Fallout

Caliane

starting this up.

regarding, lucy getting beat up/winning in the vault. and strong female protagonist.
I think this goes both ways. They did a good job setting her up as capable. "im ok in rifle training" cuts to a very clustered bullseye shots. Vault dwellers get trained for combat.
weapons everywhere. armory, "break glass in case of emergency", with a gun, etc.
Raiders are typically untrained pyschos. streetfighters yes, but not actually military/combat trained. lucy starting the fight with improvised weapons might be iffy.
the biggest issue here probably is just that she stands out so much. the other vault dwellers were shown to be hopelessly naive and incompetent in a fight, save blond pregnant friend, and her dad. that probably could have been done better. majority of the vault getting locked off via security protocols. only a handful of vaultdwellers forced to deal with superior raider numbers. so the others could be shown as competent, but badly outnumbered, and surprised.

Tranny. hard to say. how much of the fallout super science is canon? should the tranny actually be 100% passing in fact? is full gender swapping via the medical machines and plastic surgeons actually canon?
Tons of drug labs. jet, etc.... possible that way a well.
would the brotherhood of steel give a shit? that im not sure on.

power armor cgi in ep1 was awful.

this does feel like its focusing more on the hyperviolence then story.

Last edited:

Bald Brah

Silver Squire
starting this up.

regarding, lucy getting beat up/winning in the vault. and strong female protagonist.
I think this goes both ways. They did a good job setting her up as capable. "im ok in rifle training" cuts to a very clustered bullseye shots. Vault dwellers get trained for combat.
weapons everywhere. armory, "break glass in case of emergency", with a gun, etc.
Raiders are typically untrained pyschos. streetfighters yes, but not actually military/combat trained. lucy starting the fight with improvised weapons might be iffy.
the biggest issue here probably is just that she stands out so much. the other vault dwellers were shown to be hopelessly naive and incompetent in a fight, save blond pregnant friend, and her dad. that probably could have been done better. majority of the vault getting locked off via security protocols. only a handful of vaultdwellers forced to deal with superior raider numbers. so the others could be shown as competent, but badly outnumbered, and surprised.

Tranny. hard to say. how much of the fallout super science is canon? should the tranny actually be 100% passing in fact? is full gender swapping via the medical machines and plastic surgeons actually canon?

Mary Sue
Every other character black
Trannies

Its Amazon's LoTR in power armor.

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

its not remotely that bad. at worst its another The boys.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I completed all of it. Sorta. I got lots more I could add to my last review of it in progress but it really isn't worth the time to type out between ticking off all the game point checkmarks, woke checkmarks, political checkmarks and climate/economy checkmarks, there really wasn't much substance left for the actual show. This could have been so much more. As it is, it is like WoT, LotR and other ventures Amazon has done. Watch once and done. It is clear why it was all dumped at once.

Speaking of WTFs Beacon 23 just ended season 1 3 months ago and season 2 is already started.

Cybsled

First episode was great - liked the vault. The kid who played the daughter in the intro was a pretty good actor - the “is it your thumb or mine?” delivery was heartbreaking

Seems to capture the spirit of the game well

Not sure why the usual suspects on the forum are crying about Lucy - she never once overpowered anyone unrealistically

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bald Brah

Silver Squire
First episode was great - liked the vault. The kid who played the daughter in the intro was a pretty good actor - the “is it your thumb or mine?” delivery was heartbreaking

Seems to capture the spirit of the game well

Not sure why the usual suspects on the forum are crying about Lucy - she never once overpowered anyone unrealistically
She didn't overpower a male twice her size and quadruple her strength with a knife sticking out of her gut? He just patiently waited and stuck his neck out for her to slice him when he had all the time in the world to slice her open from top to bottom.

If you've ever watched a frenzied stabbing they don't just quietly poke you once and let the knife sit there. She'd have had 50 holes in her before you could count to 10.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
I miss the times of suspension of disblief. You could play as a woman in Fallout 4 and do all the same shit as the male counterpart and I really dont remember anyone bitching, is it really all that different just because its a TV show?

No really, I am asking what the difference is.

• 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Does she, the main character, seem like a character that comes out of the vault with a starting stat distribution, like she got a couple of levels in her vault before leaving, or does she seem like someone who used a mod to have a better starting setup?

Odd thing to ask but something I am genuinely curious about.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Does she, the main character, seem like a character that comes out of the vault with a starting stat distribution, like she got a couple of levels in her vault before leaving, or does she seem like someone who used a mod to have a better starting setup?

