Everquest - Would you play on a Selos-FV Hybrid TLP server

Would you play on a Selos-FV-Multibox-Mercenary TLP server?

• Total voters

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Not that I really care, Pharone Pharone , but where are you going with this? What are you trying to achieve with the polls? I'm suggesting you that you "dont" make a new poll. If you can make a poll that has no immediate impact on the whim that it "may" get noticed by some developer, then what is to stop another forum poster from doing them same, then another, then another.
It's purely personal interest. If I wanted to play a server of my personal desires, I would just fire up my EQEMU server. Why would I need DBG to make something for me. I just want to see what the so called majority actually wants.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I want a onebox and everything nodrop server. Tss start, level capped at 50, +1 level unlock every 2 weeks.

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I want a onebox and everything nodrop server. Tss start, level capped at 50, +1 level unlock every 2 weeks.
At first I thought you was saying level capped at 50 for ever. I was like man Gates of Discord is going to be brutal as fuck LOL

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Frankly I'm not gonna bother trying EQ again because the number of players on these servers is just too low and it's too frustrating to log on, see no groups available and knowing that because of the lack of players waiting for an hour will be utterly futile so you might as well immediately log out again. I have a level 28 cleric and I think a level 37 warrior on p1999 and man it sucks to see the few people within your level range have already formed full groups and there's fuck all you can do.

As for this specific server, why start in PoP and release expansions? What exactly is worth playing after PoP?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's purely personal interest. If I wanted to play a server of my personal desires, I would just fire up my EQEMU server. Why would I need DBG to make something for me. I just want to see what the so called majority actually wants.

Well, it seems weird to make another poll with extreme granularity when the first one only got 20 votes total. I don't think you're going to get any idea of what a so called majority wants from that.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Frankly I'm not gonna bother trying EQ again because the number of players on these servers is just too low and it's too frustrating to log on, see no groups available and knowing that because of the lack of players waiting for an hour will be utterly futile so you might as well immediately log out again. I have a level 28 cleric and I think a level 37 warrior on p1999 and man it sucks to see the few people within your level range have already formed full groups and there's fuck all you can do.

As for this specific server, why start in PoP and release expansions? What exactly is worth playing after PoP?

I've had poor luck each time I've tried to get involved on a TLP that was a few expansions in. Doing what you can at server launch and at the launch of each expansion in anticipation for the content you want to see is how you have to go. It's kind of a shame because it means the game is dictating to you when you have to play it rather than the other way around.

Boxing isn't for me but I think a standard three month unlock timer start at vanilla server with FV style loot and full boxing would be super popular and take no effort to implement.

yerm

Pop sucks. It's autism + fear of the unknown + nostalgia combined that cause people to nope out right as god, which is fantastic and not at all as broken as in 2003, gets released.

Don is just flatly better than ldon. Dodh is the literal best expansion for the collector/completionist types who often loudly call for slower unlocks. Tss has the best leveling up arc eq ever released, a great quest driven and story filled path all the way 1-75. This shit only fails because people don't want to do good eq content, they want to do easy and familiar eq content.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
GoD is a trash expansion.

Mobs hit too damn hard for non raid geared toons. Moving through zones just to get to places is a pain in the ass, especially for boxes.

The raids themselves suck...im looking at you Uqua.

DoDH just killed any urge I had for boxing on a truebox server. Why yes I love all these spiral staircases and multiple levels to levitate across with boxes in tow.

• 3Like
  • 2Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

yerm

God was toned way down. See invis mobs were also heavily reduced, you have literally one named bro per outdoor zone, they're easier to navigate than most vel luc etc zones with invis. Kt is the only challenge but was toned down and easy now. You can port to qvic+ from natimbi. Inktuta is one of the best raid zones, tacvi is far superior to most other final end raid zonea, and uqua only sucks because you have blockers causing mismatched speed for boxes the rest of it is solid raid content (or all of it if not boxing).

