Factorio

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I still feel like a bitch whenever I think about Factorio and how I never beat Space Exploration.
I resumed my Space Exploration / Krastorio 2 playthrough last night.

ihnmotp.jpg

I'm rebuilding the entire thing using city blocks. I avoided doing that the first time because I liked creating artisinal factories, but am giving in because I'm looking at the impact of increasing levels of upgrade modules and other tech advances that will invalidate designs.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm an embarrasing 400 hours into my Space Exploration playthrough and the end is no where in sight. Meanwhile here's a time lapse of someone else beating it in 128 hours, which I think is the current record.

This guy is trying to get a sub 100 hour speedrun:

afaik Vanilla Factorio's best speed run is 1h22m which gives a sense of how much bigger Space Exploration is

• 1Mother of God

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Haven't messed with this myself, but fucking awesome.

FUE5 is a fan-made project we've been working on with my friend Nuke for the past 5 months. It's goal is to see what would Factorio look like and behave in 3D. This project is a 3D visualization environment which is able to import bases from the Factorio game and seemingly replicate their behavior. It contains no gameplay, however you can fly around and visit your base in 3D.​
FUE5 Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5dWyyH5wcU

• 1Mother of God

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

FUE5 is a fan-made project we've been working on with my friend Nuke for the past 5 months. It's goal is to see what would Factorio look like and behave in 3D. This project is a 3D visualization environment which is able to import bases from the Factorio game and seemingly replicate their behavior. It contains no gameplay, however you can fly around and visit your base in 3D.​
RIP my GPU.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm an embarrasing 400 hours into my Space Exploration playthrough and the end is no where in sight. Meanwhile here's a time lapse of someone else beating it in 128 hours, which I think is the current record.

This guy is trying to get a sub 100 hour speedrun:

afaik Vanilla Factorio's best speed run is 1h22m which gives a sense of how much bigger Space Exploration is

Fuck me I shouldn't have checked this thread. My wife is going to kill me if I ever get back into this game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Year 2 of Space Exploration concluded with some 500ish hours in. I just unlocked the Space Elevator and decided to put the game down until next year. This is easily the hardest, longest and most complex game I've ever played. The depth of the tech tree, variety of components and complexity of even basic systems is astonishing. There are several major milestones where major parts of your factory could be totally rebuilt in order to integrate new technology, deciding when to rebuild is non-trivial and I think I'll finish the game with a total factory size that's less than what I have currently.

I expect to totally finish the game in the next iteration next year, but it might literally take a fourth year depending on what the late-game content is like.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I don't understand how someone (or someones) had time to design SE mod. It's literally a brand new game.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Next stop Py?
Py seems boring.

Like, the dramatic increase in complexity in SE is only fun for me because it's helping me reach far beyond what the base Factorio game has. Building a complex interplanetary factory and then researching ways to make it more efficient while constantly rebuilding the factory from new tech + what I learn is really cool.

Sitting around on a planet putting together 8 different pieces that make a up a screwdriver so I can turn a screw? lol, pass.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
holy fucking shitballs. They've been basically silent about 2 years or something after the announcement. Also saying that it takes about 80 hours for an experienced player to complete is very interesting. I can't wait to megabase the shit out out of it. Pump 300 hours into a single save and then abandon it because I'm a retard who can't set up a functioning train system without bottlenecks. I really really hope they make the vanilla tech tree a bit more complex. I'm not talking about seablock level of mindfuck but a slightly simplified version of SE would be great.

Let them take a year to finish it. I got time. At current pace it will take me at the end of this year just to finish the first run of BG3.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah this sounds really good to me. As someone who can't enjoy the ridiculous complexity of SE, this should be perfect for me. Timing should hopefully be good too. I don't know of any other games I want coming out around next fall or winter yet.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
holy fucking shitballs, this changes like 90% of everything. Only thing left is elevated belts

• 1Mother of God