Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
im late to the party but its funny how one side is arguing a guilds expansion clearing time is cheating by warping while the other side also cheats with myseq but since its not warping its okay to count their time lol

inb4 someone says myseq isnt really cheating, but it is and it makes pulling/splitting raid mobs 10x easier
Well, they both cheat with SEQ. Level playing field and all that.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I mean even fucking casual guilds have a core of people that use SEQ, it's become ubiquitous to the point where you are at a serious disadvantage for not using it, even if it's just checking for the OW targets that the batphone guild isn't going to come and snipe from you. Or just grouping.

Warping on the other hand isn't that common or at least is kept on the down down low.

But yeah cheating is cheating.

The Lance Armstrong reference is funny but everyone knows he is just the high profile case that got caught, most of the guys immediately behind him were probably using shit too but didn't get caught.

Not sure what point im even trying to make, we're all cheating fucks pretty much, lets see some more Bishi drama or something.

Utanix

N00b
You're an idiot. Stop reading random threads and pretending like it's an original response.

Is heroin the same as marijuana?

Are steroids the same as adderall?

Is 60 MPH above the speed limit the same as 10?

No, and neither is a tool that is used in about 85%+ of the community and one that less than 1% uses.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why would doing some low-level raids with alts and your main be a bootable offense? I wouldn't think they would be on the schedule.
Because we were doing PoTimeB, not exactly low level raids. 40 toon time raid. He's scared of competition.

Fragile Ego stuff when 40 ALTS do raids better than your full splits.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Fragile Ego stuff when 40 ALTS do raids better than your full splits.

LoL all this drama came at an interesting time for the small group I'm in. Just had a guy bail our guild because he felt like we had a ton of dead-weight and alts winning blind bids (we use a bot, so no player manipulation) over mains.

He joined TEQB last week after DKP dumping Quarm.

Funny seeing all the drama over there is because of...dead-weight and internal drama.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
LoL all this drama came at an interesting time for the small group I'm in. Just had a guy bail our guild because he felt like we had a ton of dead-weight and alts winning blind bids (we use a bot, so no player manipulation) over mains.

He joined TEQB last week after DKP dumping Quarm.

Funny seeing all the drama over there is because of...dead-weight and internal drama.
90% of the guild is dead weight.

Our 40 man was out dps'n full splits in VT 😂

The only time TEB raids would out perform our group in terms of sustained dps, was OW 200 people zergs.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
90% of the guild is dead weight.

Our 40 man was out dps'n full splits in VT 😂

The only time TEB raids would out perform our group in terms of sustained dps, was OW 200 people zergs.

Yeah, I've always been more a Smaller group is better than a nameless big group person. One, because if you struggle a little bit, it makes people try harder. Nameless big group? No one cares if someone is afk in the corner.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
The "dead weight" shit is every guild. And it's probably true, but never to the extent the people complain about it. This is EQ. What are you going to do? Have your 10 "good" players start boxing 2 more boxes each and start sucking shit at raids to replace 20 people who do marginally? That's fucking stupid. Every guild has "bads" "average" "above average" and a healthy amount of "everyone else is bad (but really I am average)". Shit irks me so fucking hard having people who don't parse high for their class but show up and help others in guild versus dicklords who go balls deep on bosses, pull aggro and die, and then blame everyone else. Yeah, I'd rather have 44 year old Dayjob Danny who doesn't parse but doesn't constantly fuck up trying to burn brighter than everyone else.

The BEST is when these people try to do content in their "elite" groups outside of raid times and end up sucking shit, getting buttmad at each other, and quitting or gquitting because of their own egos. Happens every guild, every server.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
The "dead weight" shit is every guild. And it's probably true, but never to the extent the people complain about it. This is EQ. What are you going to do? Have your 10 "good" players start boxing 2 more boxes each and start sucking shit at raids to replace 20 people who do marginally? That's fucking stupid. Every guild has "bads" "average" "above average" and a healthy amount of "everyone else is bad (but really I am average)". Shit irks me so fucking hard having people who don't parse high for their class but show up and help others in guild versus dicklords who go balls deep on bosses, pull aggro and die, and then blame everyone else. Yeah, I'd rather have 44 year old Dayjob Danny who doesn't parse but doesn't constantly fuck up trying to burn brighter than everyone else.

The BEST is when these people try to do content in their "elite" groups outside of raid times and end up sucking shit, getting buttmad at each other, and quitting or gquitting because of their own egos. Happens every guild, every server.

Dude the conversation that I'm trying to get through to people is that our gear back in the OG 20 years ago was SO bad compared to what we have today...AND WE STILL DOWNED THINGS...

we didn't need a fucking glyph AA, we didn't need 42 more of X class, we rolled in, died a few times and then killed the boss. A few people got salty because we wiped but the average person didn't care.

People are so fucking concerned with min-max in EQ that it's just silly.

