Evil Genius

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Evil Genius

Genre: Crime, Documentary

First aired: 2018-05-11

Overview: This baffling true crime story starts with the grisly death of a pizza man who robs a bank with a bomb around his neck -- and gets weirder from there.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is on Netflix.

I remember this being in the news headlines over a decade ago. Never heard how it ended up. It does not disappoint.

Last edited:

Cybsled

I remember this. Heist was like something out of Saw in terms of puzzle plot (guy had to go on a scavenger hunt to defuse the bomb), but then it got weirder. If I recall, the 1 guy they didn't suspect ended up being the mastermind and played pretty much everyone, but by the time they figured it out, it was too late to bring him to justice.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea it's an interesting watch. Some pretty fucked up people. You're kind of right but not really and I won't say anymore so as to not spoil it for those who haven't watched it.

One thing that's interesting to think about is whether the pizza delivery guy was culpable or not and if the others should have been convicted of his murder. On the one hand even the rest of the group who were all convicted gave testimony that he tried to back out and leave the meeting but was forced at gun point to put on the bomb vest and go through with it. On the other hand if that's really the case why would they have given him a loaded gun and why was he acting so casually about it while robbing the bank?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea it's an interesting watch. Some pretty fucked up people. You're kind of right but not really and I won't say anymore so as to not spoil it for those who haven't watched it.

One thing that's interesting to think about is whether the pizza delivery guy was culpable or not and if the others should have been convicted of his murder. On the one hand even the rest of the group who were all convicted gave testimony that he tried to back out and leave the meeting but was forced at gun point to put on the bomb vest and go through with it. On the other hand if that's really the case why would they have given him a loaded gun and why was he acting so casually about it while robbing the bank?
Spoiler response...
He was obviously of low intelligence. He had to of known what was going on to some degree. You don't give someone you just kidnapped a loaded shotgun.

He was probably mentally handicapped and lured in by the excitement of it, coerced, threatened, and ultimately forced to follow through with something he didn't want to do when it was "go time". I think the important thing is that didn't come up with the plot and he was not a willing participant.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database