Fallout 4

Enos

Trakanon Raider
Its been years, but it sounded like two separate dates. 12.11.13 and 11.12.13. The 12.11.13 is the first date given then 11.12.13 and then loops.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
Fallout 4 ....

rrr_img_49687.jpg

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
Either someone is trolling hard or thesurvivor2299.com is truly somehow connected to Bethesda.

The first screenshot has the Vault-Tech logo and a countdown going. Currently 24 days 13hr 57 min.

vidDTYN.png

Also it appears Bethesda has just filed a patent/trademark for fallout 4

QVaGBZ5.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I hope they deal with more plausible evil shit than they have been. Religion, racism, slavery, and sexism should be hardcore in this environment. Of them only slavery has gotten a limp portrayal. They should also stop being pussies about vehicles. Walking everywhere is tarded.

I'll play it, and I'll enjoy it. The setting is too awesome not to, but if FO3 was a TV show I'd probably change the channel. Man I'd love a good post-apocalyptic program. All we get is garbage like Revolution/Defiance/Fallen Skies.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
I hope they deal with more plausible evil shit than they have been. Religion, racism, slavery, and sexism should be hardcore in this environment.
Yeah, it definitely felt like Bethesda was avoiding the more controversial stuff from the previous games in Fallout 3. While I usually end up playing some goody two-shoes character I like it to be by choice and not because someone was to chicken to put the options in the game.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Religion was in FO3, was even a small story in a patch (or was it in a DLC?), mostly a nod to the Mushroom Cloud Church in Wasteland tho. Slavery was in both FO3 (kids in Paradise Falls?) and the DLC "The Pit", and neither story was very "light". Racism is in the form of the "normals" vs the ghouls, hell even Galaxy Radio goes on about the racism and slavers.

Personaly I would like to see a Fallout in the "early days" after the nukes, but I doubt that will happen. While I liked FONV, I think the further they move into the The New California Republic times the less interesting it gets. The fun, for me, is to explore the crazy remains of the fallout world, not this "new wild west" thing.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully Bethesda has learned a few things from obsidian. Fallout new vegas improved Fallout 3 in nearly every aspect. Racism is kind of relevant in the ghoul/mutant aspect, but I think that overall Fallout has never been about emphasizing the darker aspects of a post apocalyptic world. Rather the fun mutant/50s inspired sci-fi technology aspects. Hopefully we'll see some more from the commonwealth.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Religion was in FO3, was even a small story in a patch (or was it in a DLC?), mostly a nod to the Mushroom Cloud Church in Wasteland tho. Slavery was in both FO3 (kids in Paradise Falls?) and the DLC "The Pit", and neither story was very "light". Racism is in the form of the "normals" vs the ghouls, hell even Galaxy Radio goes on about the racism and slavers.
But if I remember correctly the PC was never really involved. If you look back to FO2 these things impacted the PC more directly. You could side with the slavers and you could even sell your companions as slaves. Or you could take down the organization. Your choice. Short on caps? Go out and kill stuff or make some money from selling drugs or prostitution.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'd prefer it if they did it like Witcher: "In the process of doing "good", you fucked up this thing, fucked over that guy and these guys weren't punished."

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Unlikely as long as Fallout is developed in North America
frown.png

Then again, as long as it's moddable, I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
These awkward convoluted choices in quests never resonated with me. The best moral choices were more subtle and driven by player desire, greed and ambition. Most quest-based moral choices involve choosing a personality for a character (good/evil, typically) and then being offered a good or evil choice in a quest with basically similar rewards. When some guy asks you to blow up a nuclear weapon in megaton it becomes silly because the only reason a player would do that is because they know it's a game and they want to see some shit.

Fallout games work best when you're surviving and moral choices are much more relevant when you need to choose the evil path to survive. Helping a town fight off a horde of invading mutants isn't a good or evil choice, it's just the smart thing to do. But when you're out in the middle of the desert, are irradiated and thirsty and find an undefended hermit with supplies he won't give you the moral choice is clear and compelling.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
every game with a morality slider needs to take a page out of knights of the old republic 2's Krea. she was, by far, the most enlightening character about morality.

"that guy is homeless and poor, what do you do?"
"i give him some of my money!"
"WRONG! now he's expecting hand outs and drains the resources of those around him without adding anything back to society!"
"oh... uh, i don't give him any money..."
"WRONG! you have abandoned a fellow person in need of help! and you call yourself good..."

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I never liked 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' character choices. Surprising bad outcomes from well intentioned decisions are realistic but they are still annoying and make you not care about the world. Maybe it's just the lawful good in me but I like to enter in a world of shit and travesty and leave it a paradise.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I never liked 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' character choices. Surprising bad outcomes from well intentioned decisions are realistic but they are still annoying and make you not care about the world. Maybe it's just the lawful good in me but I like to enter in a world of shit and travesty and leave it a paradise.
As long as my pockets are full of caps and my backpack full of ammo. Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the 50 Cal Sniper Rifle.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
no, i'm with you. i can't NOT play the paragon of virtue and truth. my point is that it's WAY too easy to be good and evil in video games. being evil should result in poeple coming after you, stores not selling to you, quest givers not talking to you. being good should result in being fricking poor. turning down quest rewards because the destitute woman that you just saved from some gang members probably needs those gold coins more than you do. people offer you all kinds of quests, but they take advantage of you because they KNOW you're not going to break their knee caps if they give you an old cloak they have lying around instead of their grandfather's diamond longsword of ethereal vorpal-ness +3.

being evil or good carries no inherent weight in video games. i mean, there was SORT OF weight, like you said, about blowing up megaton, in that the town was gone from that point on... but... so? you were doing your shopping elsewhere at that point in the game. there wasn't really any REAL repercussions of LITERALLY NUKING AN ENTIRE TOWN.

Sean_sl

shitlord
These awkward convoluted choices in quests never resonated with me. The best moral choices were more subtle and driven by player desire, greed and ambition. Most quest-based moral choices involve choosing a personality for a character (good/evil, typically) and then being offered a good or evil choice in a quest with basically similar rewards. When some guy asks you to blow up a nuclear weapon in megaton it becomes silly because the only reason a player would do that is because they know it's a game and they want to see some shit.

Fallout games work best when you're surviving and moral choices are much more relevant when you need to choose the evil path to survive. Helping a town fight off a horde of invading mutants isn't a good or evil choice, it's just the smart thing to do. But when you're out in the middle of the desert, are irradiated and thirsty and find an undefended hermit with supplies he won't give you the moral choice is clear and compelling.
Frankly I think "moral" choices are stupid in most games and I'm not a huge fan of any kind of meter for it. Especially in Fallout. There should just be choices that you make or you don't make and it's up to you to determine whether or not you feel there's a morality behind any of them. I think that your actions should haveconsequences, but the game shouldn't have a "good" or "evil" thing behind them.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, those are pretty much the most obnoxious things ever. Damned if you do, damned if you don't only comes off well if they really setup the situation before hand and it'sclearthat the situation is really bad/fucked up. Surprise Buttsecks is not cool.