Fallout

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Way better than expected. Some cheese here and there but a solid 8/10 for me. Will be looking forward to S2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watched some of this. The action was cheese/stupid in episode one in that typical Hollywood kind of way, just with a lot more blood. A lot of the "hey, guy: stand there while I take 30 seconds that you could easily kill me in, so I can wind up or somehow make this stupid flashy move." There were also a few of the retarded: "I'll kill this person over here and not someone that is important to the plot standing closer" too.

I know a lot of people like that or probably feel it's more in line with the game, but it's not my cup of tea. It didn't kill interest in the show, just gave some figurative eye roll moments.

The only real "girl boss" moment of silliness I noticed was when the main character was able to push the dude, that had 60+ pounds on her, off her, when he pinned her on top of the dresser. Although, since the rest of the action was almost as cheesy, it felt more or less in line with the over the top style they decided to go with.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
The usual suspects are once again circle jerking each other while making faggotry noises and doing fag things while thinking they are owning non fags. Sorry fags, we are not democrats so no one owns people here. /chirps in Alpha

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Dunno if I missed it somewhere but

How did the Moldaver chick live so long? She didn’t seem like a ghoul and everyone else from that time period was in a pod, but don’t remember anything mentioned that caused her to stay around.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Dunno if I missed it somewhere but

How did the Moldaver chick live so long? She didn’t seem like a ghoul and everyone else from that time period was in a pod, but don’t remember anything mentioned that caused her to stay around.
They point out in the flashback that she's in fact a multi millionaire and they "bought all her tech companies" so it's safe to assume she had a cryo chamber.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Binged the whole show - really well done IMO. If you're a Fallout fan you'll love it. They also said the show is canon, so...

If you're a big New Vegas fan, you'll really love the teaser for season 2 lol. The odds of Mr. House being alive are also extremely high - I presume that was him during the meeting at Vault Tec during the flashback and Hank heading there would suggest that there is still a 'friendly' presence there. Which means any New Vegas ending where Mr. House lives is canon then

• 1Picard

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If you're a big New Vegas fan, you'll really love the teaser for season 2 lol.
Except the shows depiction of him is almost the opposite of what he was in NV. That combined with Hank running off to the ruins of Vegas kinda says House will be House in name only.
They point out in the flashback that she's in fact a multi millionaire and they "bought all her tech companies" so it's safe to assume she had a cryo chamber.

iirc she has some life extension tech.

shes basically being setup to be commy jesus, if you ignore her letting her goons rape and murder vault dwellers.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The scene where the nog saves the farmer dude and he says, "He was fucking my chickens", I almost started cracking up. But then I remembered how woke this show is and how little enjoyment I should take from it.

Phew, I almost snapped out of my insufferable attitude for a minute. I'm glad I caught myself before things got enjoyable.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ghoul is the the only one that really has history of loss out of main characters. Every character is learning, Lucy never is a Mary sue

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm halfway through Ep2 and I'm kinda bored. Hope it picks up.

I hated Ep 2 also as a followup to Ep 1. Lost attention multiple times halfway through it.

It improves and I was able to binge episodes beyond 2 during a separate session. At first I thought the show wasn't bingeable and I was going to have to up my tolerance for it potentially becoming a slog of action scenes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Show is woke. 0/10. The Hollywood Americans just couldn’t resist themselves… 👃👃👃

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think this dropped to an 8/10 by the time it had finished. The conspiracy reveal seemed a bit meh - no idea if it fits with the games as for some reason my recall of playing Morrowind and Skyrim seem more memorable than playing Fallout 3 and 4. My abiding memory of Fallout is an old room-mate constantly playing it on our living room PC and projector whilst the other gormless room-mate watched.

Not sure if my 8/10 score is a consequence of binging 4-5 episodes as your attention span naturally starts to wane - still the best thing on TV for a while and seemed faithful enough to the games with little touches like the bobble-heads. Which is why the shrieking over one use of "they/them" is so retardedly OTT lol

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
So are we going to talk about how they made Fallout 3 on TV with extra steps by destroying the NCR and New Vegas in order to make it about the BoS vs. Enclave again?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maximus is quite the shitbird, not sure how they thought his actions make him compelling.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maximus is quite the shitbird, not sure how they thought his actions make him compelling.
What, because of the situation with the yao guai and Titus? Titus was a coward who put Maximus in harm's way, ran away like a bitch, was only saved from certain death by Maximus, and then was determined to have Maximus punished for no reason. I thought it was a great scene overall, showing how heroes aren't always heroes (starting with Titus saying "I'm bored, let's kill something"). He does continue on in falsehood but he's still committed to the BoS mission initially.

I think this dropped to an 8/10 by the time it had finished. The conspiracy reveal seemed a bit meh - no idea if it fits with the games as for some reason my recall of playing Morrowind and Skyrim seem more memorable than playing Fallout 3 and 4. My abiding memory of Fallout is an old room-mate constantly playing it on our living room PC and projector whilst the other gormless room-mate watched.

Not sure if my 8/10 score is a consequence of binging 4-5 episodes as your attention span naturally starts to wane - still the best thing on TV for a while and seemed faithful enough to the games with little touches like the bobble-heads. Which is why the shrieking over one use of "they/them" is so retardedly OTT lol

The idea that Vault Tec or other corporations were possibly behind starting the war is not something that has been shown before. However, who actually started the war is still not actually known for sure, afaik. In FNV, it's assumed the Chinese did it but I don't know that it's canonical truth. Also, the RobCo CEO is Robert House from FNV and it doesn't seem like he would be a part of something like that. Then again, there's still a lot of story to tell and that scene doesn't necessarily mean that Vault Tec actually started it. It could have just been there to show how debased the corporations were and, more importantly to the story, how far gone Cooper's wife was to the system. I suspect there will be more to that storyline next season to flesh it out but there are some elements that seem to go against established lore (though, this is going against my incomplete memory as well).

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Didnt New Vegas have a Super Mutant Companion that walked around a sun dress? Woke shit! Probably ruined the whole game

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What, because of the situation with the yao guai and Titus? Titus was a coward who put Maximus in harm's way, ran away like a bitch, was only saved from certain death by Maximus, and then was determined to have Maximus punished for no reason. I thought it was a great scene overall, showing how heroes aren't always heroes (starting with Titus saying "I'm bored, let's kill something"). He does continue on in falsehood but he's still committed to the BoS mission initially.

Dude deliberately cripples his best friend so he can take his promotion. Lies about it. Serves his appointed Knight as a Squire for not even a single mission. Doesn't like that the guy shits on him (lol welcome to being the FNG in the Army) so he lets sits there and just watches him die while holding the health potion that would save him. Then steals the armor.

This kind of character he's supposed to be works best when he's a moral paragon and the world around him is full of shit. He's just as bad if not objectively worse than these people are. Based on what the show has provided to us.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
sounds like you haven't finished watching the season TJT TJT

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users