Fall 2017 Anime Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wasn't sold on the premise but started it after reading about it here. Ended up watching four in a row, wife digs it too.

(fuck that slug)
I read the manga a few months back then I saw this and thought, for reals???

Reason is the manga looks like a manga for 6year olds... While the anime looks gorgeous...

Don't pick up the manga lol, if yo you want to know what happens, you can ask, I'll spoiler .

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
God damn, book 7 got awesome towards the end. The Hestia familia is now 6 dungeon explorers and the goddess herself. They keep growing. They had Freya actually kill off Ishtar. When a god/goddess suffers mortal damage in this world, they release a power which prevents their death. That power is also forbidden from being used in the "real world", and they are sent back to the world of gods, never to return. The world of gods gets boring, which is why the gods come to Earth to live among the adventurers. They aren't able to really do anything, but they love gossip and being alive / having a familia is a great source of entertainment.
So anyway, Ishtar's power activating to save her life sends her back to the god world, but also disbands her familia. Everyone that was a member is now a free agent. Hestia takes on one of these people, who assumes the role as a supporter for their dungeon party.

On to book 8. I'm now 1/4 of the way through this one, and it's starting off different. This book started off feeling like the 4th issue, which contained mini stories, but that doesn't seem to be the case the more I've read. At least not the way they're written. The 4th book jumps around in the time line. Book 8 is telling smaller stories that all exist during right now. Bell still loves Aiz Wallenstein of Loki family, but suddenly the leader of that family, a prum named Finn, would like to marry Lilly. That's the girl who is Bell's supporter.
tumblr_oixyvkGnrV1qekr89o3_500.gif

And he will leave the Loki family and join the Hestia family to do so. He's also level 6, so the same as Aiz. He's considered one of the strongest 5-6 characters in the world of DanMachi. I'm really enjoying these books. I'm sure most of you could give a shit, but the anime was so damn good, that it sucked me in. And now I'm enjoying the complete story.

Anyway.... Yeah, I have a lot to keep reading. Book 10 was released yesterday on Amazon. And book 11 comes out the end of April. These are so fucking good. Must keep reading! Once I catch up here, I'll get back into Sword Art Online. Really glad I started reading these light novels.
I finished book 10 tonight. Damn, that was much darker than the previous 9 books, which all ended on a high note.
I like the introduction to "smart monsters" with book 9. It adds an entirely new element to the story. These monsters can kill other monsters and eat their dropped stone to grow stronger, similar to how an Adventurer gains experience. It's a neat idea, but also makes things difficult for Bell because he no longer wants to hurt any monster, just in case they're the friendly "smart" kind. What I'm not a fan of, is now these monsters have become the driving point of the 10th book as well. It was still decent, but also evil. Looks like it's going to make up the entire 11th book too.

Quick one sentence spoiler of books 9 and 10. And summary of book 11.

9.) Bell befriends "smart monsters" to prove that monsters and people can become allies.

10.) Hunters go after "smart monsters" and Bell fights along with the monsters, earning himself the title of Traitor.

11.) Above ground monsters want to return to dungeon but Loki family stands in their way, so Bell decides to fight Loki so they can go home.
Oh well. They're still good stories. Bell has the craziest shit happen to him on a daily basis. Most people would have offed themselves by now.

Last edited: