Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
I still want to know the real reason for the internal fallout. I don't feel like I'm getting a complete picture. MAZE??
Probably planned on cutting the cord for awhile, and just waited for the next TLP server to come into play before leaving and letting it out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You really don't want to get involved in EQ drama. It's not healthy and will just degenerate your mind.
1621450349419.gif

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Bunch of people in glass houses throwing stones.

No one is throwing stones but A Atabishi though...

Not a single one of us is under the assumption that cheating doesn't happen, world first or last.

This whole "Drama" started when A Atabishi got salty at Zaide Zaide for not getting down on his knees and congratulating him when Atabishi's guild "AMG WORLD FIRSTed" Kunark or velious or maybe luclin. Atabishi accused zaide of saying they cheated and then Atabishi went on a long ass rant saying "We never cheat and cheaters should have all their accomplishments invalidated!"...

then it turns out he was cheating, to no ones surprise. 300 posts later, atabishi still tryin to deflect cheating like it's a new baby momma comin round asking for them payments.

Man toots horn, man says he not toot horn, man post video of tooting horn...

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
All this drama is amusing but i think there's been this slightly unrealistic picture painted of Aradune based on it.

I've actually had a pretty good time on on the server and from what i've seen so have the vast majority of people not involved in pushing for server firsts. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I used to love that shit back on live and don't condemn it now. But, lets be realistic it's 20 year old content in the age of DZs and even a casual guild like mine will beat everything soon after anyway so many people are going to have a hard time really caring to put in the effort for stuff like clearing an expac in 1-3 days.

Maybe an unpopular opinion here. But Aradune actually has a really strong population. It's still pretty easy to start a new char and group 1-65 easily. I strongly suspect it will wind up having much more longevity then people on here seem to suspect. I plan on playing on the new server. In part because PoP is so long and it gives me something to do. Already, i've met many people who started a toon just to prep for new tlp who just decided to stay here. Yes there are a toxic minority of players. It's also true like maze said that TEB has some awful players/people. But this seems to come with being a gigantic guild more then anything else. as far as i can tell every big guild has a traction of people like this. But the influence of these toxic players is overblown and there's a good chance you can play everyday for months without really interacting with them.

Overall I think Aradune will actually wind up staying pretty well populated. It's very possible Mischief will be something of a gimmick server. basically starting a few xpacs in anything other then raid gear with be worthless on this ruleset for one. The random, mostly worthless loot, that you get from the constant rares could easily make the game just feel meaningless. Also, the raid content/itemization for classic-Kun is awful and Vt keying is literally the most aids thing i have done in an mmo ever. It's good they are doing less time in these ears. but even in SoV you have the issue where even on a normal server like Aradune there was essentially nothing at all to do at cap but log on for raids. It will be even worse on new TLP because the few non-raid loots worth getting will be far less valued.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The best part is I never even claimed there was any cheating. It was just a lie for no reason.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
All this drama is amusing but i think there's been this slightly unrealistic picture painted of Aradune based on it.

I've actually had a pretty good time on on the server and from what i've seen so have the vast majority of people not involved in pushing for server firsts. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I used to love that shit back on live and don't condemn it now. But, lets be realistic it's 20 year old content in the age of DZs and even a casual guild like mine will beat everything soon after anyway so many people are going to have a hard time really caring to put in the effort for stuff like clearing an expac in 1-3 days.

Maybe an unpopular opinion here. But Aradune actually has a really strong population. It's still pretty easy to start a new char and group 1-65 easily. I strongly suspect it will wind up having much more longevity then people on here seem to suspect. I plan on playing on the new server. In part because PoP is so long and it gives me something to do. Already, i've met many people who started a toon just to prep for new tlp who just decided to stay here. Yes there are a toxic minority of players. It's also true like maze said that TEB has some awful players/people. But this seems to come with being a gigantic guild more then anything else. as far as i can tell every big guild has a traction of people like this. But the influence of these toxic players is overblown and there's a good chance you can play everyday for months without really interacting with them.

