Feb Retro Game of the Month - Nominations!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

Do it!

if you want a theme - umm Feb is black history month, so games that star black folk? and FFS if you say "we just did one" you get sent to the gamegate thread!

or no theme hehe ;-)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

The problem would be to make a game list though. Shadow Man and GTA: San Andreas are the only two oldish games that come to mind with a black main character. You can add some brawlers and fighting games that have multiple characters and also many sport games (mostly basketball), but that's about it. I am game for San Andreas though, but is it retro enough? It's a 2004 game.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
How about February is the shortest month, so short games as a theme?

No idea what games those would be though.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
How about February is the shortest month, so short games as a theme?
I dig it.

Short games and the friendly challenge amongst forum-bros is who can speed-run it the fastest?

Not trying to encourage autistic obsession like your typical AGDQer, but it's something to add spice to the mix.

My suggestions:

Rush N' Attack
Contra
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Double Dragon

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I dig it.

Short games and the friendly challenge amongst forum-bros is who can speed-run it the fastest?

Not trying to encourage autistic obsession like your typical AGDQer, but it's something to add spice to the mix.

My suggestions:

Rush N' Attack
Contra
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Double Dragon

Heh, I was just thinking I can beat NES Double Dragon II pretty quick.
The super knee attack wrecks the final boss with his bullshit flying spinning fist that takes 3 health cubes off.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Hmm I'm drawing a blank. Short games? Bayou Billy? Bad dudes? Maybe they were only short because I sucked at em hahaha.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Really need more PC retro noms. Love the consoles and all but feel its an area thats overlooked.
Lets do...Eye of the Beholder on PC + its pretty short.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Deja Vu, Nintendo Entertainment System

Lets all punch muggers, together!

Siliconemelons

Votes will start Sunday (ish)

So get some nom-nominations in.

Fast fun games seemed to be a good thing to go with our short / fast month of febtruberry

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'll nominate Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island again. Not as short as some of the other games nominated, but still not bad.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
In honor of it just hitting 21 years old and it's remake launching this week, I nominate Resident Evil 2. It's a short game and features a POC for February.

220px-NTSC_Resident_Evil_2_Cover.png

marvin.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users