Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The server is fucking packed and at least some people care about the rivalries. That's a million times better than the server just being dead or on life support.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The server is fucking packed and at least some people care about the rivalries. That's a million times better than the server just being dead or on life support.

It was actually gaining steam until the new server announcement. Aradune had about 40% less population at peak pop release vs Mangler. I expect the population to hold until the end of may right with the new server release. Then it will lose about 30% of its existing population and will lose a total of about 65% of its population by the time the new server releases Kunark.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was actually gaining steam until the new server announcement. Aradune had about 40% less population at peak pop release vs Mangler. I expect the population to hold until the end of may right with the new server release. Then it will lose about 30% of its existing population and will lose a total of about 65% of its population by the time the new server releases Kunark.

Aradune had about 132% higher population at peak pop release vs Mangler. I expect the population to hold until the end of may right with the new server release. It will lose about 39% of its existing population which will still be nearly double the population Mangler had. It will lose about 51% of its population by the time the new server releases Kunark.

I as well can make up random numbers.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
They nuked the last one when it devolved into a discussion of postorms pick spawning, grisvok conspiracy theory, warp hack use, etc.

This one looks to be off on GREAT footing for round 2.
Nah you gotta post these threads friday nights

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still don't understand how anyone can care about content that is decades old. You beat it join the club.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
any clue whats causing me to get this error below everytime i try to relog and load launcher? deleting cache makes it go away but it's fucking annoying to have to do like every time.

1620150379529.png

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I still don't understand how anyone can care about content that is decades old. You beat it join the club.
The race is literally the best part of EQ at this point. Something about staying up for days on end and playing games with your friends just takes me back to LAN parties during A School.
Why not talk shit about winning it's fun.

Keystone Keystone Their servers suck

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I guess my next question is how could these everquest babys come in second place? How can you possible fuck up POP progression? Did they fall asleep or have to go to work?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They took a very large 10-hour break because they thought they were within record time. They did have some sloppy ass wipes though; the temple of marr one being just straight Leroy Jenkins dipshittery.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They took a very large 10-hour break because they thought they were within record time. They did have some sloppy ass wipes though; the temple of marr one being just straight Leroy Jenkins dipshittery.

They tried to push all the way through and just couldn't get through Time due to player fatigue. By that point people had been up so long that a short break wasn't good enough. Hell, when they went to restart the raids after a big break they couldn't. Not enough people logged on. They batphoned again two hours and then were able to finish out. I don't know if beating the Selo time was ever the plan though or what time theirs even counts as. The exp rate was worse than Selo obviously but Storms was just a complete and total joke. On Selo Amtrak was still in there like seven hours even with ten picks up. You can just add this to the rotation of shit people endlessly argue about from prior TLPs.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, only like 0.0001% of people genuinely care about the times. Everything changes so much it's not like it's a real comparison of guild quality/efficiency, but it's just something people use to motivate themselves. I mean, I'm the #1 achievement guy on my server, but I realize it's complete arbitrary and pointless, but it does motivate me in a strange way. Whatever gives you a sense of fun or accomplishment, but it is super dumb when they go on and on about what a majestic feat it was.

Edit: Also, what kind of pansy gets tired after 12 hours of play? If you didn't get a bunch of sleep before xpac unlock so you could go 24 hours straight, you're nothing but a scrub! Need some of that Baja Blast.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean, only like 0.0001% of people genuinely care about the times. Everything changes so much it's not like it's a real comparison of guild quality/efficiency, but it's just something people use to motivate themselves. I mean, I'm the #1 achievement guy on my server, but I realize it's complete arbitrary and pointless, but it does motivate me in a strange way. Whatever gives you a sense of fun or accomplishment.

Heh yeah they are more so motivation than anything. An added thing to throw up on top of server firsts. They want Mischief to be part of the speedrun thing so bad they are now accepting runs from any server regardless of ruleset. I'm just waiting to drop my miragul clear times from day 1 of server launch where groups of people went there just to mess around and race to clear early expansions. Classic/phara dar/aten/quarm were all cleared on day 1. Per the new standard they made in order to have mischief server on there, miragul times will count. I know some expansions were cleared on day 1 of Quarm as well so we'll need to get those times in there as well.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I mean, only like 0.0001% of people genuinely care about the times. Everything changes so much it's not like it's a real comparison of guild quality/efficiency,
Having done PoP with Amtrak and AOS. I can confirm AOS PoP race was so much smoother and better played than Amtrak's was but Amtrak's was faster because of Storms and server stability.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having done PoP with Amtrak and AOS. I can confirm AOS PoP race was so much smoother and better played than Amtrak's was but Amtrak's was faster because of Storms and server stability.

Selo was great almost no pop issues. Mangler did not crash but did have many hours of lag. Aradune has been the smoothest pop launch to date for them.

Hamshire

Lord Nagafen Raider
How do you wipe when everyone has access this Glyph

scale.png

that ALSO stacks with warrior defensive

def.png

Last edited: