Far Cry 4

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Don't know if another Far Cry 4 thread existed because I couldn't find it. Anyways.....

In Far Cry 4, players find themselves in Kyrat, a breathtaking, perilous and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic self-appointed king.

The game key addition sounds cool. You can invite up to 10 friends to join your game for some co-op even if they don't own it.

Malevolus

Trakanon Raider
I was surprised to see so little mention of this with its release coming in November. I loved the third installment and this was one of the more anticipated games of the year for me.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Also surprised not topic on this either. Nearly all Far cry's have been decent if not great. I expect this to be great.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Meh, it looks like another version of The Ubisoft Game.

Make wallets out of endangered species, climb vantage points to uncover the minimap, go on side missions, release dangerous animals in your opponent's base, level up and unlock QTE skills, drive and fly to get around and very very pretty graphics. Did I forget something ?

Oh, yes, a crazy villain.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Meh, it looks like another version of The Ubisoft Game.

Make wallets out of endangered species, climb vantage points to uncover the minimap, go on side missions, release dangerous animals in your opponent's base, level up and unlock QTE skills, drive and fly to get around and very very pretty graphics. Did I forget something ?

Oh, yes, a crazy villain.
I think I read somewhere they are changing the RPG elements, but still going to be a fun game.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I was really surprised by Farcry 3 and enjoyed the hell out of Blood Dragon so I feel its safe to say this will be an instant buy for me. The game play probably won't bring anything new to the table but still should be fun to play. Plus, I want to trample someone with an elephant while I wait for the next Destiny DLC.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I wasn't even going to buy the third one but I'm glad I did. I think it was one of the best shooters of the last gen.

The bow was just fucking awesome to play with, made you feel like Rambo.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Well, the reviews are starting to be released and it sounds like a Farcry 3.5. Everything seems to follows the Ubisoft formula. Co-op looks entertaining and could lead to some very fun events.

The gamespot Review in Progress has a video of some co-op hunting.
Far Cry 4 Review in Progress - GameSpot

Far Cry 4 review round-up, all the scores | VG247
Eurogamer - 8
Videogamer - 8
Joystiq - 4.5/5
Destructoid - 9
IGN - review in progress
Gamespot - review in progress
The Guardian - 5/5
CVG - 9
GamesRadar - 4/5
Metro - 9
GodisaGeek - 9
GamesVillage [Italian] - 8.7
XGN [Dutch] - 8
IGN Germany - 8.3
Eurogamer Spain - 9

Who's getting this for PS4? I want to get some co-op action going!

Gator

Molten Core Raider
AC : Unity says back the fuck up and wait.
lol, I know. Thats what I'm afraid of but I'm trying to be optimistic. I probably should just buy GTAV or the other dozen games I have yet to play (Tomb Raider, Shadows of Modor) and just wait it out. I missed out on the co-op in Far Cry 3 since I bought a year later and no one was no longer playing.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, the reviews are starting to be released and it sounds like a Farcry 3.5. Everything seems to follows the Ubisoft formula. Co-op looks entertaining and could lead to some very fun events.

The gamespot Review in Progress has a video of some co-op hunting.
Far Cry 4 Review in Progress - GameSpot

Far Cry 4 review round-up, all the scores | VG247
Eurogamer ? 8
Videogamer ? 8
Joystiq ? 4.5/5
Destructoid ? 9
IGN ? review in progress
Gamespot ? review in progress
The Guardian ? 5/5
CVG ? 9
GamesRadar ? 4/5
Metro ? 9
GodisaGeek ? 9
GamesVillage [Italian] ? 8.7
XGN [Dutch] ? 8
IGN Germany ? 8.3
Eurogamer Spain ? 9

Who's getting this for PS4? I want to get some co-op action going!
I am going to get it for the PS4, but after the Unity crap, I am waiting to see how bad any technical issues are, and see how many microtransactions they throw in it first.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems they didn't send review copies to a bunch of people, said TotalBiscuit. Doesn't sound very reassuring when they're making sure certain people don't get copies. Don't really care too much about the game anyway so whatever, I'll probably pick the Farcry3 Blood Dragon thing instead when I have time and it's on sale(it's on sale right now but fuck that no time), and then later on Farcry4.

Edit: Apparently that's PC version, which still hasn't sent any copies. PS4/Xbone are fine and being reviewed, PC version is apparently not finished yet. Sounds like it's gonna be a good PC game.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I thought 3 was over rated. Bit too much hunting for animal pelts and retarded ai walking by a recently sniped comrade like it's no big deal.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Seems they didn't send review copies to a bunch of people, said TotalBiscuit. Doesn't sound very reassuring when they're making sure certain people don't get copies. Don't really care too much about the game anyway so whatever, I'll probably pick the Farcry3 Blood Dragon thing instead when I have time and it's on sale(it's on sale right now but fuck that no time), and then later on Farcry4.

Edit: Apparently that's PC version, which still hasn't sent any copies. PS4/Xbone are fine and being reviewed, PC version is apparently not finished yet. Sounds like it's gonna be a good PC game.
I loved 3 but never finished it. One of these days I should haul my PC into the theater and hook it all up, and play through it all.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Apparently there's an alternate ending you can do 15 minutes in. Pretty ballsy to put something like that in, but I like it.