Fantasy Football - Fun Leagues I & II 2014

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'm in Fun 2, and my team sucks! Self-Cleaning Beaver traps
You're the bastage that was snaking my picks!

Edit: Actually, I'm pretty happy with the draft, though I think I'm weak on RB's since I took Peyton early.

QB Peyton Manning, Den QB

RB Frank Gore, SF RB

RB Ryan Mathews, SD RB

WR Brandon Marshall, Chi WR

WR Percy Harvin, Sea WRBreaking News

TE Travis Kelce, KC TERecent News

K Steven Hauschka, Sea K

Bench Tom Brady, NE QB

Bench Dwayne Bowe, KC WR SSPD

Bench Kyle Rudolph, Min TE

Bench Matt Prater, Den K SSPD

Bench Knile Davis, KC RB

Bench Hakeem Nicks, Ind WR

Bench Antonio Gates, SD TE

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
You forgot you have Knowshon Moreno at Flex
wink.png

Why do you have Prater at all?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol a D? I think my teams good.. I will say it's been a long ass time since I've done standard. 10+ years but I don't get the D..

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol a D? I think my teams good.. I will say it's been a long ass time since I've done standard. 10+ years but I don't get the D..
I don't write em. ESPN does. Call Skip Bayless and tell him to pump you up.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They're pretty dumb. To start, it's basically just ranking your team chronologically with a letter instead of number, so there can't be two A teams. The F team may be awesome, but they're ranked last for that league.

Second, it's entirely based on how many players you got that were highly ranked by ESPN.

That said, I have no idea how I ended up with the 3rd worst grade in league 1. This is by far my strongest fantasy team.

QB Luck
RB1 Lesean McCoy
RB2 Gio Bernard
WR1 Julio Jones
WR2 Desean Jackson (who for some reason ESPN absolutely hates...like this week is projected to be 4 fucking points? Really?)
TE Jordan Cameron
D/ST Tampa
K Mason Crosby

I mean, shit, that looks like a really fucking solid team to me.

Based on 2013 numbers:
#5 QB, who's more than likely going to at least stay the same if not get significantly better this season
#2 RB, who was a tossup this year as the #1 overall pick (and is also the youngest of the 3 between Charles and Peterson)
#15 RB
Julio Jones got hurt, but previously was a top 3 (or 5) WR before
#8 WR, who for some reason is projected to basically catch 1 pass a game now
#5 TE, projected to once again be top 5
#7 K
#10 defense, being taken over by Lovie Smith whose defenses are ball hawks

Madness!

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Second, it's entirely based on how many players you got that were highly ranked by ESPN.
This.

If you drafted exactly along the lines of the ESPN rankings, and never reached for any player, even if only a few spots, (which is essentially the exact same as auto-drafting) you will get the top rankings on these recaps. I auto-drafted last year and got the #1 ranking. It's silly.

That said, Gravy, dude, you drafted 2 kickers...

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Well, I dumped Prater. And picked up Folk.

It's been about 15 years since I've played a Fantasy team, and that's my excuse. I know I'm toast, but I'm still gonna kick your gerbil butt this week.
smile.png

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, looks like it was a mistake to play the Saints defense! I was just so unsure about the 49ers defense, and figured the Falcons wouldn't be that good. I think it is a safe bet that I made the wrong choice.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can rest assured that you will not be the only person making wrong choices this week!