Field of Dreams (1989)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Field of Dreams (1989)

Tagline: If you believe the impossible, the incredible can come true.

Genre: Drama, Fantasy

Director: Phil Alden Robinson

Cast: Kevin Costner, Amy Madigan, Gaby Hoffmann, Ray Liotta, Timothy Busfield, James Earl Jones, Burt Lancaster, Frank Whaley, Dwier Brown, James Andelin, Mary Anne Kean, Fern Persons, Kelly Coffield Park, Michael Milhoan, Steve Eastin, Charles Hoyes, Art LaFleur, Lee Garlington, Mike Nussbaum, Larry Brandenburg, Mary McDonald Gershon, Robert Kurcz, Don John Ross, Beatrice Fredman, Geoffrey Nauffts, Anne Seymour, Brian Waldvogel, Brian E. Frankish, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Kevin Fennessy

Release: 1989-04-21

Runtime: 107

Plot: Ray Kinsella is an Iowa farmer who hears a mysterious voice telling him to turn his cornfield into a baseball diamond. He does, but the voice's directions don't stop -- even after the spirits of deceased ballplayers turn up to play.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Gave this a watch, since I have not had the chance to rewatch this as an adult. Honestly, I just found this to be decent. It felt completely contrived as it moved from plot point to plot point. Nothing seemed organic or challenging for the main, even with the constant threat of losing his farm. The ending though, where it all came together with the doctor for his child, and then with his father, got me in the heart strings. Decent flick, worth a watch, don't expect too much out of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I don't even like baseball generally, but the last half hour of this movie, without fail always makes me blubber like a lost puppy. Particularly the end, captures the father/son dynamic so well and after having a little dude of my own always gets me in the feels.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The character played by James Earl Jones was the author JD Salinger in the book.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I don't even like baseball generally, but the last half hour of this movie, without fail always makes me blubber like a lost puppy. Particularly the end, captures the father/son dynamic so well and after having a little dude of my own always gets me in the feels.

Yeah, it’s wonderful. It made me wish I knew my parents when they were young instead of just old people. I’m going to record some videos for my child of myself just talking about what’s going on in life and my memories of my child up to that point. So they can have something to see what I was like before I got old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Burt Lancaster was a very good actor, you should check him out as PT Barnum. I didnt think this movie lived up to the hype. It was good, but people acted like it was the bestest ever.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A good movie that is really all about the payoff at the end. The last act makes the formulaic ride to get there worth it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database