Factorio

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Friend and I did the 8 hour achievement, and are working on the "lazy bastard" achievement, which has been hilarious. Both on vanilla with a few QoL mods. Once I modify space extension for bob's, we're going to go full insanity mode and try that out. I imagine our mega-factory will cover the entire planet.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This game is going to make me fat. My trips to the gym have gone from 3 to 0 times a week, and my save games are entitled "Bed time" and "Time for work". God damn.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
What. The. Fuck.

That's Rain-Man level shit right there. I'm assuming it doesn't play the music, but just the "video" the factory is playing is goddamn mind-blowingly impressive.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So I'd heard of this game, even read a bit of this thread at the time thinking it wasn't for me. Boy was I wrong. Really got the itch now, and we beat it with 6 people in 20 hours at a LAN this weekend.

What a game.

Just now seeing the Factorissimo mod mentioned in the last page or two... holy cow. Not sure I'm ready for bob's mods yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I played the demo yesterday and loved it. I just bought it and this is about to consume my entire life I just know it.

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it took over our LAN this year, no reason to see why it won't for the next few years. They're about to release a nice update to add nuclear power and other updates. Check out the news section in Steam for the different things it covers. Some of the mods are pretty damn amazing too.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
How hard is it to set up a multiplayer server?
Not at all. I did it through the main menu ingame and told my buddies to search for the game name/gave them my password.

If you don't want to do that, you can rent a server for like $6 a month and just connect directly to the IP.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, we did the former at a LAN. You can even have teams so you can't interfere w/ others factories, and there are mods that give extra control over permissions. We just did a vanilla default random seed world though.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
One of my co-workers recommended this after we were talking about our kids playing Stardew Valley. A couple of days of minimal sleep and piss poor work performance later and this gets a double thumbs up from me. I looked at some videos when I started and was totally confused but I think just playing normally does a pretty good job of forcing you to learn all the mechanics. I went from spaghetti belts, to a main bus, to sushi production loops, and have now started messing around with robots and trains.

Part of me really wants to try a Lazy Bastard run but it seems really masochistic.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The thing I love most about this game is it caters wonderfully to my near obsessive compulsion to make things more efficient. Once I've got to "end game" I find myself just recreating entire sections of my base to make minor logistical improvements, then just sit back and watch the flow of resources. Beautiful.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yup, this game is a math/engineering/science nerd's wet dream, typically.

v .15 is due out soon too, I believe. Hoping Bob will update his mods in a timely fashion, I'm about due for another dive in.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
0.15 next week. At least in testing.

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Factorio

The higher res graphics are great, love the way resources look in the ground now too.
a22b6069c6459547e06d85476ddbac538b7c4418.jpg

2daf3a5c64b7317c321ba9e37c34956208501048.jpg

• 1Like

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Damn, I love this game - but always just accepted that it would look like a steaming pile of dogshit. But I gotta say those screenshots are looking pretty decent!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I just played the tutorial, well, I think I understand why this game is heroin

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I caved and got it the other day. I actually found it kindof, ehhhhhh. Didnt remotely grab me like, Rimworld, etc.

• 1SJW