<Prior Amod>
Frell It's about time
rrr_img_65161.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Frell It's about time
It's 10 years too late. At this point I'd rather see a Farscape movie that takes place in its universe but with a new cast of characters despite whatever juvenile crush I had on Claudia Black
wink.png
. But of course they have to market it at core fans because who else would even know the slightest thing about the show?

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Farscape avatars represent

The fan base for this show has been jerked around so much it really is believe it when you see it at this point.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
didn't the show end with the two main characters being turned into blue goo on a rowboat?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
didn't the show end with the two main characters being turned into blue goo on a rowboat?
Reassembled them both for

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (TV Mini-Series 2004) - IMDb

Yes...way too late to have capitalized on the show when it was popular but us hold outs will be happy....this was a great show....Claudia Black was fanfuckingtastic...shame she went on to be a show killer, as did Ben Browder....

I'll keep the hope alive tho~

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Based on that article there's no chance. He just had a whim for a script to be written is all.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
When the article that is said to "confirm" a new movie in the works has the creater of said movie saying "lets keep our fingers crossed", does not exactly fill me with confidence. As others poster have said, a dollar short and a day late.

• 1Like

Sulrn

Deuces
I think the sci fi genre is missing a good FarScape esque show, but trying to recapture the same magic is very unlikely. The Peacekeeper Wars already stretched the series more than it should have and barely left the story in a satisfactory place for an end.

A new movie seems bad.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I loved Farscape but to me it seems like they are waiting to see how Guardians of the Galaxy is going to do. While not a carbon copy, they do have similarities. Just seems like a bad idea. If this does happen, then it should happen like stated above and make it further down the timeline with different characters.

• 1Like

Chesire_sl

shitlord
2005 theatre for sure , 2015 + redbox for me anyways . Claudia Black with stretch marks and an ass like a bag of nickels isn't worth spending 13 bucks to see in a theatre.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
January 28th, 2020 was the date for the tweetstorm for more Farscape, as per Ben Browder. The response was not great. 😭

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Gdit, I thought there was going to be something

The problem is the fandom has been Jebaited so many times on Farscape restarts. Over the past 15 years there have been at least half a dozen continuations teased and nothing ever materialized.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The Henson's original plan was for John and Aeryn's kid Dargo(Deke) to be the focus of the new film. I recall the pitch was he ends up on Earth because they left him there to protect him, then he has to go back to the Uncharted Territories to save his parents. In the comics Deke had some funky ass ability to manipulate time and space (basically, he has wormhole powers)

spronk

FPS noob
whats the tl;dr

also the chick who played Chiana, the blue nympho in the show (was everyone blue?), tours around the world with her brother and band singing and stuff. Its extremely tiny venues, she came to my town last year and it was like 25 people lol it was pretty awesome though she is really cool and funny

Goatface

Gigi could have been a good b movie or cable tv star, but she wanted to stay in Australia.