Excel help

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've got two things I'm trying to do with Excel, and I can't figure out how to do them. One is a lack of knowing how to code macros, and the other is a lack of knowing what terms to search Google for. I figure that someone here probably knows right off what I'm trying to do, so that's why I'm asking.

For reference, I'm using Excel 2007, but if you can get me close enough to the solution in any version that will be a huge help.

The first one is simply taking a bunch of tabs that have similar information on them and compiling them all into a new tab. In other words, if I have a tab for Company A, Company B, ..., Company Z, each with varying amounts of information but all similar as far as columns, and I want to put them all into one tab for sorting purposes (leaving the original tabs alone) without simply copying and pasting every range of cells manually. I found some examples of how to make a macro for it, but none of it really makes sense to me, and adapting it for my purposes isn't working. And of course I want the macro to be something I can click and run anew each time so I can get the latest information when I want it, but it doesn't have to be something that constantly updates in real time (not even sure that is possible, or that I'd want it to since I'd be sorting in-between running it).

My second task should be really, really easy but I can't figure out how to phrase my search string to find out which function will accomplish what I want. Let's say I have one tab of several columns of data. In the next tab, I have a series of drop-down boxes which allow you to choose from the first column of the first tab. When I do that, I want the rest of the information related to that specific cell to copy across the subsequent columns. Here, I'll try to draw it out. This would be what the first tab looks like:

So if I choose Bravo in the second tab, it will automatically copy 2, Banana, and BMW into the three cells after it. This is useful to me because I might be using Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc. in many different combinations, and I might change the #, fruit, and car associated with them, and I don't want to have to manually change every single instance that they occur in the second tab, and I also don't know in which combinations I'll be using them at any given time. So simply updating the first tab and then choosing the combinations I want in the second tab is the easiest way to accomplish what I want. I just need to know what function call I can use.

Hopefully someone knows what I'm trying to get at here and can help. Thanks in advance for your time.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Found my answer to the second task, it involves using the VLOOKUP function if anyone else finds that information useful.

Kleenex_sl

shitlord
This VBA code should work for your first problem, or at least get you started. I tried to comment it pretty well so that you could change as needed but let me know if you have questions.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You are fucking awesome. Seriously, that is so easy to understand even without actually using it yet, that I don't think I'll have much in the way of a problem getting it to work. I may have to PM you if I can't get it working exactly the way I need, but I'm hoping it is as easy to implement as it seems.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. +1 for you!

Kleenex_sl

shitlord
You're welcome, I hope it works for you. And thanks for the +1, nobody at work ever tells me I'm fucking awesome!