Faeria - Strategy TCG

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
I saw this on Tornis's stream the other day. It's a strategy TCG that's currently in closed beta. Keys are available if you fund the kickstarter.

I find the game fun so far. It honestly reminds me of a cross between Magic: The Gathering and Settlers of Cataan.

The game is NOT micro-transaction, thank god. It's a one time purchase. Cards are obtained by playing matches against other players.

http://www.faeria.net/
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tegy-card-game

bayr_sl

shitlord
One of the few things I've backed because I just like the hybrid board/tcg combo. It's a bit on the janky side since it's all in flash at the moment but they are planning on porting it to unity engine. I think it's gonna be a pretty sweet game in the future

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So I originally played this way back when the Kickstarter was active etc and had stopped because I got frustrated with how toxic the tiny community was and that the devs only wanted to listen to those extremely toxic players. I was pretty good at it, was winning the early player ran tournaments etc.

I noticed in my email today they are relaunching it (apparently they took it down and rebuilt it from the bottom up?) and had a steam key. It's a fair amount different, but a fair amount the same. I think I'm going to put some time into it again and see what I think.

There are a bunch of solo quests it seems you want to go through to get cards. Also in the email there is a kickstarter bonus that you get a choice of either 30 boosters + 10 arena tickets + avatar + orb art OR a full playset (it specifies every card in the core set as well as the ranked mode, I'm not really sure what to think of that). I haven't chosen what to pick yet, as I figure I'll see how things work first

Edit: It has a full cash shop now. You can buy boosters, avatars, and orb art. You can buy a full collection for $49.99

Northerner

N00b
I gave it a go on the free weekend (which amuses, given that it'll be free/PtW eventually) and I guess I'm just not sold. Their take on lands is not bad and the wells and tiles thing might have a little potential too I suppose but I'm still not sure that I *like* the tweaks.

It is worth checking out if you like this sort of game but it sort of reminds me of Scrolls. Not bad but not great and so there's little point to it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The original version was way better, then they tried to make it simpler/too much like Hearthstone and it got worse. Plus the dev team working on the game is pretty awful.