Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Got the Cid's Mission done. Here are my thoughts and tips:

First of all my team:

Gilgamesh: Draw Fire and Lifesiphon (Soul Break is his SSB Faithful Companion)
Lenna: Curaja and Shellga (Soul Break is a Shared Group Heal)
Faris: Full Break and Magic Breakdown (Soul Break is DEF and RES down from her first bow)
Exdeath: Drainga (irrelevant) and Thundaja (Soul Break is Grand Cross from Moore Branch)
Bartz / Butz: Armor Break and Thundara Strike (Soul Break is Lupine Barrage from his Brave Blade SB)

Roaming Warrior: Shout

My synergy is solid in V but I don't have any native trinity items. But I also feel that this fight isn't as gear dependent as other Ultimate +s have been.

Leviathan can counter physical attacks but it's at a very low percent chance. On my A-Team run I had a single counter. On my CM run I didn't have any. Therefore it's best to ignore the counter completely and just S/L if you get really unlucky. Some of the writeups make it sound like Physical teams are screwed because of this ability but I didn't think so at all.

Next up is his Tsunami ability. Just like Cagnazzo from IV he "gathers water" before using it. 3 Lightning based attacks will knock him out. Unlike Cagnazzo he takes forever to actually cast Tsunami so you only need 2 Lightning users to knock it off. Even without Haste I had plenty of time to keep it off. With Haste it was trivial. Exdeath just used Thundaja every turn. Bartz alternated Armor Break and Thundara strike. There were times where Leviathan decided to Gather Water just as I clicked Armor Break and after Exdeath had already acted. But despite that I had no issues getting rid of the Water.

Like I said, this didn't seem like a super gear intensive fight but more gear is better of course. I did have to egg everyone up to 78+ (Gilgamesh, Lenna and Bartz were already 80 but I needed to use some eggs on Faris and Exdeath). I also got very lucky in that he stuck to physical attacks for most of the fight. He only cast Waterga a couple of times and the group water attack a couple of times which was easily healed with Lenna's shared group heal.

My biggest problem last night was overthinking and overestimating the fight. I went too heavy on Lightning abilities and my damage was really low due to some ability choices I made and I used Wall instead of Shout as my RW. This is a fight you want to finish fast so Shout was a much better RW. The damage is manageable if you don't get super unlucky (and if you do just S/L) so it's better to kill him faster than trying to prevent damage.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Ifrit CM is really a pita, been trying a bunch of combinations here and there but without wall and hastega just feels undoable unless the stars aligning... Eating double 2k meteors is always fun.

looks like I may need to bench it until chain blizzaga comes out, and hopefully get some lucky relic pulls in future banners.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
100 gem'd Exdeath's EnDark relic, which is cool. Def needed the V synergy, and gives me a second very strong self-buffed Mage to stand next to Vincent.

Excited to see Cid from Tactics is dropping in JP. I haven't played over there in months, but try to collect my daily mythril. Will be interesting to see how good he/his BSB is.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It opens again next month when the next mote dungeon is released. You can keep trying Ifrit whenever the dungeon is open.

The next one is much easier.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Pulled 3 relics on the medics banner.... Relm, Minwu and Vanille. While I am super pumped since they're all pretty high tier and I only had Yuffie's medics before, part of me wants to keep going for dreamstage because Ifrit be bugging me still.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Did a 100 gem pull and lucked into a Vanille's Physician's Staff. I think Relm's medica is overall stronger, but the special effect on Vanille's medica that restores a skill on use may be helpful, especially since only 2 uses of fullbreak is rarely enough for the longer fights, but 3 should be perfect.

For the stuff that says "Restores one ability" does that restore one to both of your equipped spells, or only 1 randomly chosen?

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Unfortunately it's one that is randomly chosen, but unlike the enemy drop I believe that it will not be wasted if your other ability is full.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It opens again next month when the next mote dungeon is released. You can keep trying Ifrit whenever the dungeon is open.

