Fallout

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Dude deliberately cripples his best friend so he can take his promotion. Lies about it. Serves his appointed Knight as a Squire for not even a single mission. Doesn't like that the guy shits on him (lol welcome to being the FNG in the Army) so he lets sits there and just watches him die while holding the health potion that would save him. Then steals the armor.

This kind of character he's supposed to be works best when he's a moral paragon and the world around him is full of shit. He's just as bad if not objectively worse than these people are. Based on what the show has provided to us.

Why would you expect any surface dweller in a post apocalypse to be a moral Paragon

Cybsled

Titus was a little bitch that wanted to blame someone and let them die to cover his own ass, so letting him bleed out is whatever

That later scene with Maximus and the squire makes Maximus look like a psycho/Titus, though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Dude deliberately cripples his best friend so he can take his promotion. Lies about it. Serves his appointed Knight as a Squire for not even a single mission. Doesn't like that the guy shits on him (lol welcome to being the FNG in the Army) so he lets sits there and just watches him die while holding the health potion that would save him. Then steals the armor.

This kind of character he's supposed to be works best when he's a moral paragon and the world around him is full of shit. He's just as bad if not objectively worse than these people are. Based on what the show has provided to us.
He didn't cripple his friend, though.

His true moral failing was when the squire didn't agree to go along with his story. I will admit I didn't like the show went there with his character.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

so, epi2.

starts off explaining that the enclave is responsible for dogmeats, apparently. fine line between "makes sense" and "nobody asked where han got his rear view mirror dice."

just starting, but I want to go back to my concerns on hinted plot. again, im not really looking ahead, so its speculation.
capitalism, corporations, and fallout. fallout parodies of course 50's america, government, and corporations. but theres a different between goofily incompetent, and 50's sci fi tropes, and active modern malicious tropes of corporations. what I mean is, big mountain, MIT, enclave, vault tec etc is all stuff you'd see in 50's B movies. Like comparing precrisis lex luthor, who was a mad scientist, to post crisis lex luthor that is a business man.
the hints at future story here don't feel like 50's scifi, they feel like a more modern crit on umbrella corp.
with that fallout/wasteland again parodies capitalism, but still favors it.
I'm worried this is going to be a parody that doesn't get that. just critical.

iirc btw, China started the war. it was a war for resources all around. US was winning, due to power armor. the invasion of mainland china from Alaska was succeeding. China did have spys in the US. but china was about to lose. it is not clear what exactly happened. Either China launched their nukes since they had lost, or.... an alien space craft off the coast of California accidently triggered the US's nuclear response.

running commentary
making titus/rapport retarded. what the fuck was that supposed to be? funny? how did this retard become a knight in the first place? did HE also steal the power armor?

chicken fucker and "thanks for not shooting me" guy were pretty spot on wasteland encounters

uh.... thats a pretty lush green California town.. did a geck get used? is this going to be explained? super green farmland would change the dynamics pretty massively. the guy on the other side of the hill was begging for water..

stims... uh... why didn't they give the tranny a stim? Withheld from titus to let him die. used on dog, to bring it back from the near death. so, brotherhood HAD them.

immediately back to desert...

epi3.
A thought. what does someone thats not played the fallouts think? they haven't explained alot of stuff iirc. brotherhood of steel. they never said their mission statement have they?
Lucy says, "was that a knight?" is she somehow aware of the bos? or was she referring to medieval knights? the ghoul is called a ghoul, and she doesn't question that either. she never asked, "what is a ghoul? what is wrong with that man?!" when attacked, they instantly called the raiders raiders. as if that is a known faction to them.

running commentary
did they just imply vault uniforms are based on the cowboys uniform? again.. solo dice.. how much more of this are they going to do?
voice box girl. jesus what a bad prosthetic, and effect. 5caps. a brother should know 5caps is extremely cheap right?
dude leaving his power armor out in the open in a town was really dumb. glad they addressed that.

effeminate men in the vault. trying to redeem raiders. integrate them. give them schooling etc.. ...where are they going with this, and this commentary? can... can they possibly in 2024?

tri vault system. I think I was confused previously. I was thinking it was just 2 vaults connected. 3. huh. again just eugenics and breeding?

remember the vault boy thumbs up?! look this is where it came from!

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Cybsled

From the games I always took it that Enclave and the major corps started the nuclear exchange

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Never played the games but the show is great. Looking forward to a second season.

• 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
making titus/rapport retarded. what the fuck was that supposed to be? funny? how did this retard become a knight in the first place? did HE also steal the power armor?
Thats one of the worst tropes thats oh so common nowadays. People in positions of power that are comically retarded or pathetic. You have to be a retard to think its believable someone like Titus made it to becoming a Knight.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
how was he retarded? He sent his Squire in first to play scout/meatshield but got ambushed by mutant Yogi the Bear and tossed around like Di Caprio on quaaludes. He would have survived if his squire fulfilled his obligations and decided to hold onto the meds over some banter

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but they have to do some weird setup where Titus is just a complete prick for very little reason. As you have to make the Squire be "more gooder" for the setup to work.

