Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

herbert

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I just verified via /servertransfer command that you can transfer (for free) from Aradune to Riz at the moment.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who would want to transfer to rizlona and suffer through a server of people who get along and camps aren't monopolized by rmters even though mass boxing is allowed, when you can instead play on a server that actually has more mass boxing just not you because you don't have their bypasses, and you can stay in your choice of either a guild thats so big you won't know half the people and everyone is a petition happy crybaby, or join a smaller guild that talks a good game and then fails to compete and manages to be even bigger crybabies? No, definitely stay on aradune.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Who would want to transfer to rizlona and suffer through a server of people who get along and camps aren't monopolized by rmters even though mass boxing is allowed, when you can instead play on a server that actually has more mass boxing just not you because you don't have their bypasses, and you can stay in your choice of either a guild thats so big you won't know half the people and everyone is a petition happy crybaby, or join a smaller guild that talks a good game and then fails to compete and manages to be even bigger crybabies? No, definitely stay on aradune.
Last time someone tried to share a camp on Rizlona it resulted in 3 pages of drama here /s

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ya I'm very curious how they'll handle loot drops there. Is it literally same level mobs? Will Lich Rtrangi (lvl 80 mob) in The Rescue, which can be done with 10 people, drop Quarm loot because Quarm is also lvl 80.

Will planar gods in pop drop time gear?

That's actually a good way to get people into LDON raids (and make the four months of PoP a bit less monotonous, at least for the last month). Have LDoN raids drop Time loot, basically.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
PoP is going to be a miserable expansion. More than usual. A lot of the levels are very wacky, eg time gods are frequently lower than trash tier gods you went through to get there. Plane of time lets you consolidate your raiding in one place because it's where basically all of the good loot drops; you can effectively stop doing other content. Having loot spread randomly means that sure you can probably farm carp cycle for TAs and stuff, but in reverse, if everything has only a 1 in 10 chance or so of the loot being time quality, you have to kill 10 times as much shit to make up for the 1 time raid. You'll get 10x as much loot but 90% of it is obsolete. This will probably be a big problem in dodh and most of the 80+ game. You cannot reach the end zone and park in it; you have to maintain a "full" raid schedule to get the same amount of top tier loot.

But, if you don't care about loot needing to be the very top tier bis and can appreciate quantity over quality and getting rapidly geared out "good enough" easily, it should be simple! Given the amount of autistic warrior cunts (I fucking HATE every one of you egotistical tanks who fit in this category I don't give a fuck who you are or if you founded foh) who post about how they can't target farm 20 fucking ac augs now... I think a lot of people are going to be fucking miserable when mischief hits these end-zone-dominated expacs. You'll be decked out sufficiently to clear the expansion before you're halfway done your flag raids, but you'll never ever be fully bis. For a lot of well vaccinated plate wearers this is likely going to be the end of the world.

There are still going to be situations where an endboss is much higher level than everything else in its expansion. Tunat is level 85, OMM is level 88 or 90, can't remember, etc. The other bosses in their respective expansions are mostly down at like level 70-75. I'm assuming loot won't be cross-expansion (meaning you can get TSS loot from Tunat once TSS is out) and each expansion will only drop loot from within that expansion. If so, then the final boss loot should still be fairly protected, at least in expansions where the final boss outpaces the rest of the bosses by a lot.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I definitely don't have time for this shit. However full GDKP guild + this ruleset too good to pass up. Gunna be fun

Yeah, I don't really want to do another TLP long-term, though this is coming up on the "end" of Phinny so who knows. Right now my plan is to play classic and see how much plat I can make farming/wheeling/dealing with this new loot system. I'll hardcore it in classic and then re-evaluate if I want to stick around. At the very least it should be fun, whether the server works out well or immediately turns into a mess.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
I you honestly think these devs are going to go through and tier the loot and mobs you should probably wear a helmet 24/7...

you have no idea if they dont already have an attribute for a tier on a raid npc. also to think rztw will drop potime loot is something someone who wears a helmet 24/7 would think

yerm

you have no idea if they dont already have an attribute for a tier on a raid npc. also to think rztw will drop potime loot is something someone who wears a helmet 24/7 would think

RZTW dropping plane of time loot is the whole point of the server.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If they set it up so there is a shared loot table for Nagafen/Inny/CT and a shared loot table for Yael/Phinny/Draco than who the fuck cares. At that point you're just playing on a Free Trade TLP. Now, it's true that people wanted that but for this to really be interesting you are going to need some wide variance in who can drop what. Every thing you kill that requires a raid needs to be a pull on the slot machine.

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Who hurt you?

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lots of guilds doing PoP progression right now on Rizlona. We're a chill server without really any racing guilds. Like 4 in elementals and right now only 1 has killed Rathe.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

1620089714135.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 1 users

yerm