Fallout 4

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here we go. 3 Legendaries in the last 4 minutes. Boxing glove, tire iron, and 10% disarm chance right arm.

Awesome.

Sulrn

Deuces
Is randomly starting character after character, looking for early drops that match the playstyle you want, something that people will end up doing as a result of this? It just seems to me that so much of your success/failure can be predicated on random drops that I'm surprised there isn't some sort of "signature" weapon quest early on, so that you can at least get something to help you not suck quite as much.
You're guaranteed a 10m pistol, a pipe pistol, a .44, and laser musket at the start of the game. You can beat the game with just those 4 weapons being modded without unique. Why would you continually restart when you could just keep fighting legendaries?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of Preston, he's annoying as shit to max out faction isn't he? Don't want to swap him out for another companion until I get his ability, and still not gotten it yet (just Codsworth so far)

LOL - And right after I complain about it.... I screwed up his faction by being sarcastic and then raised it again and wham... might have capped and bugged before or something.

Caliane

You're guaranteed a 10m pistol, a pipe pistol, a .44, and laser musket at the start of the game. You can beat the game with just those 4 weapons being modded without unique. Why would you continually restart when you could just keep fighting legendaries?
dont forget minigun, powerarmor and a baton.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Speaking of Preston, he's annoying as shit to max out faction isn't he? Don't want to swap him out for another companion until I get his ability, and still not gotten it yet (just Codsworth so far)

LOL - And right after I complain about it.... I screwed up his faction by being sarcastic and then raised it again and wham... might have capped and bugged before or something.
I havent checked but you should be able to max Preston just through crafting really, shouldnt you?

Vaclav

I havent checked but you should be able to max Preston just through crafting really, shouldnt you?
Indeed, I should've - it worked IMMEDIATELY after I did some "dislike" actions. I remember seeing "idolized" pop up earlier when we were getting ready to do The Castle - but nothing triggered. I think I was bugged.

Sulrn

Deuces
Easiest way to max Preston is just to good guy up and run the missions he/minutemen send you on. Anytime you accept/complete a mission you get a nice bumb if you say the obvious thing.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I just...the risk vs reward for survivalist doesn't seem to be even remotely close to what it should be. I would use one of those "realism" mods that reduces the enemy HP, but that seems fucking retarded too.
I've always liked Realistic Weapon Damage. Damage multipliers are upped so a headshot is very often fatal for anyone, even you. You definitely die and reload a lot more until you get the hang of it, but the fights are fun and brutally fast.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Some people have talking as if they're screwed if they don't get legendary drops that work for them early on. Well, maybe not screwed per se, but I could see the argument that it could make a vast difference

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just realized that you can equip different bandanas and goggles on Dogmeat to give him an appearance upgrade... Holy shit I love this game.

Caliane

Some people have talking as if they're screwed if they don't get legendary drops that work for them early on. Well, maybe not screwed per se, but I could see the argument that it could make a vast difference
I'd put it this way. the game is combat heavy. If you do not make a combat ready build, or one with early power at least, it will be difficult. some legendary weapon mods are a HUGE power swing. Totally broken so. Finding GOOD regular mods is also RNG. you can bypass this with the appropriate crafting of course.
the result is, the difficulty you face in any given playthrough is going to vary wildly. The game is not remotely ballbustlingly hard. Unless you make a poor combat build.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
hqxOHeZ.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bladed Tire Iron isn't a legendary it just requires L2 blacksmithing to attach a blade to a melee weapon which is I think a level 17 unlock

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Is randomly starting character after character, looking for early drops that match the playstyle you want, something that people will end up doing as a result of this? It just seems to me that so much of your success/failure can be predicated on random drops that I'm surprised there isn't some sort of "signature" weapon quest early on, so that you can at least get something to help you not suck quite as much.
If I've already beaten a game like this and want to try something goofy, I have no problem doing a player.additem. Otherwise you're just playing a worse diablo loot simulator.

Vorph

Bladed Tire Iron isn't a legendary it just requires L2 blacksmithing to attach a blade to a melee weapon which is I think a level 17 unlock
Blacksmithing is really poorly done. Practically nothing can be modded at rank 1, it's all rank 2 or 3. I ended up scratching it off my melee build entirely.