But it doesn't come off that way. Titus was petty and didn't really give a shit then he just whined and irritated the squire. Whose response was to just let the dude die after serving him for less than a day. The more obvious way to do this is the one we know and love. Titus valiantly dies to a deathclaw and entrusts Maximus to fulfilling the mission and to take his armor. Thrusting much responsibility on our young hero. Testing how much potential to be a Knight he truly has.

Instead you establish that Maximus is an even pettier piece of shit who will let you die if you just come off the wrong way. But he'll just go along with the mission because he doesn't have anything better to do.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Titus valiantly dies to a deathclaw and entrusts Maximus to fulfilling the mission and to take his armor. Thrusting much responsibility on our young hero. Testing how much potential to be a Knight he truly has.

Why would you expect any surface dweller in a post apocalypse to be a moral Paragon

You're still clinging to a black and white world of good vs evil. The BOS aren't meant to be a noble order like the Jedi (haven't played enough of the games to comment on their 'arc') but from the show it seemed like the quasi-religious-order monk-like zealotry didn't make them paragons of virtue in reality. The whole point of the "he's actually a douche underneath the armour" was to show the multi layered literal plot armour of the suit

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You're still clinging to a black and white world of good vs evil. The BOS aren't meant to be a noble order like the Jedi (haven't played enough of the games to comment on their 'arc') but from the show it seemed like the quasi-religious-order monk-like zealotry didn't make them paragons of virtue in reality. The whole point of the "he's actually a douche underneath the armour" was to show the multi layered literal plot armour of the suit
Look you autistic retard. The point is to make an enjoyable character right?

So far, nothing about Maximus is enjoyable. He isn't funny, he has no obvious goal (other than getting power armor), and h'es a petty shitbag. Yet you can tell they were trying to do some kind of setup to portray him as "good." Great character.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Look you autistic retard. The point is to make an enjoyable character right?

So far, nothing about Maximus is enjoyable. He isn't funny, he has no obvious goal (other than getting power armor), and h'es a petty shitbag. Yet you can tell they were trying to do some kind of setup to portray him as "good." Great character.

• 1Cringe

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah but they have to do some weird setup where Titus is just a complete prick for very little reason. As you have to make the Squire be "more gooder" for the setup to work.

But it doesn't come off that way. Titus was petty and didn't really give a shit then he just whined and irritated the squire. Whose response was to just let the dude die after serving him for less than a day. The more obvious way to do this is the one we know and love. Titus valiantly dies to a deathclaw and entrusts Maximus to fulfilling the mission and to take his armor. Thrusting much responsibility on our young hero. Testing how much potential to be a Knight he truly has.

Instead you establish that Maximus is an even pettier piece of shit who will let you die if you just come off the wrong way. But he'll just go along with the mission because he doesn't have anything better to do.
This is the beauty of the casting. The armor comes off you see Michael Rapaport and your brain associates him with a prick/pussy.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is the beauty of the casting. The armor comes off you see Michael Rapaport and your brain associates him with a prick/pussy.

wait, I thought you were joking as I've seen that guy all over Twitter lately being anti antisemitism. Didn't realise he was an actor and was actually in this

Cybsled

Titus wasn’t just being a dick, he was threatening the squire with execution to mask his own failings. Not too far a stretch that Titus could have just been like “this pussy almost got me killed” and they take the word of the knight over him

Although Maximus was a piece of shit to his squire and was going to murder him too, which is pretty ironic

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only watched the first episode and it was decent. Good enough that I'll keep watching.

The tranny was definitely distracting though, and on screen for way longer than "two minutes" or whatever someone said.

The girl who plays Lucy seemed super familiar, and it wasn't until a couple hours after watching that I realized she's the girl who played Jackie on Yellowjackets. She was by far one of the better younger actors on that show, so I'm glad they got someone competent.

• 1Picard

Caliane

Cecil from good bad flicks pointed something out I can't unsee. Lucy has insanely large eyes for her face. like Alita big.

Also, Lucy has been getting her ass kicked nonstop, and damseled twice. I think the mary sue concern is soundly debunked by the start of epi 4.

epi 4 running commentary.

ok, so she didn't know what a feral ghoul was. so.. she really should be asking what a ghoul in general is..
and the last name. so, is the idea that the corporate execs went into cryo, then wake themselves up one at a time, to husband/wife exchange into the other vault, and have kids? her dad will have been a vault tec exec?
new overseers. usually the new overseer gets access to the pc. and learns the purpose of the vault. her dad was overseer. thus should not have been a false overseer thing either. They should have access to his pc.. did they not look? they are shown to be ineffective..

steph is best girl.... and oh god the scene went retarded..

so, the two guys go over to vault 32... wait. so what did the bomb in epi1 do exactly? I thought it sealed the tunnel. did it only take 2 guys 10minutes to clear the concrete?
if so, is vault 32's door open? how are they ignoring this?

