Expeditions: Rome

Randin

Trakanon Raider

I never played Expeditions: Conquistador, but Expeditions: Viking was a lot of fun, even if it could sometimes have a little of that indie games jank. Really looking forward to this one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah this looks interesting. Pretty sure my dads playing it day one.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
They've put out a free demo; supposed to be the first 4-6 hours of the game.

I'm personally inclined to wait for the full release, but if anyone's interested.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I played Expeditions Conquistador and enjoyed it. Them saying that this game is like four times bigger than all their other games is promising. I'm tempted to pre-order while they have the discount but I don't know how polished it will be at release. It seems like games these days are buggy messes at release.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The game is launching today; this also comes alongside the odd news that after launch, the developers are shutting down so that a number of them can re-form as a new studio dedicated to blockchain games. THQ Nordic owns the IP now, so that's not necessarily a death knell for the series, but still... weird-ass combo to hit with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The game is launching today; this also comes alongside the odd news that after launch, the developers are shutting down so that a number of them can re-form as a new studio dedicated to blockchain games. THQ Nordic owns the IP now, so that's not necessarily a death knell for the series, but still... weird-ass combo to hit with.
LOL did they save the "we're shutting down" news for launch? If so, these guys can get fucked. I'll wait for a deep, deep discount.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
A dev responded about that on the steam forums: Logic Artists close down... :: Expeditions: Rome General Discussions

First off, not everyone who worked on Expeditions: Rome will join Dynasty.​
Secondly, as others have pointed out here, the Expeditions series has been owned by THQ Nordic since before Rome began development. The creation of Dynasty will not affect the support of Rome nor the DLC plans.​

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
A dev responded about that on the steam forums: Logic Artists close down... :: Expeditions: Rome General Discussions

First off, not everyone who worked on Expeditions: Rome will join Dynasty.​
Secondly, as others have pointed out here, the Expeditions series has been owned by THQ Nordic since before Rome began development. The creation of Dynasty will not affect the support of Rome nor the DLC plans.​
Uh huh. And the creation of a new studio doesn't just "happen" overnight. These guys knew well in advance. The fact they weren't transparent about this a while back and did a, "SURPRISE!" makes is all very suspect and reek of bullshit.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Uh huh. And the creation of a new studio doesn't just "happen" overnight. These guys knew well in advance. The fact they weren't transparent about this a while back and did a, "SURPRISE!" makes is all very suspect and reek of bullshit.

The article is from a month ago. I agree that it's an issue that needs to be specifically addressed though, I shouldn't have to dig through the Steam forums to find that.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Unlucky, I was going to pull the trigger on this this morning (regardless of future DLC, etc, I enjoyed the game enough to pick it up) and it's since jumped up to full price.

Oh well, will wait for sales or a moment of weakness myself. Like 5 new games on Game Pass today to distract me from that :p

I never finished the Demo, as bad as my gaming ADD gets I should make myself finish that before buying it anyways.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I was wondering the same thing.

I played the demo of this and it seems like it should be solid but I just can't pay $35 for a game any more. I'll wait a year for when it goes more on sale.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The first two games in the series were a fantastic amount of fun. I bought this full price and feel quite content with having done so.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
the fuck is a blockchain game

I've been just ignoring all the noise about this stuff (including NFTs), make a good game and if it does something innovative with that shit then I'll care. Until then it just seems like buzzwords for funding.