As for the pull agro part, man I can't say much, I play a mage and I pull agro doing 2 abilities on a boss after it hits 75%. Pop frenz BO (on a fire pet in melee range) and Servant of Ro, wait 30 seconds, get summoned and die. Not much I can do other than sit somewhere and make a mouse-macro as well as a in-game hotkey to spam some nuke once every 10 seconds.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider

Thankfully I was neither the dick lord or day job Danny.

I'd always parse exceptionally well on bosses, and parse top 10 on full clears being the main puller.

As for the elite groups, I mean, we killed errything in era with the alts.

Not sure of what you're trying to get at though.

The thing I'm getting at, is if we're doing 40 man raids with 8-10 actual people, and outperforming 72 man raids, there is Absolutely dead weight that can be trimmed. TEB is filled with useless people. This has been the case since the guild started with mass recruiting.

Sterling

El Presidente
You're going to get a lot of shitters if you're mass recruiting at the start for OW raiding. You want to have enough people to kill a 3 AM dragon? You're probably going to have some bads.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
And it's going to be that way with the two big guilds on Mischief/Thornblade. They already have hundreds signed up, sure there are a lot of OG guys coming but they will absolutely be shackled with a bunch of dead weight.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
This has been the case since the guild started with mass recruiting.

Man why did yall do that?

I don't think there would be 1/2 the animosity from the server on TEQB if yall didn't have a revolving door for invites.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I think a lot of guild leaders are paranoid about the next TLP gutting their guild or something, so they just mass recruit everyone with a pulse, zerg ow stuff then split the shit out of DZ's to keep all the hungry mouths fed.

Then if a bunch leave for the next TLP the worst thing that happens is they might have to drop a split or something.

Meanwhile guilds that try to do "more with less" lose a couple of key players they have to fold or merge into a guild like TEB

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man why did yall do that?

I don't think there would be 1/2 the animosity from the server on TEQB if yall didn't have a revolving door for invites.
Don't ask me, ask the guy who wanted to be #1 by any means necessary.

Screenshot_20210520-180314_Chrome.jpg

I mean #2, sorry. Had to independent fact check

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
FV is going to be maybe the biggest zerg I’ve ever seen if half these guys hit 50 and we really aren’t trying to recruit, we made one guild post on the forums and that’s mostly it.

We are really in the era of the zerg now. AoCs opened the door and there is no reason not to have the fattest guild possible. Not even just to cover 5am Trakanon but because it makes you attrition proof.

So many people quit every expansion in TLP that guilds start folding by Velious and never stop. Whenever a guild dies all the members who don’t quit just join the other guilds. In the end the whole server will be in a single guild.

The only way to stop ever larger zergs is for them to provide a solution at the design level.

I wish it wasn’t true but that’s just the way it goes.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
TEB exhibited the same pros and cons of most top OW guilds that came in TLPs past. Approximately as clean, motivated, probably more organized than any that I've been in. All of these guilds had a tail of bads, they need to. All the non-ow guilds cry about the zerg recruiting. All had cliques.

No matter how bad an engage or how many people were AFK, I don't think it was ever even possible to wipe prior to PoP. So I don't really get the talk about carrying the guild and parses and everything. A quarter or more of those 72 man raids were probably fully afk. Only real differentiator between TEBs times and other guilds times are probably 1 part planning (which always seemed quite good) and 1 part having enough people that could stay awake for 35 hours straight. There's definitely a huge disparity in skill between the top and bottom, but lets not pretend that skilled players or lackthereof is a driving force behind the guild's success in any material way up until now.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm glad I'm a bad and don't make claims like beating up 3 navy seals at once.

(No, i will never let something so hilarious as someone who spends massive amount of time playing Everquest and yet can still match 3 trained fighters in peak physical health in a concurrent fight)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone thinking there is this massive difference in "skill" in this game is delusional. Especially in a raid setting. I've seen people massively outplay others in a group sense, but in a raid? Who fucking cares. Its just a massive zerg of dmg, and you hope the mob dps doesnt spike where you have a gap in the heal chain. Thats literally the entire fucking game for multiple expansions on a TLP.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
TEB which was like M&M on Mangler just mass recruited. That's perfectly fine for what they wanted to do. You need as many bodies at all times and you need to get as many poopsockers as you can afford. You're bound to get some good players who want to play all the time and you're bound to get a lot of casual people who just want to insure they can raid targets with what time they have online and you're going to have shit players who want to get carried. Our guild doesn't run boxes and for the most part it makes us much, much more time efficient, but it's a bit disheartening near the end of some of the shittier expacs when we only have 42-48 people in a raid instead of 54. But then an expac launches and we have 60 people have to sit people. But then 3+ weeks later it's back to a nice 50ish people in raid and blowing through shit without worrying about OmeggaMage or Xdarklourdx's thirteen boxes not autofollowing correctly and bringing down the house on a raid.

In the end times though with non boxes you're basically scooping up real players as the bigger boxer guilds can't split or lose boxers to the next TLP. The boxers all kinda go to the same guild with decent leadership and then end up splitting up into two guilds in one.