Exodus: Riddley Scott does DeMille

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looks like a rehash of Pompeii but they will drown at the end instead of burn, wtf are they doing putting so much of the ending into the trailer? I hope there's more to it than that.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
the movie that would rather use white people then the people based on the fantasy ... they call them Egyptian they do exist.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Guy who did the screenplay for this has written the screenplays for the following:

Schindler's List
Searching for Bobby Fischer
Clear and Present Danger
Gangs of New York
Money Ball
The Fincher directed Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
American Gangster

If this sucks it wont be because of a bad script, it will be due to the studio fucking with it like Kingdom of Heaven. Anyways you can always tell a Scott movie from looking at it, it sure looks like it has brilliant Cinematography, and I am willing to place the blame of Prometheus on Lindelof, so I am cautiously optimistic for this.
Exodus: Gods and Kings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

28% so far, total bust

I am wondering why Bale signed up to do this? Surely he knew it would be awful, or did he negotiate some crazy backend deal and was hoping that Exodus would be another half a billion dollar hit thanks to Christians screening this everywhere like they did with the Passion of Christ?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Of course it was going to be awful. Same shit as Noah.
And probably it's jewish batman, just like john connor batman in terminator salvation

Feien

Ploppers
At first it felt like Ridley Scott was doing a rehash of Gladiator, which at least wouldn't have been as bad, but the movie goes downhill quickly. I almost fell asleep half way through it, and the only reason I didn't leave the theater is because I'm stubborn. One of the worst movies I've seen this year.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Of course it was going to be awful. Same shit as Noah.
And probably it's jewish batman, just like john connor batman in terminator salvation
Noah had a 78% RT rating, I didnt see it, but it sounds like there was a lot of positive feedback for Aronofsky's vision.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really don't care about RT. I saw it and it's fucking dumb. It's a very straightforward story/tale/whatever but he tried to put action, swords and shit, just to appeal to the non-christians.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last Scott movies (Prometheus, The Counselor) are so awful I'm not even gonna bother watching Exodus in a theater. It's too bad he's still tied to Blade Runner 2.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Last Scott movies (Prometheus, The Counselor) are so awful I'm not even gonna bother watching Exodus in a theater. It's too bad he's still tied to Blade Runner 2.
I haven't watched the counselor but I always hear people talk about the second half being much better

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Noah had a 78% RT rating, I didnt see it, but it sounds like there was a lot of positive feedback for Aronofsky's vision.
I kinda liked Noah it was like the weird lord of the rings version of the flood story.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One thing I found amusing in the exodus movie was portraying god as a petulant child.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Well, it is sort of a "take your ball and go home" kind of move to flood the entire planet because your creations aren't acting they way you want them to. I could picture Cartman doing that if he was God. There was no bible at that time so I'm not sure how people were supposed to know how to act either.

^ Yeah.

Flood: The dude wiped out every man, woman, child, puppy, and kitten on the planet because some of them were being bad.

Tower of Babel: Somebody built a tower too high, so now I'm gonna scramble all your languages.

Tree of Knowledge: You two disobeyed me so I'm condemning all your offspring for all of eternity

Sounds either like a petulant child breaking his army figures or else a real psychotic asshole.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
^ Yeah.

Flood: The dude wiped out every man, woman, child, puppy, and kitten on the planet because some of them were being bad.

Tower of Babel: Somebody built a tower too high, so now I'm gonna scramble all your languages.

Tree of Knowledge: You two disobeyed me so I'm condemning all your offspring for all of eternity

Sounds either like a petulant child breaking his army figures or else a real psychotic asshole.
You forgot the one where we killed his son so he made his priests rape our children. That one was fucking hilarious, we got totally punked there.