Poll February's Retro Game of the Month

What game should we play and discuss in February?

• Tales of Phantasia (SNES)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Lunar: Silver Star Story (Sega CD/PS1)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Thunder Force IV (Genesis)

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Jurassic Park (SNES)

• Secret of Mana (SNES)

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Ogre Battle (SNES)

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES/Genesis)

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Vagrant Story (PS1)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1)

• Battletoads (NES)

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Here are February's options for Retro Game of the Month.

Get voting!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Fun choices.. Having to fight between voting for what I know will be fun and I want to replay vs. New old stuff that could be fun to get to know....

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Lunar SSSC was one of those games I bought because of the box and turned into one of the most memorable RPGs evrr.

Voted secret of Mana to coincide with remake

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Secret of Mana with the early lead. I love the game, would be happy to play it again, but I actually started it over again a few months back and holy jeez the grinding!

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

I think it takes a special mindset to play Vagrant Story: this game is 99% menuing to craft things. I was so looking forward to this game at the time and I think I lasted 2 hours, if that.

Anyway I own 8 of those 10 games and beat 3 of them (Ogre Battle - though with just one ending and probably the worst, I mean I would free people and they would not join me because I was too much of an asshole and the end was like "A tyran replaces another tyran" - Secret of Mana and Brave Fencer Musashi). That leaves 5, but Vagrant Story and Battletoads I can do without, so I went with Lunar, the first Tales (I think it's the first?) and Thunderforce IV.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Secret of Mana seems like nostalgia votes to me. Who hasn't already played that game multiple times? Vote for something you haven't played nerds.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That's how I feel. I like trying new games I otherwise wouldn't play. That said, some games are worth revisting now and then, and it's been a decade+ since I played Secret of Mana, so I'd be down for that winning.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I used to really like Secret of Mana many years ago but i replayed it a year ago and stopped halfway through in disgust. I loathed how transparent the game was in its poopsocking by going around the world and collecting 8 of each bullshit elementals.

Also Jurassic Park was one of the worst SNES games I played. If you wanted a top down adventurer like that, you should have gone with True Lies.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The remake of SoM comes out mid-February, so that's likely the biggest draw for the votes.