Overall I think Aradune will actually wind up staying pretty well populated. It's very possible Mischief will be something of a gimmick server. basically starting a few xpacs in anything other then raid gear with be worthless on this ruleset for one. The random, mostly worthless loot, that you get from the constant rares could easily make the game just feel meaningless. Also, the raid content/itemization for classic-Kun is awful and Vt keying is literally the most aids thing i have done in an mmo ever. It's good they are doing less time in these ears. but even in SoV you have the issue where even on a normal server like Aradune there was essentially nothing at all to do at cap but log on for raids. It will be even worse on new TLP because the few non-raid loots worth getting will be far less valued.
I mean on most TLPs raid gear in general feels kind of worthless because when everyone is more or less best in slot every expansion so that's not really any different. The new rules are at least different so there will be a lot of people wanting to take it for a whirl. Randomized loot could end up killing it sooner rather than later though. Not sure why they felt the need to tack that gimmick on top of there being free loot to begin with.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've generally had a really good time on Aradune, and in TEB for that matter. There's definitely a mix of good and not so good players and sometimes skynet sets up a particularly brutal raid, but the raiding from my experience has been extremely chill.

I don't envy having to plan for the long haul on these TLPs. New servers + PoP & beyond burnout is gonna CHUNK the guild eventually, no matter the server. If keeping the dead weight buffer drives some people away but lets the guild weather the storm healthy enough to be the only viable option to suck up populations from splintering guilds.. it's probably net worth it. I've always got the impression that Atabishi was very much playing the long game here, maybe erring too much on the side of not booting idiots, but overall this is definitely the best run guild I've ever been in. It'll be interesting to see how we transition from needing officers with strong skills in herding cats and entering dkp ticks vs deep game knowledge over the next few expansions.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Isn't the "long haul" on TLPs mostly just merge, zerg, merge some more until you hit the end?

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Isn't the "long haul" on TLPs mostly just merge, zerg, merge some more until you hit the end?
There's some of that. But don't forget somewhere around Omens all the casters switch to some kind of tank class and everyone just boxes healers/bards.

Xevy

Log Wizard
TBH the Baja Blast thing is more of clever use of game mechanics than cheating. I mean, he HAS the money and is willing to give it, but the NPC doesn't want to accept the coins in gold and silver and just wants plat.

Also Taco Bell has some gamer bros working there sometimes and they'll gratas that Baja Blast for you more often than not, ESPECIALLY if it's the only thing you get. I had to DEMAND to pay for mine once after a 3 streak of them just giving it to me for free.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What's funny is all this bad blood started because Atabishi believed something from Mayze that he now realizes is potentially a lie or at least an exaggeration (not sure I'm buying the "officers later confirmed it" SS that weren't shared). Since that time, how many times have you brought Zaide up in a public forum, Atabishi? Versus the other way around? Spiraling obsession, indeed.

Either way, good drama boys. Too bad TEB isn't rerolling on Mischief.

TEB vs Faceless on Mischief woulda been fun after all this drama. Then again, there's a lot of overlap. A ton of Faceless-affiliated people are in TEB (or were, IDK) so there's a good chance they're going to be somewhat gutted by Zaide and Krim's guild once Mischief launches.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coka

Golden Squire
TBH the Baja Blast thing is more of clever use of game mechanics than cheating. I mean, he HAS the money and is willing to give it, but the NPC doesn't want to accept the coins in gold and silver and just wants plat.

Also Taco Bell has some gamer bros working there sometimes and they'll gratas that Baja Blast for you more often than not, ESPECIALLY if it's the only thing you get. I had to DEMAND to pay for mine once after a 3 streak of them just giving it to me for free.

Yeah they would be like WOAH! It's Speed record world champion Atabishi! I recognise you!

Have a free Baja Blast bro! See you tomorrow!

I mean it wouldn't surprise me if the egomaniac wore a T-shirt saying don't you know who I am? but still

How do they recognise your're a gamer bro?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
They don't recognize shit. They're just dudes who know dudes like a free Baja Blast and hook them up. It's an unsaid bond between two adults, nothing to do with popularity. If you get the cook in on it too you get the fattest, thickest 1 dollar burritos you've ever seen too. Just gotta get the right crew who don't hate the world and their lives.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Yeah they would be like WOAH! It's Speed record world champion Atabishi! I recognise you!

I mean it wouldn't surprise me if the egomaniac wore a T-shirt saying don't you know who I am? but still

Wore, or you mean wears now?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The dudes workin the counters of a taco bell for $8.15/hr are definitely going to give a shit about some dude paying to refill their cup and will absolutely make it difficult and try to stop it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

thumb_fat-gamer-nerd-meme-54376746.png

Yeah, what kind of Sherlock Holmes could deduce such a thing??

• 4Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
thumb_fat-gamer-nerd-meme-54376746.png

Yeah, what kind of Sherlock Holmes could deduce such a thing??

Back when I used to work at a Gamestop, we had several recurring male customers who were starting, about to start, or already in the process of transitioning into women.

Literally all of them looked like this picture

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user