Fallout 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not taking sniper perk?(Per 8), also it looks like we dont have to take locksmith/hacker to 4 to open everything, just 3. So you could reclaim a couple of points.
I think the first rank of sniper will probably be handy, but I think rank 2 will be more annoying than useful. I don't want to knock down something I'm trying to snipe in the head; if the first shot doesn't kill it, I want a clear shot at its head so that the second one (hopefully) does.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why do you think rank 1 will be handy? I never really had problems with breathing in FO3.

Vorph

Sure you aren't thinking of FO3 with FWE or some other overhaul mod?

Sniper rifles in FO3 sway a lot if you have shitty small guns skill, even when sneaking, and it goes away gradually until there's none at all at 100. FO4 seems to have replaced the lack of a gun skill with the ability to hold your breath to steady the rifle. Whether or not Sniper 1 is handy depends on how long you can hold your breath without it (and how much longer you can with it).

Cybsled

Honestly any theorycraft builds are kind of pointless until we know more about the game and start playing it. It might turn out having certain perks give you access to overpowered shit that you otherwise wouldn't be able to obtain and that won't be apparent until the game is released.

Vorph

At this point I'm just hoping to reduce the number of times I start over after several hours into the game from ~5 to 1-2.

You are correct though, we are missing some major factors still... itemization could drastically favor one type of weapon over others, bonus perks that you get from books could be game-changing, etc.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Take enough perception, agi, int and luck to make shooting fun and to allow you to hack shit and open locks and you'll be fine guys.

Seriously.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've never really been too awfully interested in min/maxing builds for Fallout, but whatevs.

Now if this was an MMO...oh God yes.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I'm gonna just wing it, but I doubt I'll be playing it for a bit. Good luck with that y'all.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I've never played a Fallout game more than an hour or so... I just assume they are gonna tune the encounters so even a non-combat focused character can complete the game. Makes me want to totally ignore all the DPS perks and take all the accessibility perks and hope for the best. Hence my heavy investment in PER/INT/CHA.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be miserable because I really don't like restarting.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've never played a Fallout game more than an hour or so... I just assume they are gonna tune the encounters so even a non-combat focused character can complete the game.
If you don't turn the difficulty up then yeah, you will probably be able to get through the game okay.

But if you want to play on a higher than middle of the road difficulty, gonna need some deeps.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
making of FO4: No idea if there are spoilers:
Making of Fallout 4 - Album on Imgur
I was waiting to see if someone would comment on how spoilery this was before I read it, but no one did so I bit the bullet (I'm a sucker for behind-the-scenes documentaries/articles). It definitely isn't spoilery for the plot, if you're SUPER sensitive to location spoilers (names of cities) then it lists a couple, but it was mostly developers talking about their process (their design challenges, scope discussions, sound design, world building, creating history for an area yet-to-be-seen in the Fallout universe, etc). I enjoyed it, but I very rarely *don't* enjoy these types of articles.

Cybsled

That PEGI 18 launch trailer is honestly the most "spoilery" shit you can find. Granted, I use the term spoiler because pretty much everyone is suspecting it anyways, but still.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
There are actual story spoilers being posted on the Fallout 4 steam discussion forum, and that video really doesn't spoil as much as you think it does if those spoilers are true, and I believe they are because I've also seen the same general stuff posted on /v/ the past day or two.

So while that video is a little spoilery, it seems more spoilery than it actually is, imo.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
What's funny to me is I've spent the past couple of days watching video leaks. I generally avoided streams because I didn't want too much spoilered. That release trailer really did spoiler more than any of the videos I've watched.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Could you spoilertag the spoilering spoilers? Need 3 threads, 3 new mods and lots of Nuka-Cola!

Shit, going to store.bethsoft.com is dangerous!

GMG now sending out keys, keep an eye on ya boxes....preload begins today @ 2100UTC.

0ivHg9q.png

https://www.facebook.com/GreenManGam...2162216?_rdr=p