Fallout 4

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I may have figured out what is wrong. Required a full driver uninstall and reinstall, and some fiddling in nvidia inspector along with some other stuff, but now I'm getting similar frame rates to what I was getting last November.

If anyone is interested I can try to write up what I did.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I almost got the season pass before the price went up but decided that it was very likely Far Harbor would be the only one worth having. Based on other people's comments, I think that turned out to be the correct choice. $25 is still a lot for one DLC, but not exorbitantly so (compared to the previous two DLCs) if it's true that it's 30+ hours of content. For Bethesda anyway; CDPR they are not.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Eh, Automatron wasn't bad. Wasteland Workshop was a total waste though. And since they're supposed to be planning more than just those three DLC I'm satisfied since I got it for cheap. I doubt I would have bothered with the season pass at it's current price though.

Caliane

in a way, what I want is workshop 2.o honestly.

I did like Automatron. And yes, workshop is mostly shit that should have been in the game.
But, these story DLCS. I don't play fallout for the story, and one or two quests. I play it, for the sandbox, and making my own stories from the game systems.
I want patches to fix the broken shit, and DLC that expands on the game systems. new levels of progression. Maybe a new faction. That actually plays out in the game world, not just 2 quests. Patrols the run around the wasteland, attacking Gunners, attack supermutants, etc. Automatron did add a new one, good. definitely that. more of that. A rival merchant caravan? A new "ending", and entire game system around building bases, and training the Minutemen? that. new settlement types, etc. farming settlements, entertainment ones, residential ones, milita training grounds..
Add seasons. Add real weather. etc.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like the story based DLC with the added stuff, though. I do want a Broken Steel style DLC that adds a lot more to the aftermath of the choices you made in the main game. And more companion stuff. It is nice they added Nick stuff, but I'd like the other companions to have story continuations as well.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
It would be hard for them to make something like Broken Steel in Fallout 4 due to them actually giving us the choise to go with 4 diffrent factions half-way through the game. The diffrent endings makes for a very diffrent aftermath except maybe Minutemen/Railroad. I think they did a decent job with Far Harbor, a quick nod to your faction of choise dealing with the main "quest", but beyond something like that it would be next to impossible to do a meaningful "continue the story" DLC.

Only option I can see (I am sure there are others) would be to drag something like the Enclave back as a new enemy threatning the commonwealth, something all the factions would have a reason to fight.... but that was sorta what they did in the first DLC (it was way to short thou). It would also only enable them to make an exclusive start to the DLC, how the player get involved, before going into generic country before, maybe, allowing a specific ending depending on faction.

Now... I hope they plan to release more DLCs that gives us new areas to explore. My new BOS outpost next to Far Harbor is larger then the actual town, surrounded by a 10 foot concrete wall with enough guns to turn the place into a parkinglot if something is stupid enough to come near (wtb Vertibird landingpads for airpatrols!).

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good DLC. Put a decent 10 hours into it before finishing off the main quest. The murder mystery quest in Vault 118 was fun. The VR memory thing was kind of cool, but that final puzzle sucked, mostly because it took forever to move all the damn data blocks everywhere.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Kinda changed my mind on the new survival mode a little. It has potential but designing it such that you can only save when you sleep in an engine as crash prone as bethesdas is awfully frustrating.

But the new mode does improve the sandbox aspect and makes settlement building slightly more useful since you want good hubs in each area to return to rest and craft at in survival to save headaches.

Its badly optimizied but the concept is decent, you can get sick and stuff from not staying on top of health concerns. It feels like an evolution from new vegas' hardcore mode, but shoddily implemented to some degree.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah hopefully we'll see some good modding on the new survival mode to make it more refined.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Good DLC. Put a decent 10 hours into it before finishing off the main quest. The murder mystery quest in Vault 118 was fun. The VR memory thing was kind of cool, but that final puzzle sucked, mostly because it took forever to move all the damn data blocks everywhere.
The puzzle sucked. Waaaay to long and clumsy UI for shuffling the stuff around, one area would be enough and I actually dread to do a replay with my other faction characters due to knowing I have to spend like an hour playing minecraft....

Sulrn

Deuces
in a way, what I want is workshop 2.o honestly.

I did like Automatron. And yes, workshop is mostly shit that should have been in the game.
But, these story DLCS. I don't play fallout for the story, and one or two quests. I play it, for the sandbox, and making my own stories from the game systems.
I want patches to fix the broken shit, and DLC that expands on the game systems. new levels of progression. Maybe a new faction. That actually plays out in the game world, not just 2 quests. Patrols the run around the wasteland, attacking Gunners, attack supermutants, etc. Automatron did add a new one, good. definitely that. more of that. A rival merchant caravan? A new "ending", and entire game system around building bases, and training the Minutemen? that. new settlement types, etc. farming settlements, entertainment ones, residential ones, milita training grounds..
Add seasons. Add real weather. etc.
I get what you're saying and agree, but at least as far as Skyrim was concerned the story DLC was how Bethesda accomplishes that. They fix bugs that would interfere with the new DLC, add new mechanics that give them flavor, etc. More importantly the DLC inspire the modding community to do what Bethesda fails to. Some of my favorite Skyrim mods are a response to features that should have been in Dawnbringer/Dragonborne.

But yeah, I finally bought the skyrim DLC for 4.99 as part of the "GOTY" edition a month or so again - going to do the same with fo4 their DLC aren't worth full price IMHO.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can we turn all females into big-titted futas yet? 3rd party mods helped Skyrim replayability so much since the core game is kinda shallow.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I downloaded the Creation kit thinking I would start messing with it, and while it kind of resembles the FO:NV/3 GECK, it definitely isn't. Couldn't even figure out how to get started :p time for some reading and video watching again I guess.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I have almost 3 days played time on my new survival mode character in this game, and I've just decided that my overriding goal for the entire rest of this game is to find every pompadour wig I can, and put them on all my npc companions that I can.

I hope I can put them on robots especially.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I've been pimping the fuck out of Sanctuary as well as playing the fun game of keeping 170+ mods stable enough so my save doesn't go boom.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I don't run a single mod and my game goes boom a lot on a 970.

We need to be able to upload our cities. My Sanctuary is a citadel, completely encased in concrete and covered in turrets. Red Rocket is a statue of liberty like museum which can now be seen from Sanctuary, with the Rocket building encased inside with lights around it. The Drive In is like Kelethin. Each city has a flavor, except a few that are just forts. Fun stuff.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah the game closes automatically on me every hour and a half with two 970s in sli.

I can't think of a single Bethesda ES or Fallout title that doesn't have that problem.

On the new survival mode, the settlement stuff is so much more useful because you want to build up plenty of water and food production sites all over the map so you don't have to travel far to restock and rest up. A big part of why that is is because the game crashes so goddamn much lol.