Fallout 4

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
PC version looks a lot better than the ps4/xbox, too, from what I've seen.

Can't post webms here though so can't demonstrate it.
Pretty sure you can just .webm to .gif instead and you don't attach it (why does anyone attach files here) you put it in img tags.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just see the cumulative impact of high Int resulting in me being able to fully flesh out my character easier. Faster levels means higher special sooner, more perks etc. It's kind of like starting weaker for a stronger mid -> end game.
so you're rolling a wizzy?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Guy has some evidence the int bonus is 10%. It's not definitive without knowing the leveling curve or perks, but 10% would be pretty good.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So 1% per point then, as expected. It's not like you'd have 1 IN ever, so the difference is really only like 5-6% at most. Hacking is a given at IN 4, plus there's the mystery perk at IN 5 which may or may not be desirable early on.

spronk

FPS noob
I broke my general no-preorder-digital games rule and preordered this on PS4. Needed $50 more to hit the get $15 back when spending $100 promo, plus that lets me leave my pip boy edition sealed. Its nice playing without swapping discs and stuff and I figure this game has probably got 80+ hours to finish the main storyline, which is more than enough to justify digital. just hope it doesn't suck

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Vorph

The interesting part of that post is the python script about a third of the way down the page.

In the end, there's still little reason to start with more IN than you expect to want for your perks. If you go only need 4 but bump it to 10 for the xp, then you gimp yourself for 32 levels before it begins to pay off. If you want 6 IN for EWs then bumping to 10 still gimps you for 31 levels. The only anomoly is going from 9 to 10 which pays off much faster (L18).

And again, this is still based on not knowing what perks 5, 9, or 10 are, what the req/effects of higher ranks of any of them are, etc.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Maybe, but there are other factors to consider.

1. Beth seems to think you will be about level fifty when you are near the end of the game (basing this on the last level achievement and the last perks having lvl 46ish level requirements).
Exp bonus/no level cap is great but if you have done most of the content then its just grinding. If you have 10 Int then you may be lvl 75 but does that really make you more effective?

2. Hp cap, its speculated that at some point your hp gains per level will stop.

3. Soft cap, again looking at the lvl 50, exp per level may skyrocket at some point making a lvl 150~200 too much of a grind. It may be more "fun" just to restart with a new build to try out something different.

Its all speculation but fallout 3 poured exp on you and in NV I never reached the level cap after completing all the DLC's and it didnt effect me at all. So Im not buying into the "start with Int at 9 or 10", I might
be wrong but hell its a single player game, Ill just reroll.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Someone with the pc version has posted up some screen caps and they look much much better.

rrr_img_114912.jpg

rrr_img_114913.jpg

rrr_img_114914.jpg

rrr_img_114915.jpg

Fadaar

That guy
That looks pretty damn solid for base game. Might not even have to mess with texture packs for a while but I'll have to play it firsthand to see.

Vaclav

Oh nice. Guess whoever was taking the other screenshots on PS4 was using a compressed version or something.
Color me surprised, those are PS4 actually? Gorgeous. [I was getting PS4 version anyhow, but good to see it looking so good]

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Those screens look great for ps4.

6% per point for xp bonus seems very high. Almost OP if it is true that you can put points every level in special. Most of the essential perks are low in the trees. Seems like you'd be gimping yourself to not take INT up pretty high. Nothing new there I guess, INT has always been a key stat but seems more OP now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
SPOILER This time information : fo4

I've been reading a Spanish forum where an user claims to have play the game and reveals some info about it, I don't know if it's true but here it is. I'll try to translate it as best I can, don't be too hard please. SOURCE
English recap: The game, even tough not so revolutionary, it doesn't look like in the captures but better, it's not really a bad game. Joined together the game world looks better than great, and the illumination is one of the best I've seen. It is true that it suffered some framedrops but, there is also much more on screen.

