Factorio

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
holy fucking shitballs, this changes like 90% of everything. Only thing left is elevated belts

Train throughout will be massive with this.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That sounds insane, love it.

I hope they work on the scale-up of installation, at some points the game become a bit boring and would love to see bigger buildings that cost a few millions steel but can mine a whole field or dring lakes dry within second. 4-8-16-32 lane conveyors, etc.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That sounds insane, love it.

I hope they work on the scale-up of installation, at some points the game become a bit boring and would love to see bigger buildings that cost a few millions steel but can mine a whole field or dring lakes dry within second. 4-8-16-32 lane conveyors, etc.
I doubt they'll do anything like that. Krastorio 2 offers some endgame production features , but I don't know of any mods that add something like 20x20 miners. Krastorio 2

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I doubt they'll do anything like that. Krastorio 2 offers some endgame production features , but I don't know of any mods that add something like 20x20 miners. Krastorio 2
20×20 miners don't make much sense anyway when Mk3 armor can have enough Mk2 roboports to near instantly drop down an entire patches worth of miners.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
20×20 miners don't make much sense anyway when Mk3 armor can have enough Mk2 roboports to near instantly drop down an entire patches worth of miners.
I wouldn't want it but I could see people building megabases in mostly vanilla loving a 20x20 miner that had 20x fully loaded belts shitting out one of the sides.

• 1Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah but when you're doing this for the nth time it's getting boring. In my last play, a single ore field generated 30ish blue belt, and laying down these belts will suck your MK3 armor's batteries in a few seconds.

Factorio endgame is when you launch the first rocket, however this is where the fun begins in my opinion. I hope the addon will give us way to create bigger structures (scaling up instead of numbering up, or both)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

this is pretty wild.

I always kinda thought of the upcoming Space Expansion as being a subset of the Space Exploration mod, but much of this are new concepts that would fundamentally enhance the Space Exploration mod, making me wonder about a future replay of the mod.

• 1Like

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Due to modding API limitations, SE's spaceships get rather complicated to automate with combinators and so on, in contrast space platforms automatic scheduling is literally as simple as automating trains.
iu

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Installed and played 4 hours yesterday for the first time in ~6 years. Took me awhile to get my sea legs again.

I used to play with Bob's stuff, and various "make the game a bit more complex than it was in vanilla." Playing vanilla yesterday was weird, I kept trying to figure out how the fuck to get inserters to change to 45 or 90 degree angles, apparently this was a Bob's thing, who knew?

What's the recommended mod package for autists these days? Just Space Exploration? That one seems to be inclusive of many things, including Bob's functionality?

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Installed and played 4 hours yesterday for the first time in ~6 years. Took me awhile to get my sea legs again.

I used to play with Bob's stuff, and various "make the game a bit more complex than it was in vanilla." Playing vanilla yesterday was weird, I kept trying to figure out how the fuck to get inserters to change to 45 or 90 degree angles, apparently this was a Bob's thing, who knew?

What's the recommended mod package for autists these days? Just Space Exploration? That one seems to be inclusive of many things, including Bob's functionality?
Personally, I really like Krastorio 2 and Rampant. I get off on a constant struggle to the death against swarms of bugs on a deathworld, and krastorio expands your arsenal adequately (nuclear artillery ftw). Allegedly, though I haven't tried it for myself as my current computer is a potato, Rampant and Space Exploration don't get along with one another; looking to build a rig some time this year and try it, turning the deathworld into a deathgalaxy.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I went the other direction and simplified things a little the last time I played, I liked making ribbon worlds. Where the height of the map was only 1-3x the height of my screen, and I had to expand outward in either direction.

Factorissimo2 was always my favorite mod.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What does K2 do such that you need it in addition to SE?
K2 adds a bunch of advanced factory stuff. If Krastorio 2 doesn't appeal to you it's not needed.

Depending on how you plan on playing, because of the upcoming space changes I don't even know if I can recommend Space Exploration until it adopts the changes. I think a typical playtime to beat SE takes some 600+ hours. Personally I'll probably end at ~800 hours spread over three years :| If your experienec is like mine, SE might be vastly improved by the time you start and you'll have to choose between "old" and "new' SE since a restart will almost certainly be required.

If you're the kinda guy that will bang out 600hours of playtime in three months, now isn't a terrible time to do it.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
K2 adds a bunch of advanced factory stuff. If Krastorio 2 doesn't appeal to you it's not needed.

Depending on how you plan on playing, because of the upcoming space changes I don't even know if I can recommend Space Exploration until it adopts the changes. I think a typical playtime to beat SE takes some 600+ hours. Personally I'll probably end at ~800 hours spread over three years :| If your experienec is like mine, SE might be vastly improved by the time you start and you'll have to choose between "old" and "new' SE since a restart will almost certainly be required.

If you're the kinda guy that will bang out 600hours of playtime in three months, now isn't a terrible time to do it.

Finishing it isn't quite as important as just enjoying the level of scope and complexity while I'm playing it. Sounds like SE will be fun to fuck with for now until the Space Age expansion.

meStevo meStevo good call on that Factorissimo mod, that's the one where you can build factory buildings with magical "the inside is bigger than its footprint" situation right? That was cool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Everything about the expansion is looking amazing. Other game devs should take a page out of Factorio's book and release when it's actually ready. You can tell they are super polishing it before releasing. I would rather wait and have an amazing experience than be let down and have to wait for patches to fix everything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users