse the other 36 into Bertoxx's room without messing up progression?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Can someone give me the definitive word on this - Is the Carprin Cycle "key"(flag) needed for PoP progression, or is a guild able to take 72 into CoD, get 36 keys, and /corpse the other 36 into Bertoxx's room without messing up progression?
You can corpse in. You absolutely do not need it for progression. I was someone on Mangler who did not get a carprin flag and I was in on the bert kill and I was fully flagged for the expansion. I didn't get my carprin flag until I boxed it in god or omens.

Edit: I was not involved in the actual course moving but was my understanding that it's a very finicky position to allow it to work, fwiw.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
You can 85/15 into bertox room. Which means you can 85/15 1 group into bertox room... then have the unflagged group drop the raid... invite another group of unflagged to bertox room toons... they click up to bertox and disband... etc etc etc.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm liking these changes to the BoT key drops in Storms, medallions drop somewhat regularly off trash. Got 6 people fully flagged in one DZ just killing the trash giants, didn't even need to kill all of them. Mini-named in open world drop a lot more medallions too.

• 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea since you can just 1 group it in a DZ, there is no need to race/killsteal other players for them. Bottleneck effectively fixed.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The PoStorms change is fantastic.

We took 10 people into a DZ last night, cleared all trash, and got enough for 10 flags. Other DZ groups got 5 - 10 as well.

Sterling

El Presidente
Sounds awful. Compromise should have been the Storms changes take affect about a week into PoP launch. Storms shitshow is the best part of PoP launch!

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Starting playing on this server last night. Something to fall back to if I dont like Mischief Server, I guess? But more so just to learn the new UI. Havent played retail EQ in quite a few years for example. Learned the hard way earlier tonight that I have to pay attention to recommended level on items. Spent basically all my plat on a 2h Sword for my SK. Get out and start using it and low and behold, Im hitting shit like a wet noodle. Pretty annoyed by that fact, but I guess I could always go back and sell it on the Bazaar if anyone else is foolish like me. Steering away from spending any money on the game until I have a set plan for what I want to do. Could definitely tell that PoP opened up - I had to put system messages out of my main chat window just so I wasnt getting spammed by kills every 5 minutes!

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
PoP is going to be a miserable expansion. More than usual. A lot of the levels are very wacky, eg time gods are frequently lower than trash tier gods you went through to get there. Plane of time lets you consolidate your raiding in one place because it's where basically all of the good loot drops; you can effectively stop doing other content. Having loot spread randomly means that sure you can probably farm carp cycle for TAs and stuff, but in reverse, if everything has only a 1 in 10 chance or so of the loot being time quality, you have to kill 10 times as much shit to make up for the 1 time raid. You'll get 10x as much loot but 90% of it is obsolete. This will probably be a big problem in dodh and most of the 80+ game. You cannot reach the end zone and park in it; you have to maintain a "full" raid schedule to get the same amount of top tier loot.
Who know how they will do PoP loot hopefully it's by Tier rather than Level.
But if it's by level better learn to love the Fishlord event.