Fallout 4

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
cad-20151120-a9fc8.png

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
God damn. Going to the FO4 subreddit just shows me all the autistic minecraft kids have come out of hiding to build ridiculous shit in FO4.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hopefully the patch allows you to easily query a settler while in build mode to see if they're assigned to something or free

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also, I might have to abandon the survivalist pistoleer. Got to the quest where Danse sends you after
the missing patrol. I did the national guard area just fine, but the fucking satellite array is impossible without sniping at least ONE of the super mutants. The blast radius for football nukes also seems much, much larger on survivalist

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hopefully the patch allows you to easily query a settler while in build mode to see if they're assigned to something or free
I think we'll start to see a decent amount of QoL improvements from Bethesda. They know this franchise is making them a shitload of money, so why not throw in a little extra manpower and hook customers even more? Great way to show you give a shit instead of just throwing out DLC you have to pay for, then telling everyone to fuck off and enjoy their bugs.

Or "Hey guys buy this game for 60 bucks because STAR WARS....oh what's that? Yea dude our season pass is $50....no no it's not $110 for the game, it's 60, then 50 for the DLC...god you can't even do math!"

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've played this way too much and starting to feel burned out.

Think I'll progress the story line tonight past where I'm at and see what comes about.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've played this way too much and starting to feel burned out.

Think I'll progress the story line tonight past where I'm at and see what comes about.
If you feel burned out or that shit is starting to get really easy, keep that save and start a new one. Do something you haven't done before on survivalist, something hard. Pistoleer is fucking ROUGH.

Tenks

Also, I might have to abandon the survivalist pistoleer. Got to the quest where Danse sends you after
the missing patrol. I did the national guard area just fine, but the fucking satellite array is impossible without sniping at least ONE of the super mutants. The blast radius for football nukes also seems much, much larger on survivalist
Do you have access to artillery? Maybe sneak in and throw a smoke to have them shell a few mobiles.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you feel burned out or that shit is starting to get really easy, keep that save and start a new one. Do something you haven't done before on survivalist, something hard. Pistoleer is fucking ROUGH.
Apparently (according to people online) if you make a new character it actually automatically makes a new save profile, and so when you go to load you choose between them. Haven't tried it myself though.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If I remember right...
I don't think that quest actually requires you to clear out that Satellite Array, it just happens to be really close to the area/objective you're actually traveling to. But I did what you did, I cleared it out as well, since there was a legendary super mutant in there for me...took for goddamn ever even with Paladin Danse doing some decent damage with his laser gun, I just had to keep sniping heads from a mile away, I couldn't get anywhere close to the place or I'd get torn up quick

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do you have access to artillery? Maybe sneak in and throw a smoke to have them shell a few mobiles.
Not yet, have that quest pending. Haven't gone to Diamond City yet since Boston was a fucking nightmare at 15 on Normal...can't imagine it on Survivalist. Was hoping to get to 20 first. Unless I just get in a PA suit and sprint there, but that's pussy shit.

Apparently (according to people online) if you make a new character it actually automatically makes a new save profile, and so when you go to load you choose between them. Haven't tried it myself though.
Didn't notice that when I went and made my new one. Figured I would go in and change the save file name in my documents folder if I ever felt like getting back on my level 50 dude again (which I doubt I will)

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I remember right...
I don't think that quest actually requires you to clear out that Satellite Array, it just happens to be really close to the area/objective you're actually traveling to. But I did what you did, I cleared it out as well, since there was a legendary super mutant in there for me...took for goddamn ever even with Paladin Danse doing some decent damage with his laser gun, I just had to keep sniping heads from a mile away, I couldn't get anywhere close to the place or I'd get torn up quick
Problem I always end up having with that quest is if I don't snipe it, I'll be sneaking around and all of a sudden a rocket fired from the moon will go right up my ass. Super Mutants are the Chris Kyle of missile launchers.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I play a cmbination of pistols and rifles straight through.

Nah I judt played it way too much.

Need to move to the southern portion of the map and wander, and work on finishig out the main storyline at this point.

If you want pistoleer to be less tough, scope up a .44 or a .45 and get to hackin and whackin and smackin, choppin dat meat

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Problem I always end up having with that quest is if I don't snipe it, I'll be sneaking around and all of a sudden a rocket fired from the moon will go right up my ass. Super Mutants are the Chris Kyle of missile launchers.
That fucker on the array had a quad shot homing rocket launcher, I had to sprint in, then out to lead the dogs away, kill them, then sprint toward him and melee him down in vats.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I play a cmbination of pistols and rifles straight through.

Nah I judt played it way too much.

Need to move to the southern portion of the map and wander, and work on finishig out the main storyline at this point.

If you want pistoleer to be less tough, scope up a .44 or a .45 and get to hackin and whackin and smackin, choppin dat meat
Got me a pretty nice .44 that shoots a whole lot of nothing because that ammo is apparently rare as fuck even with scavenger 2.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hm. I dunno. Ive stayed between 300 and 500 rounds of the stuff pretty regularly.

I have one point in scrounger and keep selling ammo because I have so much. Like 1500 rounds of laser ammo, etc.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like someone made a difficulty map

Spoilering cause it has some locations listed. Even though you can't fucking read them.

qktiIVZ.jpg

Telestin

Having never played a Fallout game before, I picked up Fallout 4 based on the recommendation of friends and co-workers. My first impression was that I was pleased that the game was very noob-friendly. I didn't feel completely lost because I had not played the other games. That being said, I played the game for about 5 hours, struggling to find something remotely fun or interesting to do. Since then, I have played for maybe another 3 hours. I fail to find what the big deal about this game is. I'm not finding it to be fun at all.