- DIFFICULTY: Very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard, SURVIVAL. They change damage, resistance of enemies and appearing rate of legendary enemies. Legendary enemies are harder and they have a chance of dropping a legendary item with unique characteristics like better critic chance or that refills AP when doing a critic.

- HUD color will be customizable by RGB sliders.

- Minigames for unlocking doors and terminals are exactly the same as in Fallout 3.

- About the size of the map, is hard to tell a size because it's quite small on the pip-boy but it doesn't seem small at all, there is a lot to find on it. Probably Skyrim's size more or less?

-COMBAT, WAY better. It is no COD but the FPS sensations are amazing, you notice every impact, the weapons recess, different characteristics between them etc makes it wonderful. There was a lot of place from Fallout 3 to improve so I was doubtful about what would they do, but you all can be calm about it. Also, enemy AI, without being super evolved or anything, it's way better. Enemies hide, get cover a lot, they go for you when you have little health or you're reloading (He's playing in hard mode). He says VATS it's completely not essential.

-Animations are flawless. People's faces, even tough there are some similar (particularly raiders) there are a lot, and way different ones from each other.

-He didn't like at all the dialogue system, and in 23 hours he's played almost no mission he was able to get out of just by dialogue. Although there was some "X person approved" like in Dragon Age/Mass Effect, there is no visible karma system, and that takes a lot of attractive to the diplomatic side of the game. He checked statics and he didn't see either nothing about reputations like in NV. He thinks it will probably work like in Skyrim and Oblivion.

-SETTLEMENTS: A very important pillar on the game. Some will love it, some will hate it. He thinks that, even tough he likes this kind of "microgestion"aspects from RPGS he thinks Fallout's it's a little bit harder and deep than he likes. They give sooo many options about it, and missions, and objectives that he think they take out weight from the rest of the game. ABOUT HOW THEY WORK: There are a ton lot of red workshop tables all over the world, some free and other ones occupied. Once you get to them (if the people occupying it are good people you'll have to do the typical mission to help them etc) you can do all that was seen on the demo, destroy everything, and build. You'll have to maintain the little, or bunch of humans on it with food, water, energy and beds. When they're attacked you'll receive a message and have the option to go help. It is very complete and you can invest a lot of hours making it really cute, have there your base with all your people etc, but he thinks it might be a little bit overexploited.

-WEAPONS: More about them, he has only seen like 12-15 base weapons yet, but he says that the weapons mods is crazy. Every weapon can easily have 25-30 different pieces that alter sadistics.

-LOADING TIMES: There are a lot of little houses that doesn't need a loading screen, but big buildings normally do. Loadings between buildings are normally really short, being fast travel loading longer.

-POWER ARMORS: Used almost like a vehicle. You get inside, you use it, you get out of it and it stays on that place. It gives them a more OP feel, but it is also way less "comfortable" to use.

-NARRATIVE: He says it starts a little bit weak, and it takes a little to get it up and running. In his almost a day of playing has only completed 4 because they're pretty long and full of things to do. Even tough, he thinks the way the story is going can be very interesting.

I'll go translating as he goes dropping information if you all are interested! He's answering right now to questions people ask him, so I might try to ask something, you can try it too! As soon as he answers (and I'm available) I'll get it here. (Last time updated: 11:15pm)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
See people talking a lot about exp bonuses. You really go for those? I rather pick the skills that reduce exp gain, because the vanilla versions of the Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3/NV games all have been way too easy once you start gaining 20+ levels. Even with level scaling, Skyrim on master made it so you died a bit in the early game, but once you got close to level 30, most enemies became as dangerous as mud crabs.

I had maxed the level cap in Fallout 3 and NV long before I finished the content for the games due to trying to do everything, exploring the full maps. Granted I don't know how Fallout 4 works (and I don't intend to theory craft it), but when I start, based on previous experience of these games, I will avoid any items and skills with + to exp, and autopick any perk that gives - exp. I want progression and difficulty to last as long as possible.

So, according to difficulty slider above, Survival mode it is!