The next one is much easier.
Just want to be 100% clear on this: The Ifrit Cid Mission reopens with the dungeon? Don't want to miss anything. Thanks for the help.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Yes can confirm that Ifrit and its CM will come back when Mote Dungeon opens again, similar to Nightmare / Abyss dungeons. People are posting about them beating the CM in Japan as recent as a week ago. That said it meant more to them because the rewards were 4* mote, where as for us I believe it's just Orbs.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
We are also getting 4 star motes for completing Ifrit Cid's Mission. The original rewards only show the Orbs but DeNA announced that anyone who completed it as a CM will receive the motes after the dungeon closes for the month in their mail. When it opens next month they intend to have the motes get rewarded correctly through the interface if you complete the CM.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Did a 100 gem pull and lucked into a Vanille's Physician's Staff. I think Relm's medica is overall stronger, but the special effect on Vanille's medica that restores a skill on use may be helpful, especially since only 2 uses of fullbreak is rarely enough for the longer fights, but 3 should be perfect.

For the stuff that says "Restores one ability" does that restore one to both of your equipped spells, or only 1 randomly chosen?

Unfortunately it's one that is randomly chosen, but unlike the enemy drop I believe that it will not be wasted if your other ability is full.

It's not quite random. There was a Reddit post on how you can manipulate it. I didn't read it, but should be searchable if you're interested.

Since we know that 6* abilities are coming soon, these Ether SB's will be useful as even in JP they can't reliably hone them yet.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I pulled and got Minwu's instant heal. I prefer Yuna as my healer for waifu reasons but it's a solid relic.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Some good news: With today's update people have managed to data one some things. The biggest one is that we, as in Global, WILL get at least one 5 star relic on an 11x pull guaranteed. The data doesn't indicate when this will happen though. In Japan this feature was introduced during the next VII event which featured Cloud's OSB (Overstrike Soul Break). Based on our current schedule that should land sometime in October.

Also it looks like Orbfest starts tomorrow!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That'll be nice, so we don't need to go 0/11. My assumption is that this is going to be trash-tier 5* guarantees, or that the overall rate of 5* will go down...

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
In Japan the rates are the same. But, yes, you can pull an off banner 5 star relic that doesn't have a Soul Break as your guaranteed. It won't happen all of the time but it can happen.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
In Japan the rates are the same. But, yes, you can pull an off banner 5 star relic that doesn't have a Soul Break as your guaranteed. It won't happen all of the time but it can happen.
Happens already, so I shouldn't fault that.

Stolen from Reddit:

What's the difference between Orbfest and You:
Orbfest has a date

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So planning out how to spend mythril during orbfest, I made a list of all of the spells I want at least rank 3. I only included 4 and 5* skills in the list, since 3* and below are easy to make. If there's any rank 4+ spells that I left out but should have in my arsenal, let me know! Also, if some of this isn't worth actually honing to r3, feel free to tell me. I'm mostly looking for overall useful stuff, especially that will help me take down cid missions without a bunch of relics. Super niche stuff that's only needed for a few masteries in the game isn't as important to me.

Rank 4 Skills:
Firaja
Blizzaja
Thundaja
Waterja
Ruinga
Drainga
Dismissal
Lifesiphon
MementoMori
LeechingLeap
Blood of Wyvern
Banishing Strike
Firaga Strike
Blizzaga Strike
Thundaga Strike
Waterga Strike
Maduin
Valefor
Magic Breakdown
Power Breakdown
Curaja
Protecta R2
Shellga R2
Diaga

Rank 5 Skills:
Powerchain
Full Charge
Dark Zone
Dragoon Jump
Saint Cross
Full Break R2
Multi Break R2
Bahamut

If I have extra:
Quick Hit
Thiefs Revenge

Thanks!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
4* elemental strikes generally are overkill. Usually you're just bringing them vs. a weakness, in which case using the 3* version under Shout will often hit the damage cap.

Might want to budget for multiple Lifesiphons if you haven't already.

• 1Like

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Don't worry about he 4 star spellblades. 3 star ones are plenty.

Full Break R2 is a priority. Rank 3 is a luxury but it's a very nice luxury.

I would pass on Dragoon Jump and Bahamut for the time being.

Saint's Cross and Thief's Revenge are great abilities for their respective classes but there's a lot of orb overlap.

• 1Like