Exanima

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So I did a quick search and didn't see this game posted.

Exanima is a kickstarter project from 2015 that is still plodding along. It is currently an early access Steam title that just received a large update in July. The game is not finished but very playable. It has two main modes a story mode and an Arena mode. The main draw for this title right now is the combat. It's unlike any other game I have ever played, in a good way. Basically it's a diablo esque physics based dungeon crawler with a heavy simulation vibe.

The controls are difficult to get a grasp of and combat usually ends in your gruesome death at first. But once you start to get the handle of the concepts and controls, holy crap is it a satisfying feeling when you land that crushing strike to some slob's face.

The best thing you can do is to jump straight into a new game with no clue as to what you are getting into and just get destroyed, it'll be fun. Then when the frustration starts to mount head over to the arena to hone your skills.

Exanima seems to be a test bed for technology that the developer hopes to use on a much larger game world called Sui Generis. I hope they finish their projects, the development pace has been rather glacial so far. I only recently purchased the game on Steam but it has definitely felt worth the $15 admission fee.

I hope they implement Multiplayer Arena at some point... that would give this game a ton of value.

Anyways here is part of why the game is really fun:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This has been in development for a long time now but I had fun with what was available awhile ago. The rubbery, drunk like movement of the character put me off at first but once I learned how to move and play the combat became fairly satisfying. Buy it if you want to experience a physics based combat engine that has a few levels and a lot of zombies you can kill with a variety of weapons.