Fighting with My Family (2019)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Fighting with My Family (2019)

Genre: Comedy, Drama

Director: Stephen Merchant

Cast: Florence Pugh, Lena Headey, Nick Frost, Jack Lowden, Vince Vaughn, Thea Trinidad, Dwayne Johnson, Aqueela Zoll, Ellie Gonsalves, Leah Harvey, Chloe Csengery, Hannah Rae, Chris Albright, Kim Matula

Release: 2019-03-01

Plot: A former wrestler and his family makes a living performing at small venues around the country, while his kids dream of joining World Wrestling Entertainment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw this trailer before Creed 2, and it seemed interesting enough. I'm absolutely NOT a Wrestling guy. As a kid, I thought it was stupid. I still do, and have never watched a match or whatever, but I'll probably download this and watch it once it comes out on bluray. Maybe it's because The Rock is in it, but the trailer didn't seem bad.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i've never really been a fan of paige. i watched a ton of wrestling growing up, right up to the monday night wars while i was in college. when WCW imploded i stopped watching and that was it. when Sting wrestled HHH a few years back it reignited my enjoyment of it so i stared following it again. but that timeline meant i missed basically everything that mattered with paige. i saw her wrestle a couple times but then she was out with injuries and drugs.

anyway my point is, i don't really get the focus on paige, but admittedly that's due to ignorance. everything i've seen though, makes me think there's nothing really unique about her story. i'd MUCH rather watch a movie about undertaker, or kain, or the hardy boys, or edge and christian, or sting, or flair, or becky lynch, or (etc ad nauseum)

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I think Becky has a similar story, but the WWE loves multi generational wrestling families, and Paige (in theory) should have been near the top of the women's division right now, had she not been forced to retire because her neck is so fucked she might die if she takes a bad bump. I assume the movie will gloss over the fact that those injuries are rooted in her taking bumps at a super young age (early teens)

Either way, has The Rock, will probably see.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database