Dodh was literally designed with "fuck boxers" in mind. Raids like performer were set up to fuck boxing in its asshole - like they admitted it, bragged about doing it. So yeah, if boxing is your cause of complaint, this ones probably the worst.

Kunark was kinda shitty to run through what with only 1 port spot, Velious was about as bad as it gets for zone crossing, luclin was better but still had shit like katta quite possibly the single worst zone to run through. Calling god or dodh bad is only because they come after pop/ldon and don respectively, which dont do travel. Meanwhile, pop as a non raider is just outrageously worse than god without raiding, far more locked out zone access and a much bigger damage spike up. God is not what it was pre wow, and not even close to what it was on combine, its EASY now. I was soloing shit on a cleric in era, I just couldn't do ixts without help - mage box and I could. Easy.

Sterling

El Presidente
Performer wasn't bad boxing, Hatchet is something else though. And not sure how anyone can hate on TLP GoD, it's maybe the single best expansion on TLP.

yerm

Performer definitely stutters boxers. I assume at least without mq2 its just a big call for attention on top of the chaos versus for me its a half second blip of lost time.

Hatchet meanwhile keeps wrecking our single boxers. Dudes playing one dude are who fall to the ground, while boxes like vera and healer run or duck or hop on his dick flawlessly.

Sterling

El Presidente
Performer definitely stutters boxers. I assume at least without mq2 its just a big call for attention on top of the chaos versus for me its a half second blip of lost time.

Hatchet meanwhile keeps wrecking our single boxers. Dudes playing one dude are who fall to the ground, while boxes like vera and healer run or duck or hop on his dick flawlessly.
Sure, but that wasn't my personal experience. I ran 3 characters for performer all the time and you get so much time to do the emote that it's not very hard, the only time you should miss it is as a tank that gets summoned out away from the area. Hatchet is real annoying if you get different emotes on more than 1 character at a time though. People fucking up hatchet while not boxing are just bads.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Just don’t box whole groups? Most expansions after PoP are superior to PoP. If anything some of them need to be tuned up, Anguish is just free loot these days.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
  • Multibox permitted
  • 3rd party software officially permitted for keystroke broadcasting
  • No unattended gameplay permitted (No bots allowed)

These rules are completely incapable of working together. You simple won't ever get rid of botting completely and if you allow keystroke broadcasting and mass boxing you're gonna have lots of trouble with bots.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Fv loot is a whole other beast. Because top raid loot is tradeable it makes obsolete raids even more worthless, and by extension non-elite raid guilds even more worthless. But at the same time, because gear can be redistributed, the need to farm is diminished, so content is consumed even faster. You have an environment where the fast guilds move even faster while the slow guilds have less of a carrot for raiding / less feeling of ownership. If the server moves selo like the inner circle style guilds feel shit on, if it moves phinny like the amtrak style guilds are bored silly.

This is before even touching the worse problem of rmt. Some people who quit sell, but the majority of folks hold their accounts. Fv loot means you can dump your character's gear for krono without ever doing something illegal. Anyone you know who quit and later decided to return? Not here, if they quit chances are they cashed out too, who wouldn't. Even people who haven't quit might cash out. Back when raid loot was tradeable it was impossible to get folks to be egalitarian with shit like upgraded tormax gear, why would fv ruled anguish armor be different? The temptation is huge, the pressure is ugly, and the leadership is in a hell of a bind plus a huge spotlight against even perceived corruption. Every kill is potential real money drama.

Nah FV loot really isn't like that at all. People generally don't sell high end loot in era. It also incentivizes people to go back and "meth" old raids. "lower tier" guilds can more easily fill out a roster with raid capable toons so they actually have more of an ability to raid and plenty of reason to still do so since the high end loots won't be on the market much. On FV server rules "cashing out" is less profitable so people actually do it less not more. Then it also has all sort of positives gear out new or returning members and people who want to main change ect.