Exanima

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This popped up on Youtube last night and I couldnt' stop laughing. It's a souls like RPG where you play like you're drunk, I figured some of you might get a laugh out of it.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Popped up in my watch queue this morning as well!

The part where the character got stuck in the ladder after falling while trying to see if he could break crates was actually funny. Looks like me trying to break crates with a sledge hammer....

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
No idea, I have never heard of it or looked into it. Not something I would play, but it would be funny to watch other whom are good at souls game play it. I just wanna get blazed and watch a stream of someone I know playing, I'd probably die.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
This out now? it was in EA for quite a while.

It's at 0.9 at the moment, hit EA in 2015. I have it in my library. Played it last in May 2016.

They've added skills, magic and levels now. Saw a stream from Bikeman when it hit 0.9 in October which was their biggest update yet. Their 0.8.6 update was in July 2022 to give an idea of development pace....

It's a dungeon crawler, but very "hard". Example in dungeon crawling you continuously go down levels, and there is usually only one health pot per level. Loot things you find. Character model is like that video, the model is very "grounded" so to speak. You stick to the floor and you move realistically I guess? You can't just flip around and move quickly. It bumps into things as you move and you can fall down and that gets worse the heavier armor you have on.

As they described it "This sort of thing is our true passion, we want to create a believable world, and to us that's all about how it behaves. We originally didn't make our game physics based because we wanted awesome combat, that was really a gigantic detour from our true goal, driven by feedback. The physics is there because we want things to be truly interactive and less artificial, everything should behave in an organic way rather than according to a simple set of rules and predefined actions."

It's actually a very interesting game. 1.0 is probably in a year or two. Currently has 11 story levels, with 2 to go for completion of story. Currently they're working on updating terrain graphics, npc behavior/story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user