The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
whole bunch of shows going on sale soon, presale just started

July 26 Austin Music Hall Austin, TX
July 27 South Side Ballroom Dallas, TX
July 28 Bayou Music Center Houston, TX
July 30 Masquerade Music Park Atlanta, GA
July 31 Red Hat Amphitheater Raleigh, NC
August 1 Skyline Stage at the Mann Center for the Performing Arts Philadelphia, PA
August 2 Merriweather Post Pavilion Columbia, MD
August 4 Blue Hills Bank Pavilion Boston, MA
August 5 Madison Square Garden New York, NY
August 7 Ricoh Coliseum Toronto, ON Canada

presale password is : superhero
go get em bros

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Starting a three night run tonight. Getting rave reviews so far from each show.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Good times last night in Chicago, tonight's show is streaming live from Detroit on yahoo

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
It's delicious...different than any other FNM album but familiar. Was anxious to hear it on album after hearing most of it live. Love it. Wierdest part for me was it not starting with a slam like every other FNM album, this one goes in gentle.

p.s Separation Anxiety...holy balls wow

Barab

Of the new songs not previously released digging Rise of the Fall as well.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The bastards are on Fallon tonight. Probably be Superhero, I don't think Motherfucker is feasable.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The bastards are on Fallon tonight. Probably be Superhero, I don't think Motherfucker is feasable.
They posted on Facebook this morning it will be a new "new" song. So it might be a b side. Some of their best work always is. (see edit)

I don't have the sauce handy but there's a fantastic interview in Rolling Stone that explains the breakup and reunion. I consider myself to be a FnM expert and I didn't know half the shit in the article. They've really ditched the "let's bs everyone for fun" persona and grew up.

edit: The new "new" song was a joke FnM pulled after someone posted this shred video claiming it was a terrible new song
tongue.png

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
its about to go on here, hoping for separation anxiety but I know it wont be. So happy they are getting some recognition again.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
extra song, Easy.
http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/128116
still think if they had played Separation Anxiety it would have wrinkled peoples fucking brains but I get it. Sometimes I think I'm living a dream and its not possible my favorite band is actually putting out this album and are on the tonight show. Fallon seemed really fucking pumped to have them on the show. Pretty cool.

Barab

I thought they nailed Super Hero...thought it was better than the recorded version

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Album is finally out, its so good. Still getting rocked by the middle section. So good.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Album is finally out, its so good. Still getting rocked by the middle section. So good.
The first two tracks are my favorite. Album is unique. They've brought everything with them, I hear Bungle, Imperial Teen, and Tomahawk just on Superhero alone.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
tracks 4 5 6 for me. Cone of shame has the most Tomahawk sound for me. Separation Anxiety is, for me, the most FNM sounding of all the songs on the album with the sheer amount of menace and darkness underneath everything. Billy is fucking killing it on bass and not even playing anything that hard, but its just so awesome. Makes me think of songs like Cuckoo for Caca and Ugly in the Morning, and Jizzlobber though it doesn't sound like any of those. The slow grower for me is Rise of the Fall (this one is the most Bungle song, for me), its going to be the RV or Caralho Voador of this album where it takes a bit but ends up being one of the best just because its so out there.

p.s. I realize how stupid it is to compare FNM songs to associated bands. FNM for me has always been the core of this "alternative metal" sound. But there are definitely leanings in certain directions from this band that lend to the "sound" of associated bands. Just absolutely fucking thrilled that this band put out an album full of songs that sound great, move forward, and mean something 18 years after blowing up. I streamed this album over the PA at work the other night after hours and half my crew came up at some point and gave me the "what in the fuck was that" reaction in a good way.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I still can't get past around 1 minute into Superhero. It's "Rape this Day" by Tomahawk
tongue.png

Album is getting mostly positive reviews. 82 on Metacritic right now.

Barab

Looks like they are hitting the festival tour this summer including Chicago's riot fest

Jait

Molten Core Raider
They played with Metallica tonight in Munich. Waiting for an upload on the off chance Jim Martin came out.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
They played with Metallica tonight in Munich. Waiting for an upload on the off chance Jim Martin came out.
slim chance. I think they are done forever with Jim. When they asked him to be a part of the reunion, apparently he asked them to send a contract and thats when Bill knew it was just never gonna happen again. Shit Chuck's been back with them twice so far for a few songs, and Trey played with them in South America when they did the entire King for a Day album, and he left them high and dry and in a tough spot just before touring that album. I just think Jim is, and probably always was, just too far off what the rest of them are all about for it to work in any capacity.