Well, you can kill low level raiders right away in basically any fallout game so her combat attributes don't have to be that high, especially since she hasn't really faced much more than that and she was provided some level of training. She made plenty of mistakes so I would say her perception is fairly low. She has failed in sweet talking a number of characters so also probably low charisma. Has a fair amount of vault knowledge and has adapted fairly well so I'll give her good intelligence.

So, yes, a normal distribution.

• 1Mic Drop
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

starting this up.

I don't know that that character is supposed to be a tranny in the show world, though. It's just a tranny actor making it unnecessarily confusing for a viewer.

In world, it doesn't seem like a brotherhood recruit would have lived a life that would have had access to any of the body modification science.

Caliane

high perception. showed her rifle training, and she picked up on her husbands wounds, and checked his radiation, and dartgun.

• 1Like

Bald Brah

Silver Squire

The opening sequence establishes her as an accomplished mary sue right from the jump. She's a science expert, expert gymnast, expert martial artist, expert marksmanship...

• 2Like

DickTrickle

high perception. showed her rifle training, and she picked up on her husbands wounds, and checked his radiation, and dartgun.
Yeah, I guess I forgot all that was tied to. Still seems medium at best. Like, she definitely failed all of the non combat related perception checks.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I miss the times of suspension of disblief. You could play as a woman in Fallout 4 and do all the same shit as the male counterpart and I really dont remember anyone bitching, is it really all that different just because its a TV show?

No really, I am asking what the difference is.
Well women, of course, want to pretend they are just as strong as men. Outside of that, only degenerate faggots who wanted to RP that they were Girl Boss lesbians played female characters... wait, what were we talking about again?

Oh, right, how it's harder to keep the suspension of disbelief when watching a TV show or movie, instead playing a video game. It's almost like they are different mediums. Animated TV shows and live action tv shows are even closer related, yet live action has a much higher bar that it has to pass for people to stay immersed in it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Caliane

thoughts, on "coming the rest of the season"

is goggins mr. house as well?

seems odd to be focusing on vault tec, and "someone is behind this". I mean they mention the enclave of course, but this seems focused on vault tec, not the enclave.
obviously implying a lot of backstory stuff. the female raider not being just a raider. having dealings with lucy's father. "vault 32 up to things" not standard vault stuff either.
Eugenics? two vaults with a breeding program... that could further explain any above average performance from lucy.

Cybsled

Enclave and Vault Tec were in cahoots from what I recall from the games. The Enclave originally wanted to live off-planet and the vaults were testbeds for that

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
its not remotely that bad. at worst its another The boys.
Noticeably worse than The Boys(s1 at least, 2 and 2 where awful imo). Ignoring the pants on head retarded overall plot, theres quit a bit of cringe and just idiocy sprinkled throughout it. An in your face pregnancy water break moment? Cringe "do you want to have sex" to a rando guy she just met after the last guy she had sex with turned out to be a murdering rapsit? Awful "foreshadowing" that the writers clearly thought they where smart by putting in?

Just not good at all.

is goggins mr. house as well?

seems odd to be focusing on vault tec, and "someone is behind this". I mean they mention the enclave of course, but this seems focused on vault tec, not the enclave.
obviously implying a lot of backstory stuff. the female raider not being just a raider. having dealings with lucy's father. "vault 32 up to things" not standard vault stuff either.
Eugenics? two vaults with a breeding program... that could further explain any above average performance from lucy.
Its vaultec focused because of awful writing.

House is shown in ep8 but the story rectons all of NV/1/2 with both the NCR and Vegas being destroyed/nonexistant. Not only that but the enclave is never relavant again once the scientist leaves it.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

yabbayabba

Peasant
Enclave and Vault Tec were in cahoots from what I recall from the games. The Enclave originally wanted to live off-planet and the vaults were testbeds for that
The Enclave is what is left of the US government after the bombs fell and there is zero way Vault Tec could have done all hidden testing programs without the government knowing about it (probably gave them parameters to a bunch of tests as well). But I'm not sure if the characters in the show would really know if Vault Tec was up to anything nefarious. Their vault overall seems like one of the better ones.

I wouldn't put it past Vault Tec to have the connected vaults with raiders taking over one as some kind of test. They like to do really weird shit.

People are complaining about the girl boss shit because it is a symptom of a larger problem of trying to force diversity in a universe that already had plenty of it. If it was just her it wouldn't be so bad, it's all the parts added together.