epi 5 running commentary.
yeah, they are just not making Max likeable at all. Like, he was recruited and trained by the BOS long ago. This chaotic retard crap should have been beat out of him long ago. he's not a new recruit. does he not believe in the BOS's goals? he seems to. or at least thats what his backstory says. This is not a Finn scenario, where he was a conscript that didn't believe. but he is WRITTEN as if he is a raider that infiltrated the BOS, was faking it till me made it, and now is power tripping. I'm legit wondering now if thats not the case. did they change his character mid shooting. a raider learning to be a knight/hero accidently would have been interesting. being a fuckup squire is ok too... but the fuckupery needs to be his incompetence at the job. like as we see when he gets his own, the guy is competent, knows how the suit works, knows how to use the tech, etc. his anger issues.. is not a negative for a bos knight in the first place.. so stop trying to tell us that it is. just a weird disconnect there.

ideally, they would go from there. violent knight in power armor, with smart scribe making a solid team. .... they are going to kill that dude off in comical bloody manor aren't they?

guess not.

"i had no idea anyone lived in those vaults" "thought it was monsters" again. a bos aspirant should know damn well what's in vaults. he was shown to be a shit student. but I'm really thinking his backstory was redone. maybe they'll still show him infiltrating the ranks before being transferred to the opening center.

A couple more anti-woke bullets. first, lucy's insistence on the golden rule. thats expressly Christian. It is also then presented 100% as a virtue.
Then, when lucy teams up with max.. Battle hymn of the republic is hummed.
" mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord, his is trampling out the vintage of the grapes of wrath are stored: He hath loosed the fateful lighting of His terrible swift sword.
His truth is marching on.
glory, glory Hallelujah!

and it is NOT played ironically like most fallout music.

"bombs fell when I was a kid". huh.. do not know what to make of that.

"I used to think the big lamp was the sun. my mom would take me." so, I'm going to assume it was real. and she was just too young to remember. Lucy's mom did in fact take lucy outside.

I like they did establish her brother as working with computers, before having him do all this computer investigation.

ok.., they held the battle hymn over into the election, then came back with a new version again with further post election vault stuff.. its starting to feel like it is being used ironical..

lucy getting emotional over reclamation day was solid. something unvoiced player vault dwellers can't really do. shock, and confusion that their entire lives in the vault was a lie.

ok, so, he was at shadysands as a kid. that was the bos flashback. and "bombs fell." but that still doesn't make a ton of sense. he'd should have still understood the question she asked. even if it was a "which time?"

"there could be anything in there" "yeah,like a first aid kit". ugh. this is one of those times writers are being retarded. No. fucking explain what might be in there. ghouls, glowing ones, robot brains, assault trons, mutants, super mutants, wood rot, and structural collapse from 270 years of exposure, etc. etc. fucking SAY it. SAY what the dangers are, and what to look for and avoid. for fucks sake.

"we're safe/ok, were in a vault" is not a logical thing for her to say. Like, sure she thinks her vault was safe and home. but, the first thing she did when realizing her husband was from the surface as attempt to kill him. She should think that this vault would assume she and he are also raiders, just like she did, and attack on site. even if she didn't think through the whole trap door thing, which means this vault is intentionally collecting surface dwellers for reasons to be shown.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Yes

Vault 31 are a bunch of Vault Tec junior execs who were put into cryo. In flashbacks, Bud reveals his plan to The Ghoul (when he was a human) about wanting an extremely long term managerial oversight on a project. When needed, they are thawed out and transferred to one of the other 2 vaults. They are always put into management positions and influence the culture of the vault and because effectively "no time" has passed for them from their perspective, they are 100% in on the Vault Tec koolaid. As the Enclave guy revealed, the government type is Meritocracy, so pretty much everyone in the vault wants to standout as being go-getters and willing to do what is needed of them (ideal for ladder climbers in corporate). Presumably this is rewarded with being allowed to be paired up with a mating partner, because the Robobrain (Bud) revealed the main purpose of the other 2 vaults were to encourage a creation of a population of ideal managers. The fate of Vault 32 also shows why they had redundancy in the vaults - not just for the purpose of preventing too much inbreeding, but also to allow purges to safely remove an entire population with no impact to the overall experiment. Vault 32 clearly killed the Vault 31 people that were in Vault 32, since we can assume the overseer there was a Vault 31 person (Vault Tec exec).

Lucy's dad was a Vault Tech junior exec from before the war, as was the blonde woman who lost her eye (which is why she became Overseer of Vault 32 once they did the repop plan) and the woman who replaced Lucy's dad after he went missing.

Also, The Ghoul's wife (who was on Bud's team) had told him in the past she had secured them a spot in a vault for Vault Tec managers, so presumably she was slated to go to Vault 31 and would have been frozen. We don't know at what point the Ghoul became a Ghoul, or what happened to his daughter, although the fact he knows Lucy's dad knows where his family is hints that he might suspect they are still alive. We can also inference that he and his wife got a divorce (presumably shortly after he ease drops on the meeting), since the guys at the bday party talk about alimony.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
In episode 6, the President of the "Govermint" wore a dirty white suit, and was named Sorrell Booker. Sorrell Booke played Boss Hogg in the Dukes of Hazard. Probably showing my age a bit there.

• 2Like